Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271761 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Preseason 3 Overhaul
« Reply #10665 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:43 pm »

I'm taking bets on how much the forums are going to QQ over that as a giant moneygrab by evil chinese overlords.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: December 18, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »

I'm reasonably sure this entire sale is because the forums wouldn't shut up about these skins.

In other news I gots me a Santa Nashor icon and it's wonderful, and it's even more wonderful because apparently people don't know how to get it and are whining on the official forums for not getting the Positive Player Icon. So wonderful.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: December 19, 2012, 02:17:51 pm »

All/mostly movespeed Gangplank is entirely too fun to play. Kinda' useless in an actual fight, but enjoyable. S3 items make it a lil'more capable than it would have been in S2, I think.

Been building philostone->boots of swiftness->static shiv or zeypher->whichever I didn't get first->PD or triforce->Frozen mallet if there's still time. Since it's been bot TT games, the matches rarely last long enough to get my forth item, but zooming around with a steady 500+ ms is just... amusing. Skills go q->e->w->(q->e->r), then finishing off with w. I call it the "meep meep" build :P

You basically just zoom around shooting people then running away before they can shoot back, and buffing your team with your E when appropriate.

Any heroes in particular that lend themselves to 450+ ms builds? Hecarim seems obvious, but I'm not sure who else fits.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: December 19, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »

I'm reasonably sure this entire sale is because the forums wouldn't shut up about these skins.

In other news I gots me a Santa Nashor icon and it's wonderful, and it's even more wonderful because apparently people don't know how to get it and are whining on the official forums for not getting the Positive Player Icon. So wonderful.

How do you actually get it? I have only one icon and it's a Nashor in a Santa hat?

Is that it?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: December 19, 2012, 03:26:27 pm »

Yeah, that's it. Basically Riot divide players into Positive, Neutral and Toxic, and positive players got the Santa Nashor icon. Riot deliberately refuse to disclose the criteria for getting the icon, apart from that it's for positive players.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: December 19, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »

Any heroes in particular that lend themselves to 450+ ms builds? Hecarim seems obvious, but I'm not sure who else fits.

Singed! There is nothing more I love then when an enemy team has few/no stuns then getting a 5-man gank on me, activating ulti+ghost and just escaping from all the ulti's.

Truly meep-meep escaping from wiley enemy team.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: December 19, 2012, 05:04:02 pm »

First off, you should E before you Q. Slightly more damage.

Secondly, Vayne would do decently like that. Max W first, and just stack those 3 hit combos and then run off.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: December 19, 2012, 05:14:35 pm »

... oh yeah, those synergize, don't they? Hrm. I was primarily getting the q up first for the extra cash, actually, though picking up pickpocket from utility (which I'd be going down anyway for movement speed) would give nice returns anyway, since it triggers off the q. And I'm basically setting up for constant harass anyway. Think I'll have to try that next time I give it a go.

Vayne's an idea. Only worry for me is that you'd have to actually be there for three shots, which even with a high AS (not hard to get, several of the better MS items boost it, too) is generally long enough to get whacked back. Nice thing about parley is you just q and turn around, then come back a couple seconds later and do it again. Kinda' like mundo and his cleavers, just not a skillshot and somewhat shorter ranged (well, and GP gets a constant MS buff in addition to a temporary one). Definitely give it a roll next time she's up on free week, though.

And singed, yeah, he'd fit fairly well. Fling'd be weaker damage wise than normal, but the fact that it'd be basically impossible to get away from it would be a lil'terrifying, methinks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: December 19, 2012, 06:38:51 pm »

VI IS OUT! I'm going to play her ASAP.

Done with game 6 of being extra positive for honor. I'm in a better mood so the friendliness comes with a bit less frustration, even when we're losing.

Game Results
Wins: 3
Losses: 3

Honor
Friendly: 0
Helpful: 0
Teamwork: 0
Honorable Opponent: 0

I really hope this thing isn't measured in honor, because I'm just not getting it. I haven't gone six games without honor since it was implemented.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: December 19, 2012, 09:39:39 pm »

You can also get an Urf icon by gifting a friend a skin. And a Tower-Christmastree by gifting a friend a champ.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: December 20, 2012, 12:17:16 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-timing-changes
Price reductions ho!

And some... interesting price *raises*.

Forum QQ ho!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: December 20, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »

I'll gladly trade away first week IP purchases in exchange for cheaper everything else.

Also on reddit Hippalus said they'll probably speed up price reductions in a year to keep all the price points equal.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: December 20, 2012, 04:25:46 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-timing-changes
Price reductions ho!

And some... interesting price *raises*.

Forum QQ ho!

Guess which guy bought Lee Sin two weeks and 2 days ago...

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: December 21, 2012, 06:36:33 am »

So this is interesting. Might finally stop me from buying shitty champions on release.

Also a funny story which might or might not annoy Sharp - I got Lee Sin for free, basically. I bought him long ago, emailed Riot for a refund - that was before the refund token system. Then much later I bought him again, and refunded him with a token the same day, since he is not that good for Dominion, great fun, but not very effective. Right the same day Riot's refund system broke, if anyone remembers it. This meant Lee's refund hadn't gone through, but I still had the IP from the refund. I emailed Riot support since I didn't know the system was down and it showed I had 0 tokens left, but when they told me what was going on, I asked about my Lee refund, and got told that if he remained available I could keep him. He did :)

Also how's Vi? I just logged in to buy her, but I can't actually play, since my internet is a step below sending smoke signals right now, and I keep reading she's not that great.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: December 21, 2012, 09:25:15 am »

Just went 30/5/11 with Irelia :D think i'm in love.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1067