Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270101 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15075 on: August 26, 2015, 11:20:23 pm »

#rito.

The fact that servers are even exclusive in the first place is absurd.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: August 27, 2015, 12:16:07 am »

At least they aren't WG's servers where you get random connection problems that are consistent only in their inconstancy... but then I don't play on EUW.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: August 27, 2015, 01:08:09 am »

Don't have the game installed to test but speedtest is putting me at 14 ping from Chicago.

Damn that's sexy...  I don't want to play again though :S
Shoes...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: August 27, 2015, 03:11:26 am »

I do like the server changes. Generally, I had a steady 100ms or so ping, now I'm in the 30-40ms region. It always was a little annoying to be on a good connection, yet still have a yellow bar for the entirety of the game because of where the servers were located. And the west coast player tears are delicious... welcome to the last 6 years for any east coast player, bud.

I'm actually really glad that they added Dead Man's Plate in, as it really ties together my Tahm Kench jungle. Unfortunately, it's a very slow and fairly unstable start, but once you get rolling with Devourer and Dead Man's Plate (potentially with a lucky gank beforehand) then you become a bit of a juggernaut yourself. Round it out with some Merc Treads, Frozen Mallet, Spirit Visage, and a last slot to flavor (Titanic Hydra for even more damage and double cleave, Warmogs for the insane regen, armor or MR as potentially needed), and you tend to be the bane of anything you can catch up to. Since his ultimate's passive scales with health, you can be doing in excess of 200+ magic damage from that alone per hit, not counting a sated Devourer. ADCs are particularly delicious, as they tend to think they can take you... up until you bash them twice, stun, tongue lash them a few more times, then devour them. Cho'Gath ain't got nothing on this.

It's like a bad meme. "Hey, I heard you like devouring..."

His kit is also pretty solid all around. A near instant-ranged slow/stun, a multifaceted initiate/ally save/disable/huge damage bonus unaffected by Tenacity (as far as I know, only Mercurial can escape it... and it has a 10 second cooldown with no CDR) that can also disjoint movement abilities (I've snagged a Shyvanna trying to escape with her ultimate in mid cast), an ability that acts as a huge spot defensive bonus and provides additional regen during jungle clears/between battles, and an ultimate that not only gives him additional damage for building health, but can also act as a surprise gank from afar. Only real drawback is being unable to nom on the big jungle monsters, meaning the first red and blue clear are exceptionally painful.

On another note, has anyone really seen Fiora played much since her rework? Most melee top seem to shut her down handily, not to mention ranged, as her "extra skill required" kit means that people can simply mash buttons and auto attack while you're trying to be dainty and utilize your abilities to the fullest.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:22:32 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: August 27, 2015, 08:40:44 am »

Turns out Fioras passive is so buggy/unreliable that it's basically part of her q now. But her q is ridiculously good so it works out.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: August 27, 2015, 08:53:29 am »

Is her Q the one that gives her TOTAL FUCKING SPELL IMMUNITY? Or was that her E?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: August 27, 2015, 09:24:48 am »

That's her W.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: August 27, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »

Now that I've had a chance to test it... I really hate the new cast time on Darius' Q. I'd much rather have no healing and no delay, because it pretty much kills it as a tool for harass. You telegraph so much in the wind-up that people can just walk out over and over, or walk inside the blade's range if they want to trade. Worse, it interrupts the normal sequence of your combos by cancelling autos &c, and means that you can't do the old instant Q->E engage because the target will just walk away during/after Q.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: August 27, 2015, 03:06:16 pm »

Lol. I think that's buggy as well, played Garen against her once in a normals, and I never got stunned.
Garen doesn't have anything that would make it stun. It's normally just a slow. It becomes a stun if you stop her from moving.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: August 27, 2015, 07:03:22 pm »

Silences don't stop you from moving.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: August 27, 2015, 07:23:37 pm »

^^
That. Read the ability text more closely:
...If Fiora parries at least one immobilizing effect, Riposte stuns the target instead.

3. Run Resize Enable

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: August 28, 2015, 06:56:57 am »

Now that I've had a chance to test it... I really hate the new cast time on Darius' Q. I'd much rather have no healing and no delay, because it pretty much kills it as a tool for harass. You telegraph so much in the wind-up that people can just walk out over and over, or walk inside the blade's range if they want to trade. Worse, it interrupts the normal sequence of your combos by cancelling autos &c, and means that you can't do the old instant Q->E engage because the target will just walk away during/after Q.
It's the heal that makes his new Q amazing.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: August 28, 2015, 07:52:28 am »

It's the heal that makes his new Q amazing.
If you hit it.

To be fair it saved my ass when I hit both the laner and the jungler with a Q and ended up surviving at 10 HP.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: August 29, 2015, 03:30:34 am »

As I said, fuck the heal and give back that easy combo and reliable harass. I've never needed anything beyond Hydra for sustain or healing to do well with Darius.

--

Pulling an all-nighter to watch the stream of the Korean summer playoff finals. It started absurdly hyped, and then they spent something like fifteen minutes letting the players trashtalk on camera. *rubs hands together*

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: August 29, 2015, 05:16:33 am »

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1067