Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270028 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15180 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:57 pm »

It's worth noting that devourer is gutted for ranged champs on PBE. Warrior is much better.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15181 on: September 19, 2015, 12:14:31 am »

It seems a bit proactive to their normal approach. I wonder if it'll make it live?

Either way, 5.18 is what Worlds (whatever that is) will be fought on, so I don't foresee it coming out for at least another two or more weeks.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15182 on: September 19, 2015, 08:44:00 am »

Yeah, Warrior's flat-out better for ranged AD/AS junglers now. Not that there were many of them; I expect that most of the more traditional ADCs which people try to jungle with will never upgrade their jungle item and eventually sell it, since Warrior fits more with a bruiser build than anything.

That said, Kindred doesn't really look to be a traditional ADC so much as a nebulous force who has enough innate damage and a kit that promotes a bruiser build more than anything else. It's actually pretty refreshing to see Riot designing champions that don't really fit the 1/1/1/2 meta roles. Their low AD scalings, high natural damage, good scaling with AS+CDR, and mobility make them look like a hybrid of Vayne, and Gnar, and the nature of their passive pretty much ensures that they're going to be primarily played either out of the jungle or top with TP.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15183 on: September 20, 2015, 07:06:42 am »

And once again, a champ with an insanely cool concept but with a kit that makes me feel iffy at best. I do enjoy that they're trying out new stuff and making very unique champs lately but what I've found is that they don't always end up as fun as I'd expected them. It might be because of the higher skill cap you get with stuff like Azir or Rek'Sai but I just couldn't find myself enjoying their gameplay, even though the champs themselves and their abilities sounded really cool.
Then again, it might be that these aren't that good in solo q because of the amount of teamwork certain things require. Like Bard or Tahm which really need some coordination to be used to their full potential, something you don't see very often at my level of play.
Same here for Kindred it seems, that ult feels like a damn gamble at best, because there's no guarantee your team will stay in there long enough, or that the enemy team won't just push you out of it. The rest of the kit seems pretty fun tho so I really can't decide if I want them or not :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15184 on: September 20, 2015, 03:10:30 pm »

Yeah, they're definitely going for higher skillcap champions of late. I've got Azir, I kinda have fund playing him, but I know that my Azir is terrible so I don't play him much. Sort of like Cass, I'm decentish but nowhere near good enough combining her rotation with movement to call myself good.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15185 on: September 20, 2015, 06:02:22 pm »

Riot wants new champs to be pickable, otherwise they fall into the pits of "Oh yeah that's a champion" like Velkoz. This has two issues.

1. If a champion isn't strong, or at least decent, then for many people it feels like sandbagging the team and generally undesirable. "Simple" champions who are strong lead to endless bitching and a balance nightmare. If someone like Annie or Garen (HMM) are good, there's generally not much you can do against it because of how mechanically basic they are, stuff like shortish range 2 second huge aoe stuns on an instant cast don't leave much room for "Wow, that was close, glad I outplayed it". And if they're an objectively strong option, why pick someone more difficult when there's little to no payoff for your skill.

2. If a champion doesn't have something unique about them, why not play someone else who has that same set of mechanics plus something else? We're now up to something like 120 champions. It's hard to make each one distinct, and generally speaking most of the lower skilled options that Riot is willing to make have been exhausted, so new champions will naturally trend towards being more and more complex.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15186 on: September 20, 2015, 06:50:15 pm »

Clearly, the end result of this will be the loading screen firing up an instance of DF playing at 5-10x speed on a random embark, with the LoL interaction being sending military patrols out onto the LoL map and bringing back gold and XP as food and booze. Items will be translated into pets, to be trained as war (lane) or hunting (jungle) beasts and sent back out, or kept untrained to increase dwarf-side infrastructure. The ultimate will entail infecting a dwarf with vampirism, a were syndrome, or necromancy capability every minute or so, then letting you decide what to do with it.

Victory will entail managing a delicate balance between maintaining your fortress side infrastructure to enable you to send more and better equipped patrols, making sure your lanes and allies are supported by your excursions, and fending off enemy attacks represented as invasions (themed megabeasts for enemy heroes, plain goblin, etc., ones for lane minions that reach whatever your exit point is). Perhaps one of your talents would allow you to dig holes to various parts of the LoL side map from the DF side, allowing allies to rapidly traverse the main map via glorious ASCII transport.

... dunno 'bout you, but I'm okay with this. This seems like a good end goal. They should get right on that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15187 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:40 pm »

If I wanted to play Starcraft I would play Starcraft.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15188 on: September 20, 2015, 07:08:10 pm »

... it's funny you should say that, considering what spawned the whole AoS thing to begin with. S'actually a few maps over the years that have played with having various RTS components in addition to the standard hero gameplay, so there's apparently some degree of demand for styles of play with greater RTS-style involvement. It can be pretty fun to play starcraft vs. some number of super units, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15189 on: September 30, 2015, 09:21:56 am »

So I got into gold.

The moment I got into gold all the matches start being horrible in one way or another. Like, even my foolproof way of winning by picking taric and giving zero fucks is starting to fail me. I'm getting shit like Ashe which builds zero damage before the 20 minute mark, having less AD than me as the fucking support. Or the support Morgana who got Mikaels then insisted that he shouldn't get sightstone because he already got Mikaels. Or the general array of leavers, whiners and outright trolls.

I'm back at 0 LP from the 60 or so I got at the start. If things continue this way I'll probably drop out of Gold again :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15190 on: September 30, 2015, 01:00:42 pm »

So I got into gold.

The moment I got into gold all the matches start being horrible in one way or another. Like, even my foolproof way of winning by picking taric and giving zero fucks is starting to fail me. I'm getting shit like Ashe which builds zero damage before the 20 minute mark, having less AD than me as the fucking support. Or the support Morgana who got Mikaels then insisted that he shouldn't get sightstone because he already got Mikaels. Or the general array of leavers, whiners and outright trolls.

I'm back at 0 LP from the 60 or so I got at the start. If things continue this way I'll probably drop out of Gold again :V

I wish I could tell you it gets better in Platinum. I wish I could tell you that, but Ranked is no fairytale world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15191 on: September 30, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »

Yep. You've got really low Bronze where a lot of people genuinely don't give a shit and play for fun, and then you've got high Diamond where some people genuinely don't give a shit and play for fun, and then there's the cesspit from Silver-Plat containing most of the people who give a shit and have just enough ego to ruin it for everyone.

Basically, if you let assholes in ranked affect you at all, you'll hate it. I don't play ranked and I don't play with people I know because both invariably lead to stressful, annoying experiences, which is pretty much the exact opposite of why I play games.

On a related note: That? That's what you have to carry. If someone's in Diamond/Master/Challenger, it's because they were good enough to consistently win despite having to deal with assholes like that in every single division from where they placed up to where they are now. The single biggest sign that you're at where you're supposed to be is that you're unable to win games when you have bad teammates.

3. Run Resize Enable

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15192 on: October 01, 2015, 10:56:23 am »

Incarnation just picked...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:20:17 am by baruk »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15193 on: October 01, 2015, 12:46:15 pm »

Yeah. The last patch helped it a ton. Now you get 15-25 AP per fight instead of 5 or 10 because of assists, and W being castless means you can actually hit it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15194 on: October 01, 2015, 06:28:59 pm »

Mm, that W change wasn't something that I expected to see, but it's a good'un.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 1067