Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271191 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - End of Season 2
« Reply #10485 on: November 24, 2012, 03:23:21 am »

So you know how Rengar got nerfed a few patches ago, and rightfully so, because he was disgustingly OP and could gib you in one combo and blablabla and now I can't play my favourite assassin ever?

Well anyone playing Dominion might want to know that Kha'Zix is currently at least 13,5  times more disgustingly OP. Want evidence? Uncle Crundles provides :

Note how I have only 4 assists, meaning out of the 32 people I jumped on, only 4 I couldn't kill myself. This is an exceptional game, of course. Mostly I get 15+ kills and a lot more assists, but if you're playing Dominion and feel like assassinating a guy or two, Kha'Zix is an excellent start. And this isn't a scrub game, either - I recently played against MMKH so I'm relatively up there.

Oh yeah, another thing, to maximise assassination as a whole on Dominion, try to be one of two AD carries at most. Any more and people can start itemising against you much more easily, while this way people are punished hard for going armor, and punished even harder for not. Fun times.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: November 24, 2012, 08:15:40 am »

Dominion is a lot more 'small clash'-y than Summoner's rift, though.
Assassins really have more going for them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: November 24, 2012, 11:12:27 am »

Yeah, dominion makes some champions borderline OP. On SR he's still pretty strong but not overpoweredly so, mostly because engagements either take a bit longer or there isn't that much natural cover he can use.

His Q is crazy strong (almost as Rengars Q before) and can easily gib squishies when combined with his ult and passive. But that's his thing really, since he pops like a balloon if any attention is directed at him (unless you're an ass like me and grab GA :> ).

That said, he could use a small nerf to some of his CD's since he can continuously dish out crazy damage if he's left unchecked, and most teams will do that since apparently it's too much of a hassle to refocus him if he ults.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: November 25, 2012, 05:30:50 am »

I played Kha'zixstan in an aram today, and he did pretty awesome too.  Arams always end up in situations where low health characters are just barely out of reach and inevitably walk just into range to toss a skill shot.  That's when you strike  :o  I always evolve his E first, makes for easy "jump in, gank, jump out" moments.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: November 25, 2012, 09:39:34 pm »

I like to evolve his W first so you can abuse the bush in the middle to pokepokepoke.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: November 26, 2012, 03:46:37 am »

Blackfire Torch AP Teemo has to be one of the most unfun creations of the new Twisted Treeline.

Walked into a bush? Suddenly, 1/5 of your health gone. Also, have fun not using the speed shrine ever. And God forbid you try to use any of the jungle entrances. On the upside, you'll never have to face Vilemaw ever without the safety and companionship of the enemy team.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: November 26, 2012, 10:00:14 am »

Half of that has nothing to do with BFT. That's just AP Teemo.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: November 26, 2012, 10:58:37 am »

Half of that has nothing to do with BFT. That's just AP Teemo.
Or Teemo period, to some extent.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: November 26, 2012, 11:50:49 am »

No, it's definitely bft. You guys aren't understanding how bs that shit is.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: November 26, 2012, 11:52:30 am »

Doesn't the wriggles replacement come with de-cloaking dust?
Use that vs ap teemo.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: November 26, 2012, 11:56:04 am »

But that's a rather specialized thing that won't see much usefulness when it's on CD. Isn't there a time limited Oracle's or something on TT?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: November 26, 2012, 12:09:29 pm »

AP Teemo has been in 60% of all Dominion games

And that is entirely because of BFT. Because it activates off everything Teemo does, a single mushroom can and will gladly take half a squishy's HP, not to mention be as annoying as ever. It's why I've completely stopped caring about balance and keep playing Kassadin and Kha'Zix.

Because if there's a single character whose entire purpose is to not let the enemies have fun, it's teemo, and BFT makes him an actual top pick for the smaller maps. AP teemo was the better teemo build ever since they buffed the ratio on his E, but with BFT it's incredibly effective. I can rarely play a game without 2 teemos in it, and I don't think I've had a game without a single teemo since BFT.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: November 26, 2012, 12:26:54 pm »

... anyone know how much damage the BFT proc actually adds to the shrooms? I vaguely remember it being something like either a percent and a half or half a percent (depending on how BFT reacts to the DoT aspect) of max HP per duration tick, plus another two or so seconds (so ~3% or ~1.5%) after the shroom wears off. Six seconds total, I think, maybe seven... which comes out to <10% health. (Note: Mundo's cleavers hit for better than twice that, at 5/5, and higher at 1/5.) Which... yeah, it makes a difference, but I'm not sure if it's a particularly massive one. The shroom's ticks resetting the BFT proc does slightly more than double duration of a single proc... which is halved in damage due to it being proc'd off a DoT, bringing the BFT proc's damage back up to... what you get off of Teemo's Q :-\ A little more, maybe.

AP Teemo shrooms just flat out hurt is the big thing, imo, and they're much nastier on a small, constrained map than they are on something like SR. Plus Teemo's just a pretty decent hero, all around, and particularly so on TT.

What I'd call more likely than BFT being terribly out of line is that everyone's seeing an AP item that synergizes well with Teemo and playing the guy a lot more, and so his natural capability on a small, wardless, map is coming out in full force. People seem to forget that Teemo's always been a bit of a menace :P At least since I've started playing League, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: November 26, 2012, 12:38:26 pm »

I dunno, play draft and ban him :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: November 26, 2012, 12:45:15 pm »

Yeah, Teemo was always reviled on SR and has been one of the overpowered/goto champs since the new TT came out. I don't doubt BFT is making things worse, but I think it's making an already good champ even better more than just being 100% stupid in its own right.

That said, I've never had the pleasure of seeing it in action, so I wouldn't know how much it's helping or hurting specifically.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1067