Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270374 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10065 on: October 01, 2012, 06:00:55 pm »

Riot had to retroactively change Diana's skin because it looked exactly like Syndra, dude :) But yeah, I get what you mean. I'm really enjoying Rengar right now, and noone can deny Draven is one of the most stylish champions released. Riot needs to fix their powercurves and mobility creep, though. At least Rengar has limitations on his jump, but Kha'Zix is insane, especially with all the assists on Dominion.

In other news god damn you have to try Rengar on Dominion. Prospectors + boots -> defense boots + necklace -> phage -> sanguine blade -> trinity -> defense. Try to skirt the edges of fights unless you have a clear path to the squishy, go in, gib them, slow them, run away. I see a lot of people underestimating Rengar's potential burst, and that has costed a lot of deaths. I had a Kha'Zix jump on me with full hp, when I had about 400 health left - I exhausted him and gibbed him about half-way through the exhaust because I had 5 ferocity.

The jungle provides for excellent jukes and assassinations. Hide in the brush above stormshield, wait for the enemies to train top in a single file if your team owns it, jump on the last guy, gib, run to bot, gib, laugh maniacally. My last 4 wins I've had >20 kills. You have to be careful early on, though, because you can be kited and are relatively squishy.

I max bola strike first because I like the slow and the poke is useful for the fight top and for finishing off runners, then Q. Don't be afraid to use the ult defensively, because that defense very quickly turns into offense past mid-game because surely at least one of their team is going to be low and trying to run away from the fight - kaboom. Also don't forget to gank bot, especially when you see a fight brewing there, because a lot of times the enemy bot will just rush your bot when he kills your guy, leaving him deliciously exposed.

Man I love Rengar. He fits my playstyle so well. I'm not sure about the taking of too many kills, though. It starves people. Occassionally it makes no difference, because I often get triple kills, but other times it visibly hurts my team. Rengar doesn't really need a ton of items, I'm sure sanguine + sheen is enough, so if you have a lot of other assassins or a carry you might want to let them have some kills. On the other hand killing everything that moves is really fun.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:06:23 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: October 01, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »

If you're not playing ranked then you gotta carry.  That means taking every kill.  All of them.  Fuck your team.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: October 01, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »

All I know is that I suck at this game I suck so bad.

I play mages and can't get kills.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39:53 pm »

Meh, kills are overrated. Get a gp/10 or two and focus in on that pushin' and assistin'. So long as you're still doing damage and you're doing enough to enable someone to gank a foo, you're doing fine. K/D is of secondary relevance. What's of primary importance is that D/A. If your team has more assists, you're ahead in gold even if the kill and creep score's dead even and each team has the same amount of gp items bought at the same time.

If you're not playing ranked then you gotta carry.  That means taking every kill.  All of them.  Fuck your team.
True carry does 30x the damage of the rest of their team combined and goes 0/0/50 :P

I'll admit I'm still pretty terrible, though. Haven't quite got avoiding that last hit down, yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: October 01, 2012, 09:53:35 pm »

Depends on what mages you play. Some of them are great killers. Some of them are great farmers. Most of the time, it's personal choice.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: October 02, 2012, 12:27:33 am »

I don't know, I've had good luck playing kill-less support before. Mind you, I've also had to do all the work myself because our Ashe was just that awful, but it probably works out more often than not.

Speaking of which, here's an interesting question- is there some sort of hierarchy for how important some roles are? Like, if your team already has three assassins, is there a right and wrong answer for what you should go?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: October 02, 2012, 12:38:31 am »

Depends on what mages you play. Some of them are great killers. Some of them are great farmers. Most of the time, it's personal choice.

I was playing the one who looks like a Final Fantasy black Mage

1 kill but that was an assist.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: October 02, 2012, 01:00:02 am »

... well, veigar can push. A bit. What the dude's really good at is as an anti-mage assassin; go in, pop your ult and q on an enemy mage (someone with lots of ability power), watch them melt. Then... then probably drop your e and run away.

Dude's got a bit of a skill barrier, though, as you need to be last hitting with his q talent constantly to really get the most out of him and landing his lil' meteor thing on moving targets takes some practice. Oodles and oodles of damage once he gets running, but for someone starting out playing the game, possibly not the friendliest burst mage. Especially considering the dude's pretty squishy.

Liked 'im when he was free, m'self, but I was pretty terrible with the guy. Mind you, pretty terrible with most things! Still. Point stands.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: October 02, 2012, 01:14:31 am »

Veigar can be fun if you farm his AP like mad but i'd use Ryze or Annie over him if i wanted a mage. In matchmaker people seem to use ADs far more often than mages anyway.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: October 02, 2012, 01:15:35 am »

I'm sorry, but you're part of the shitty community if you're that myopic.

Hey dude that's uncalled for. Considering the LoL community that's a pretty grave insult.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:17:10 am by Jelle »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: October 02, 2012, 01:16:18 am »

landing his lil' meteor thing on moving targets takes some practice

On the contrary I couldn't miss with that thing. To the point where I considered just not getting his Q ability since I could never kill anyone with him... even mages.

It is what I notice about every mage I play... They just don't do damage.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:20:24 am by Neonivek »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: October 02, 2012, 01:28:29 am »

landing his lil' meteor thing on moving targets takes some practice

On the contrary I couldn't miss with that thing. To the point where I considered just not getting his Q ability since I could never kill anyone with him... even mages.

It is what I notice about every mage I play... They just don't do damage.

His Q is essential to his lategame. You have to kill as many creeps with is as possible... unless they changed him since i last played.
Every creep kill with it gives you 1 AP and every champion kill a whooping 5 and by endgame you should have at least 100 AP just because of his ability to gather AP by killing things.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: October 02, 2012, 01:29:22 am »

Yeh need to build for AP and magic resist penetration then, probably. Though it does depend a bit on which AP-scaling critter you're using. The burst casters in LoL are well known for dropping things in one combo once they get rolling... sometimes earlier. They tend to be pretty painful, with a hefty chunk of up-front damage.

Veigar in particular is a tiny little burst damage monster if you've been keeping the Q farm up. The more minions he's killed with that thing, the more damage all his damaging talents do.
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: October 02, 2012, 01:31:19 am »

I thought he doesn't get a Q farm... because it only counts for hero kills.

Because if the whole time I could Q Farm minions... it would have probably have helped.

Anyhow from what I remember they changed his Q game from what you said anyhow.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:35:45 am by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: October 02, 2012, 01:37:47 am »

Nah... it's got two components. The passive, which gives AP when you kill a champion with anything, and the active, which gives you one point when you kill anything with the q. The two AP boosts can stack, so if you kill a champion with a maxed q, you'd get six AP out of it, if you killed them with your ult, you'd get five if q was maxed, and you get one point of AP from killing minions with the q regardless.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:40:45 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1067