Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271174 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - End of Season 2
« Reply #10455 on: November 16, 2012, 02:59:15 pm »

That'd definitely bring about an annoying optimization thing where you pop your ult up every time you're back to shop or whatever though, wouldn't it? Even (especially?) without the homeguard thing. At least if you have the tear and your ult.

Though it'd overall bit a bit... silly. Because sitting in your base farming up the tear would be... not being else where, farming up the tear and getting XP. It'd take... nine minutes and some change (187-ish procs with a 3 second CD = 562-ish seconds, or nine and a third or so minutes), I think, to fill the tear if you proc the mana increase every three seconds on the dot. I... I guess if you had to go AFK for a bit you could leave it up?

Is, uh. Is the tear getting filled up a thing that actually happens regularly? Looking at it, that's a lot of casts, really.

Amumu with a lil' mana regen's probably going to like it, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: November 16, 2012, 05:12:12 pm »

I'm just waiting to be pissed off by Nunus with Liandry's Torment.
Also often called Boowells.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »

Bigger question with that item is exactly what "spell damage" means. Because if it's any magic damage at all... I know the blackfire torch had something like that, and it didn't work with, say, Teemo's E, but if L's Torment does... squee. Torment/mallet build, here comes teemo. Maybe.
Ask not!
Ask!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: November 16, 2012, 06:07:46 pm »

I hope the numbers on Nami aren't final, some of those are a bit much CC and damage in a single package, especially for a support :S

Still, she seems very disruptive and fun, might have to buy a support after all (have Soraka, but that was from the OP AP Soraka period).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: November 16, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »

Bigger question with that item is exactly what "spell damage" means. Because if it's any magic damage at all... I know the blackfire torch had something like that, and it didn't work with, say, Teemo's E, but if L's Torment does... squee. Torment/mallet build, here comes teemo. Maybe.

Anything that Spell Vamp works with should work with LT. So no Teemo, unfortunately.

I found Frozen Fist + Liandry's Torment good on Skarner. Double permaslow, plus a significant DoT during it. Probably a little unnecessary since catching someone in your permaslow should mean your team kills them, but definitely a good situational option against tanky men or when you're ahead. Frozen Fist by itself is cool because it gives you one proc from W or E to stick them with the first autoattack before your Q starts slowing.

Also, I think I'm officially retiring Triforce as my favorite item. With the recent nerfs on it, I must turn to the much manlier Frozen Fist. Just say it out loud. It makes you want to punch someone in the face, doesn't it? That's the beauty of it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: November 20, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »

Are the stats as good as a Triforce, regardless of passive?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: November 20, 2012, 09:18:31 pm »

Trinity Force
    Item Cost: 4035
    Recipe Cost: 300
    +30 Attack Damage +30 Ability Power +30% Attack Speed +10% Critical Strike Chance +8% Movement Speed +250 Health +200 Mana
    UNIQUE Passive - Icy: Your basic attacks have a 25% chance to slow your target's Movement Speed by 30% for 2 seconds (20% for ranged.)
    UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 150% of your base Attack Damage (2 second cooldown).

Frozen Fist
    Item Cost: 3400
    Recipe Cost: 640
    +40 Ability Power +500 Mana +60 Armor +15% Cooldown Reduction
    UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.

Basically, FF can permaslow on some champs (Much better buy on Skarner than TF)
TF has better offensive stats, but FF has better defensive stats.
Basically, FF looks to be better in a myriad of ways, including less luck based slows.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: November 20, 2012, 10:31:41 pm »

The best thing. The best of things. Is to ult a teamfight on the other end of the map as Gangplank, and get all the kills. All of them.

I wasn't even trying to do that! I wanted the assists! And to help, of course. But no, RNB says, "Have some extra gold, broplank." And so I got some extra gold. Not that I needed it >_>

Still. GP's pretty nice. Solid. Dependable. Useful to have around. And rich. Good things. E:Also breeds an incredible compulsion to shoot anything low on health with the Q. Reflexive kill steals are a terrible thing :-\
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:51:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: November 20, 2012, 11:44:59 pm »

So, after reviewing some new items, and some testing, and some actual games, I've discovered, much to my horror, that BFT and to a lesser extent Liandry's are utter terrors. They proc on DoTs. Every time. Teemo and Singed rape many, many faces with them. People who play Dominion and TT probably already found out that BFT is utter bullshit, because *everybody* takes it in TT. Liandry's is worse.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: November 21, 2012, 12:02:10 am »

BFT in TT in the current game definitely doesn't proc off Teemo's E. I checked repeatedly, because that would have been greeaaaat, eeheeeheehee. Now, it does proc off the Q, and the shrooms, and goddamn is Teemo a nightmare with shrooms that hack off a chunk of your max HP on top of everything else. But yeah, it procs off DoTs and AoE effects; supposedly something about it is halved when it does that (I think the tooltip may actually say duration, which is bonkers, so it's probably the percentile amount.), but that hardly bloody matters when every spell you throw out hacks off another additional 2.5-5% of their max HP.

It's pretty great! I wouldn't really consider Teemo or Singed the best target for it (Ziggs might be interesting! Anything with a nice chunk of long range/low CD or large AoE spell damage, really), but it certainly makes an already annoying champion even moreso.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:04:08 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:45 am »

BFT in TT in the current game definitely doesn't proc off Teemo's E. I checked repeatedly, because that would have been greeaaaat, eeheeeheehee. Now, it does proc off the Q, and the shrooms, and goddamn is Teemo a nightmare with shrooms that hack off a chunk of your max HP on top of everything else. But yeah, it procs off DoTs and AoE effects; supposedly something about it is halved when it does that (I think the tooltip may actually say duration, which is bonkers, so it's probably the percentile amount.), but that hardly bloody matters when every spell you throw out hacks off another additional 2.5-5% of their max HP.

It's pretty great! I wouldn't really consider Teemo or Singed the best target for it (Ziggs might be interesting! Anything with a nice chunk of long range/low CD or large AoE spell damage, really), but it certainly makes an already annoying champion even moreso.
Karthus?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: November 21, 2012, 12:27:13 am »

Like Karthus, yes. At least if you can land those damned dot (note, not DoT... until you apply the BFT, anyway) mine things. Which I seem categorically incapable of doing but anyway!

Anything that can poke with spells, really, just gets made worse. I mean, technically everything that the bloody item works off of gets made worse, but stuff that you're already using for poke/harass/etc. just becomes that, moreso. BFT's a fun little item, yo'.
Ask not!
Ask!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: November 21, 2012, 12:56:09 am »

Like Karthus, yes. At least if you can land those damned dot (note, not DoT... until you apply the BFT, anyway) mine things. Which I seem categorically incapable of doing but anyway!

Anything that can poke with spells, really, just gets made worse. I mean, technically everything that the bloody item works off of gets made worse, but stuff that you're already using for poke/harass/etc. just becomes that, moreso. BFT's a fun little item, yo'.
He has a large AoE DoT, I mean. How much more powerful does that make him?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: November 21, 2012, 02:05:15 am »

BFT isn't fun. It's downright abusive. It's a massive misstep for itemization to take. It's especially abusive on Singed and Teemo because of the way it interacts with DoTs like theirs. Each and every tick procs BFT individually, meaning getting hit even once can shave off 10% of your hp.
Singed's Trail is horrific with it, because as long as you're in his poison, he's shaving off massive amounts of your hp each second.
Teemo's *Shrooms* are even more abusive, because he can completely block off health packets or important map objectives with it.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: November 21, 2012, 02:09:54 am »

BFT isn't fun. It's downright abusive. It's a massive misstep for itemization to take. It's especially abusive on Singed and Teemo because of the way it interacts with DoTs like theirs. Each and every tick procs BFT individually, meaning getting hit even once can shave off 10% of your hp.
Singed's Trail is horrific with it, because as long as you're in his poison, he's shaving off massive amounts of your hp each second.
Teemo's *Shrooms* are even more abusive, because he can completely block off health packets or important map objectives with it.

Fiddlesticks has fun with BFT. An additional 25% of your max health from just drain? Don't mind if I do.
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1067