Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271723 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Preseason 3 Overhaul
« Reply #10620 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:01 am »

I put Spirit Visage and Warmogs on Mundo, and had less health and what felt like much less regen than before.  That 1.5% health regen requires a very large amount of health to actually be better than what Warmog's flat regen amount used to be, or even noticeable at all.  Putting that passive on Warmog's while greatly reducing the amount of health it gives, removing the regrowth pendant (which made building the item early less burdensome), and... didn't they even make it more expensive on top of all that?... that's a massive overall hit to defensive building in general no matter how I look at it.  On top of that:

Attack Damage has generally been made cheaper by roughly 5 to 10%.
Armor and Magic Resistance has generally been made more expensive by roughly 10 to 20%

I felt pathetically squishy, even with full defense masteries, and I didn't even get ignited once.  Didn't even bother trying to play tanky characters or build defensive items after that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: December 13, 2012, 04:48:00 am »

Tanking seems moderately possible on SR, but I'd advise against doing this on Dominion because it's just forcing the enemy pantheon to buy a fourth Black Cleaver so he can gib the entire team in a single E.

But yeah, that was the goal of S3, to negate the defense stacking that took place at the end of S2. Things just got a little... broken. Hopefully in time we'll be arriving at an all-together better position than in the entirety of S2.

Now if only they'd hotfix Black Cleaver and the penetration changes in Dominion...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GYibqQxic4
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: December 13, 2012, 05:04:40 am »

@Sal

Are you just playing Mundo? I think he did suffer a lot more than most champions at the S3 changes.

Also, honestly, defensive stats needed to be nerfed. Look at S2 support and jungle roles. What happens in them? You get gold starved so you get to be a crappy tank. Why are you buying tank items if you're going not going to be that tanky? Because armor and magic resist were the cheapest stats in the game and you'll be a less terrible tank than you would be as a damage dealer.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: December 13, 2012, 05:52:12 am »

I only bothered to try building defense on Mundo.  He is my favorite character and was once my main.  I already felt like the devs were hitting him hard before my hiatus, and now... bleh.

I've always felt like this game favored offense over defense.  Offensive numbers are just so high on ad crits that it takes a proportionally ridiculous amount of defense to really matter beyond mid-game.  That's how the game left me feeling, anyway, even before S3.  Because damage is so high, encounters are almost always decided in about 1.5 seconds, and usually based on who gets the drop on who, unless the person getting dropped on has a really good escape mechanism in reserve.  The lurk & pounce gameplay is just incredibly annoying to me.  It's not a style of thing that I find enjoyable, and I increasingly feel like that's all this game is.  Lurk & pounce.  If you're not doing the pouncing, you're trying to set a target up for your teammate who is.

I liked Mundo because he was one of only a few characters who I felt was able to break out of that a bit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:53:46 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: December 13, 2012, 06:35:21 am »

BAY 12 TEAM UPDATE!

We have 5 people registered so I hope we can try to play today. I will log on at 6PM EST and as soon as we have all 5 people... lets play a game!

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: December 13, 2012, 12:17:45 pm »

I put Spirit Visage and Warmogs on Mundo, and had less health and what felt like much less regen than before.  That 1.5% health regen requires a very large amount of health to actually be better than what Warmog's flat regen amount used to be, or even noticeable at all.  Putting that passive on Warmog's while greatly reducing the amount of health it gives, removing the regrowth pendant (which made building the item early less burdensome), and... didn't they even make it more expensive on top of all that?... :
Warmog's is now about 400 gold cheaper. Going by wikia, it looks like you need about 2000 hp for the new regen to exceed the fully stacked end of season 2 version (30hp/5 vs. 25hp/5).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: December 13, 2012, 12:30:12 pm »

Yeah... I've only ran a mundo once so far, 'gainst bots so far, but between warmogs and... huh. Only thing else I got was Aegis. Anyway, between those two I was pretty casually just walking between turrets, into the enemy team, straight into dudes faces, etc., so forth, so on. I couldn't stay in those places, but I picked up an alacrity'd pair of swiftness boots and just kinda' did whatever. Did feel a bit flimsier, I guess. Just had to adjust to a more 'in and out' kind of pattern.

Had a warmogs on a bankplank in TT and th'dude was kinda' soloing the enemy team :-\ Just bots again, but... still.

Anyway... boot enchants. Are these things, like... worth it? I like slapping alacrity on stuff, 'cause speed is fun. But I'm not sure if it's really "worth" the cost, or if the other enchants might be more bang for the buck.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: December 13, 2012, 12:39:51 pm »

Singed does mundos job, with more slow,  more damage, more speed and about the same tankyness :I

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: December 13, 2012, 01:28:48 pm »

No ranged poke/farm, though :-\

Or heavy AD steroid. Or lack of a mana bar. Mundo has the better CC reduction, too, really. Better sustainability in general. Probably better in the jungle, I'd guess.

Singed would still probably kick Mundo's ass, though. Singed is a bit of a monster, and honestly better for your team in general :(
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: December 13, 2012, 04:32:15 pm »

Losing streak ahoy. Funnily enough, I seem to remember this happening at the start of season 2, also. At which point I decided to take a long break from LoL. Right now, I think that is probably necessary because I am just getting FRUSTRATED.

Also, Jarvan IV is now my go-to jungler. I can't seem to jungle properly with any other character.
Also often called Boowells.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: December 13, 2012, 07:50:15 pm »

BREAKING NEWS!!!

After a flurry of organization and luck, The bay 12 ranked team has had its first outing! We played 3 games(Atleast that I was to witness) 2 Normal draft and 1 ranked as a team.  First a Normal draft with 4 people, me, keresha, webadict, and slapfish dominated for a pretty easy win. I went 1/1/3 as nocturne jungeler, Web went mid as Morgana, and Keresha and slapfish took bot lane as varus and taric. Our second game this time included dalord, and it was a ranked team game. It did not go well. I'll give you the quick version
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yep.

Our 3rd game went slightly better. We won with some hard pushing and aces. Me facing a smart volibear top and ending up going 3/9/12. Mid was DOMINATED by webadict as ryze against fizz, and bot was taken by twitch and nami, played by slapfish and keresha again.

So that ends out first exploits. There are 3(!) slots open and we could certiandly use you in

LEAGUE

OF

CLEAVER

LEGENDS!!!

EDIT: Do you guys think we should have our own thread or should we continue hijacking this one? Discuss
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:53:50 pm by werty892 »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »

I'm having fun playing mid again after I became designated support on my other team. It's just got more control of the game, so when I failed against Karthus in that game, I probably lost the game for us.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: December 13, 2012, 08:43:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm still trying to figure out how we won this one. :|
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: December 13, 2012, 10:21:38 pm »

Ranked teams are intense, dudes. I can manage silver in solo queue but bronze is a struggle in teams because the competition is so much more difficult.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:56 pm »

After today's update, I can no longer play the game. After clicking PLAY, the game gives me this message:
"There was an error connecting with Maestro. League of Legends will now exit. Please try restarting the client."
Restarting the client does not help.
Anyone else have this problem, and know what's up?

EDIT: rebooting my pc fixed the problem. So I guess it needs a reboot after installing the patch.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:03:33 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1067