Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270413 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10095 on: October 03, 2012, 07:27:51 am »

Frumple, the secret to Xin is to.go mid. That's all you need to know.
And again it seems like I have to call out sharp. Let me start by saying Sion is in aterrible place right now. He has the same issue as Yi. There's no one good way to build him. AP wastes the big effect (65! AD) of his E and his insane R, and AD is reliant on not getting raped early and gets no damage from his q and w.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: October 03, 2012, 07:29:41 am »

Is anyone else wonderring who the hell Malef is?

Maephas probably... That guy who summons a unit every 3 skill use.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: October 03, 2012, 07:42:52 am »

Is anyone else wonderring who the hell Malef is?

Maephas probably... That guy who summons a unit every 3 skill use.
Umm.... Malzahar?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:54 am »

Frumple, the secret to Xin is to.go mid. That's all you need to know.
And again it seems like I have to call out sharp. Let me start by saying Sion is in aterrible place right now. He has the same issue as Yi. There's no one good way to build him. AP wastes the big effect (65! AD) of his E and his insane R, and AD is reliant on not getting raped early and gets no damage from his q and w.

Lol wut. AD Sion has insane survivability, his lack of dash is made up with the ranged stun and shield and then with ulti and E he does shit tons of damage without having to really build AD items. The problem is a lot of AD Sion players think they have Yi or Trynd and just try and build up AD/AS where Sion already had AD/AS coming out of the butt with his ulti+E, build a Frozen Mallet onto Sion and enemies die. His passive ruins autoattack champs which makes him one of the deadliest level 2 gankers.

Then if you look at AP Sion he has insane ratios for his abilities and pretty high base damage on abilities as well. Building him AP in no way at all wastes his E and R because E already gives lots of AD bonus and R gives 50% AS, then factor in his super tanky shield (even Karma's shield which is similar is worse then this) and he is practically invincible.

Either way just give Sion some tenacity and health tankiness and he crushes all enemies.

Once again frostshot you make some ridiculous argument. No good way to build him, what a joke.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: October 03, 2012, 09:11:59 am »

His passive ruins autoattack champs

Maybe I'm just behind the times, but...

Also, Neonivek, you gotta use the actual names of the champs man. 

I'm thinking about learning Draven, because League of Draven.  Is he in a good place right now?  He seems kind of weird mechanics-wise, but I'm okay with that.
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: October 03, 2012, 09:27:33 am »

Can someone else deal with Sharp this time? I don't have access to a real keyboard right now.

Squid, Draven is interesting. He hurts like a goddamn fucker early in, he doesn't have a great escape though. Go for it if he looks fun. Aphromoo is pretty much the pro to watch if you want to see Draven play. The general consensus is that Draven's at the lower middle of the AD spectrum, but that's because Graves, Corki, and Ezreal are op as fuck right now.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: October 03, 2012, 10:49:16 am »

I can't take anything seriously from the guy who recommended rushing Lich Bane with Cho'gath.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: October 03, 2012, 12:18:37 pm »

I don't think sions passive is all that great against AD champions.
As far i can tell it's best at preventing poke damage at laning.

Then again i only played him once or twice during his free week ages ago so i'm not claiming to be an expert.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: October 03, 2012, 12:39:02 pm »

From what I've seen Sion's passive isn't really good against anything.

Sion's kind of a shitty champ, design-wise.  Like frostshot said, you can build him AP, making him a bursty champ with two basically useless abilities; or you can build him AD, making him a borderline hypercarry with two sort of useful abilities.  Compare him to Jax, another champ who can focus AP or AD to varying degrees (The degrees are another big thing.  Sion's binary).  AP Jax hits like a truck and resists a lot of magic damage, AD Jax also hits like a truck and laughs at autoattackers.  There's real depth to Jax's customization, and no matter what it always feels like Jax.  Sion is basically two lame champs in one, and both are pretty easily countered.  Banshee's veil takes a big chunk out of AP Sion's damage, and AD Sion is 100% dependent on autoattacking.  If you blind/stun/etc. he dies.

Even if Sion wins games, I remember AP Sion was fotm for a while, it doesn't change the fact that he has an incoherent kit that doesn't really fit his aesthetics, and extremely binary all-or-nothing customization.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:10:45 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: October 03, 2012, 02:07:56 pm »

I could see Sion as a tanky front line-type character rather than a carry (trinity force, atma's, mallet and a few defence items). He can peel assassins off the carries with his hard cc - also his ult will be more effective if he's not the focus of enemy attention - he's less likely to be kited if he's going toe to toe with other front liners, rather than diving on to the enemy carries.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: October 03, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »

AD Sion is more feast or famine than Master Yi, and that's saying something. He has no gap closer and no way to bypass CC. His CC can allow him to close the gap or let him stick to someone, but he has to choose.

I'd like it if Sion got a new passive. I think that'd be the safest thing to rework on him since it's not really core to either his AP or AD build and they could round off his whole kit decently if they were smart about it.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: October 03, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »

I don't think sions passive is all that great against AD champions.

It depends on the champ, vs Trynd it's hilarious, vs Riven it's practically useless, which is why I said autoattack champs.

Yeah Banshee's Veil does poop in Sion's AP Cereal but you can argue that for most champs with ability nukes, and for the damage and CC it does it's got a nice cooldown, it does more damage then Taric's stun with a shorter cooldown, although shorter distance.

The thing about AD Sion is that he naturally deals lots of damage with his E so you want to build him tanky. Get that Merc Treads and Frozen Mallet and then you should be able to shut down champs easily, can also go 21 in Defense Mastery to get speed and CC reduction.

AP Sion you don't need to build tanky (but Banshee's/RoA/Frozen Heart helps), just keep stacking that AP and kill a few creep waves with E on for health increase and use super powerful shield for defending and attacking. I don't think any other champ has a shield with such good ratio's, Karma comes close but still not enough.

You can go AP Sion support bot lane for that extra tanky factor to screw with the opposing ad carry, and then just dive everywhere with ulti. Get your AD carry red buff and just heal everything.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: October 03, 2012, 07:23:00 pm »

Twisted Fate Visual Upgrade

We're losing all our old pyramid-footed champions. Also his dance is Gangam Style.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: October 03, 2012, 07:27:39 pm »

Also his dance is Gangam Style.
Oh no. :P

Also, recently had an intense match with Veigar. Apparently I've been doing it wrong, because I'm not sure I've ever gotten to nearly 200 Q AP in a legitimate match before.

Also I still went OOM at all times, even late game when everyone was teamfighting. Beginning to think RoA isn't optional or something. o_O
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: October 03, 2012, 08:27:13 pm »

While we're on the subject of Sion, here's a half-assed remake idea:

Passive:  Cannibalism
Sion permanently gains X health on champion kills and assists.

Q:  Zombie Assault
Sion progressively gains movespeed and attack damage for several seconds or until he hits an enemy, stunning them.

W:  Regeneration
Sion's health regeneration is increased temporarily.  Killing enemies increases the duration up to whatever limit.

E:   Enrage
Sion gains increased attack damage.  A toggle, costs health per second while active.

R:  Death's Caress
Sion absorbs a percentage of damage over time.  When the time limit is up or the damage absorbed reaches a certain threshold, the shield detonates, doing ult-worthy damage to everyone in range.

Just a quickly thrown together idea.  No more AP Sion, and no more hypercarry, but his kit's a bit more coherent and still feels like Sion.  Also natural jangler.  I'm thinking maybe E could be a thing where there's different benefits depending on how it's toggled.  Maybe Juggernaut/Berserker, switching between defensive and offensive benefits.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1067