Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270817 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10305 on: October 27, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »

Frumple, the thing is Dominion doesn't care about numbers. The only thing they're good at, is allowing bad players excuses, since it's possible that the worst player has highest score. Points - the rightmost yellow points players are ranked by, are gained by capturing and holding areas on the map, and I personally almost always let my teammates capture as I move to another objective, or to gank, or anything, which results in me having less points. It's really unlike SR, since turnarounds are easier if teams get organised. And yeah, 5 revives are pretty much mandatory in higher elo games, unless people are really good and know how to heal/ignite. Flash is absolutely useless, for example. And yeah, Dominion games end when your Nexus's health is reduced to 0 - the red and green numbers top. Health starts at 500 and starts dropping when the enemies are holding more points on the map than you.

We lost because suddenly my team started forcing engages in the jungle, one-man-armying and all-around retarding. It was mildly hilarious because I was sure we were winning this one and suddenly... we weren't. And every single game I lost in that six-game streak was like this. I had best score, did all I could, and losses kept piling on.

And Cthulhu, I play Dominion because it's more action-y and pvp-y. I should probably try the new 3v3, but I'm kind of tired of pve. Also my pc lags on SR, so there's that too. And yes, it's even sadder because I'm quite sure I'm above 1900 Elo right now and people are STILL completely ignorant of anything except chasing. Got a good 5win streak and BOOM - another game back in retardland. Going to stop now, since it's 3:30 a.m. and because I'm completely exhausted.

If anyone is just starting Dominion, my advice is, make sure every team has a Jax, a Kass, a Malphite/Blitzcrank, an Ezreal, and a Malzahar/Yorick bot, in this order. I'm pretty sure Jax bot also will wreck every low-elo game, because he crushes 1v1 and then roams off to kill the entire enemy team. This is the worst part about Dominion, since there are champions which are more or less broken. Oh well, I'm pretty sure Dominion is also getting looked at, and maybe we'll get a Twisted Treeline-like remake.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:32:42 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: October 27, 2012, 08:07:36 pm »

Talking of Dominion, the monthly tournament is being streamed right now:
http://www.twitch.tv/dominatedominion

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: October 27, 2012, 10:49:09 pm »

First day back after a month or so of not playing League of Legends.

I decided to play the new Twisted Treeline. Enemy team is Jax, Darius, and Varus. I sighed and went Cho'Gath bot with Pantheon against the Darius and Varus while Rengar took top lane against Jax.

We won extremely hard, somehow. We didn't even get around to killing Vilemaw. Pantheon and I first blooded Varus and then we snowballed our lane from there. I guess Rengar must be really strong still because our Rengar top was extremely derpy at some points, yet still held his own against Jax.

I hear this is one reason why "Smurf" accounts are becoming more popular.

Because the level 30 match system is dreadful.

The level 30 match system is fine for me. I get well-balanced games. I win some, lose some. I don't consider myself in Elo hell by any stretch of the word, but I do some derpy stuff sometimes. I only really had a serious problem with the level 30 match system when I just reached level 30 because I went on a huge losing streak.

It's just a hypothesis, but I believe... since I was winning most of my pre-30 games with a consistent Ryze mid, that when I reached level 30 and was no longer being placed according with my level, I rubberbanded past my actual Elo.
Also often called Boowells.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10308 on: October 27, 2012, 11:10:43 pm »

I have figured out the honor system, or more specifically how I will deal with it. For my own team if they worked well in game they get teamwork, if they gave advise then helpful, and if they where friendly in game or gged reasonably soon after the end they get friendly. For the opponents if they where noticeably good or gged reasonably soon after the end they get honorable opponent(I wish there was more than just that). For all the people if they where jerks in chat or request honor they don't get any, especially that last one.

Spoiler: Edit for RANT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:09:44 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: October 28, 2012, 02:06:12 am »

I don't give out honor points unless they show above average behavior. I also don't like how you can just spam custom games and upvote each other. So much for an honor system.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: October 28, 2012, 04:41:18 am »

I don't give out honor points unless they show above average behavior. I also don't like how you can just spam custom games and upvote each other. So much for an honor system.
It's better to nag for them during a game. The ones in premades and customs are worth one 100th of a Solo one, and I'm not so sure you can get honour points during customs.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: October 28, 2012, 08:09:08 am »

AD Nunu is ok as top or jungle, but horrible bot lane, you will get zoned out as your snowballs do low damage and you will have a hard time snowballing yourself to be effective. I would rather go AP Nunu bot lane and destroy them with snowballs while consuming a minion for super sustain.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: October 28, 2012, 09:04:16 am »

Honour points are valued differently - if you and your friends make a custom game and all honour eachother it is worth much much less than if some stranger honours you in solo q. 

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10313 on: October 28, 2012, 11:41:03 am »

AD Nunu is ok as top or jungle, but horrible bot lane, you will get zoned out as your snowballs do low damage and you will have a hard time snowballing yourself to be effective. I would rather go AP Nunu bot lane and destroy them with snowballs while consuming a minion for super sustain.
   I know but once we got in game two people just went top lane. I know at my level its not like I have specific Rune pages or enough masteries to matter much if I have one over another but I had been trying to play my AD Nunu for a couple of games already. Also the bot lane was not that bad, it might have been if everyone knew what they where doing but that did not really work out for them. The biggest thing in the end wasn't the opponents but the fact that I was duo laning with someone so I got less gold then I really needed. If I had went jungle I would have been fine as I could have just started with Consume and then just have gone through the jungle with decent speed. I actually had found an interesting jungle route for Nunu as well so it would have been neat to try.

Edit: just noticed I had LOLReplay running during the game so I am going to go check that and see if I was just blinding myself or the game really went how I felt it did.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:35:58 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: October 28, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »

I should use LoL Replay, had a great moment today which was like this but I was Amumu and latched onto an low health Orianna I was chasing to kill and get mah blue buff, was hilarious.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: October 28, 2012, 06:14:17 pm »

You can't honor during customs.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:10 pm »

It's actually pretty well protected. Lyte and the PB&J team spent the majority of the time trying to find a way to avoid abuse.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10317 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:43 pm »

The fact that there are people having to ask for honor means that there is not some easy way to get honor because if you could just make a custom game and do it then you would end up with a lot of games for it just like TF2 ended up with a lot of idle servers when hats first came out.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: October 28, 2012, 08:19:19 pm »

You don't have to ask for honor though. If your team considers your worth honoring, they will, ditto for your enemies. I've already gotten an honorable opponent ribbon, and I'm about 5 or so teamwork honor away from that if the threshold is the same for all of a given person's ribbons.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10319 on: October 28, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »

You don't have to ask for honor though. If your team considers your worth honoring, they will, ditto for your enemies. I've already gotten an honorable opponent ribbon, and I'm about 5 or so teamwork honor away from that if the threshold is the same for all of a given person's ribbons.
   Yes if people think what you did is worth the honor then they will give it and if you play enough games you will get your ribbon or whatever. The point here is not that if your basically not a dick you will get it quickly but that some people want to just have it irrespective of whether they deserve it or not. Its the same thing as what was up with TF2 hats, you would get them but some people wanted them without any work.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1067