Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270002 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15210 on: October 16, 2015, 01:17:11 pm »

Had a Malphite vs Jax that became hilarious. All the Malphs built Thornmails, and just stacked tons of armor (and a little MR) and watched the puny Jaxes flailing around and injuring themselves more than us.

But I just had a match that will probably haunt my nightmares for weeks to come:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15211 on: October 16, 2015, 02:19:10 pm »

Yikes. Skin it to win it occurred, I presume?

--

Just in case anyone didn't catch the announcement, until Oct. 22nd rune pages are two-for-one when purchased with both RP and IP. That's two pages for 590RP/6300IP.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: October 16, 2015, 02:42:12 pm »

--

Just in case anyone didn't catch the announcement, until Oct. 22nd rune pages are two-for-one when purchased with both RP and IP. That's two pages for 590RP/6300IP.
Yeah, the skins beat the..uhh...standard shirts? It was a pretty close game though. Teamfights were fucking hilarious. Like a match of Rock'em Sock'em Robots, with all the knockups and grabs. There were several times where I'd go to power punch an opponent, only for that opponent and one my teammates to both rocket grab each other and swap positions.  :P

Just had a PentaMord vs. PentaNid match. That was horrifying. Stop for half a second to breathe, and you had spears coming out of every bush in range, followed by 5 large cats pouncing you. Full health to dead in less than 2 seconds.

I'm really bummed they nixed Karthus and Teemo from this action though. 5 Teemos would be the ultimate. More shrooms than Burning Man.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: October 16, 2015, 02:45:16 pm »

It'd be playing a high action game of The Floor is Lava Mushroom. I can see nothing wrong with that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: October 16, 2015, 03:41:56 pm »

--

Yeah, the skins beat the..uhh...standard shirts? It was a pretty close game though. Teamfights were fucking hilarious. Like a match of Rock'em Sock'em Robots, with all the knockups and grabs. There were several times where I'd go to power punch an opponent, only for that opponent and one my teammates to both rocket grab each other and swap positions.  :P

Just had a PentaMord vs. PentaNid match. That was horrifying. Stop for half a second to breathe, and you had spears coming out of every bush in range, followed by 5 large cats pouncing you. Full health to dead in less than 2 seconds.

I'm really bummed they nixed Karthus and Teemo from this action though. 5 Teemos would be the ultimate. More shrooms than Burning Man.

Wait, did they remove Karthus? I played a Karthus vs. Kindred match last night.

Yes, it was hilarious. We won despite the fact that their ults countered ours. I've also seen Teemo bans, so I think he's in rotation for it as well. Unless they patched it this morning or something I guess.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: October 16, 2015, 06:47:12 pm »

As expected, I'm _really_ loving this whole Kindred thing.

...of course, theme and character is like 90% of what I look for in champions and Lamb's voice is just so, so soothing. I could never be enraged while playing Kindred. The gameplay is fun, too, although I usually just place hunt on a squishy and keep it there until I kill them, at least in laning. I'm still getting a hang of the timing, and I usually get the kill before the mark places when I'm trying to be smart with it. The psychological part isn't too great because most people just ignore it, even if they are super low.

And the ult is really hard to play right. I wish it was placed instead of targeted, but I guess that would make it too strong.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: October 17, 2015, 12:21:10 am »

Tahm Kench vs... Tahm Kench.

I wanted an all Kench team. But not like this.

Edit: We won, but I'm going to have nightmares about that game.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:03:19 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15217 on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:19 am »

Daily reminder that RL is a shithead who has it in for riot.

If nothing else, this is basically an ideal situation to research this kind of thing.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: October 17, 2015, 11:16:33 am »

Yeah, I really don't see a problem with this kind of thing. How else are you going to fight the shitty people, if you have no idea what made them shitty in the first place.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: October 17, 2015, 01:14:41 pm »

... yeah, I'm sure "just mute them" has worked in the past to promote improved community behavior in games.

Except it hasn't, of course. Pretty much ever, since the early dawn of online multiplayer and the first nascent implementations of the feature. Agree with the methodology or not, pretty much every large community we've seen kick off that "report culture" has seen improvements that don't happen when all you have is a mute button. Players never needed any encouragement to try to win arguments, and the stuff that's being done nowadays at least puts a slight cap on how aggressively they get pursued.
Ask not!
Ask!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: October 17, 2015, 02:54:00 pm »

Can you explain to me in more detail why this is this creepy and/or outrageous again? Really spell it out for me. How is this even remotely unethical? The survey is optional. They're not banning people (from a free video game) for not taking it. I think the premise of it is fascinating and I hope they publish the results. It probably won't show any correlation at all, even so it's fine. Everything's going to be okay. Your kids are going to be okay. They've already taken similar personality tests of their own volition. This kind of thing has never been shown to damage child psyches. Besides, if your kid is signing up for free games with names like "fukUm8" etc aren't there more pressing matters to worry about than personality surveys? I must be missing something.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: October 17, 2015, 02:58:36 pm »

Yeah. This is basically the ideal situation to research something like this. You have people who may or may not be NPD and what you think may be an indicator of it in a largely controlled environment.

For once, Lyte's PhD in Psychology is actually directly pertinent. Experimental design and execution is huge, and the entire point of a PhD is to show you can do that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: October 17, 2015, 02:59:54 pm »

Diablo 2 was also a co-operative game with an optional PVP that you had to opt into.

While League of Legends is a game where not only are you fighting against the enemy team... you are also fighting against your own team.

One creates a more mellow environment then the other without censorship involved... and frankly Diablo 2 NEEDED chat moderators to get rid of the spam bots.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: October 17, 2015, 03:10:08 pm »

Compare it to things like Diablo 2, where there was no in-game chat moderation whatsoever beyond your ability to mute people. I don't remember any problem with 'toxic' chat behaviour on that game, or on many other online games like it. If anyone started spamming or similar, people just muted them and got on with their lives.
... we must have had very different experiences with D2. Every time I tried to get into the multiplayer (several times, over many years) the other people involved basically ran me out of the game. Was incredibly miserable, even worse than the hack-ridden mess that was D1. And it got worse as time progressed, even as blizzard fixed up some holes in the program that made griefing easier. My experience with LoL, things have actually improved in terms of general atmosphere since they started in with the heavier reporting and whatnot. Not much, because this is still competitive online multiplayer we're talking about, here, but some. Which is significantly more than I can say about the MP games I've touched that were effectively hands off.

Being fair, I don't exactly play LoL very often or particularly consistently, so it's entirely possible I've just lucked out playing on better days or some crap. Still, the concept that just relying on the mute feature alone actually does absolutely anything is vaguely farcical to me. People that can't shit talk you will just jump up and down in your face, or whatever the equivalent action is for that game.
Ask not!
Ask!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: October 17, 2015, 03:17:11 pm »

has it in for riot.

not hard

this is another example of Riot putting their efforts towards solving unsolvable problems because they like the excuse to avoid doing things that might actually provide some improvement.

... yeah, I'm sure "just mute them" has worked in the past to promote improved community behavior in games.

Except it hasn't, of course. Pretty much ever, since the early dawn of online multiplayer and the first nascent implementations of the feature. Agree with the methodology or not, pretty much every large community we've seen kick off that "report culture" has seen improvements that don't happen when all you have is a mute button. Players never needed any encouragement to try to win arguments, and the stuff that's being done nowadays at least puts a slight cap on how aggressively they get pursued.

Reports are fine, but most games do just fine without all the buzzword bullshit Riot shoves down the players throats in order to convince them that every person they play with is bad. It's not so much a conspiracy as much as incompetence, but telling your community that there's Toxicity all over the place and that people are being Toxic all the time is kinda really self-fulfilling when everyone is going to regard everyone else as Toxic before they get into the game.
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 1067