Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270304 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10050 on: September 30, 2012, 10:29:19 pm »

It's even sillier for me because now I get to buy back Rengar and refund Cassiopeia, because she is a ton of fun, but just isn't as good as Diana (which I bought with the Rengar moneys) on Dominion, and I'm back on square one, only minus 2 refunds. Oh well, life is a struggle. Maybe I won't refund Cass, because I'm not sure I'll be getting the next champion and I have 9800 IP now anyways, should be able to save.

Though please take the chance to mock my stupid ass as much as you want :|

edit : Well the good part is Rengar feels a lot more responsive now, if only I could get a pc built sometime after the Crusades and I could play him to his full potential!

The sad part is I keep wishing I was on the enemy team, especially when our Lux starts the game with "I troll !?!?" and follows up with "I die I leave lol". Amazingly she did not, in fact leave, which might have actually contributed to our loss.

I would suggest not refunding Cass.  Really, if you only have three total refunds, why would you refund something for IP?   It's not a huge loss, having a champ is better than not having a champ, even if you don't like him, and to top it all off, like her or not Cass kicks all different kinds of ass.  I don't know what Diana is, but unless things have seriously changed, Cass is still up there with Malzahar for highest single-target DPS on a mage, and with Urgot nerfed she's queen of making people ragequit in lane.
Shoes...

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: October 01, 2012, 01:16:40 am »

I would suggest not refunding Cass.  Really, if you only have three total refunds, why would you refund something for IP?   It's not a huge loss, having a champ is better than not having a champ, even if you don't like him, and to top it all off, like her or not Cass kicks all different kinds of ass.  I don't know what Diana is, but unless things have seriously changed, Cass is still up there with Malzahar for highest single-target DPS on a mage, and with Urgot nerfed she's queen of making people ragequit in lane.

Yeah, I haven't refunded her yet. And what Diana is, is nothing short of amazing. AP assassins are a lot more fun than escapeless casters on Dominion, believe you me.

Also I finally figured the main difference between Rengar and Kha'Zix. Rengar is the dude that jumps at you and twoshoots you. Kha'zix is the guy that jumps out at you when you're at half hp, oneshoots you, then jumps on to finish off your team. I had a game last night where I was Rengar and the current Kha'Zix beat me with 3 kills while I only had 5 assists on him. Was so much fun.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: October 01, 2012, 02:51:52 am »

A blitzkrank and alister in the same team makes thtb cry : I

I found Rengar to be more dangerous, but this may only be because of his op ult & that people know how to play him.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: October 01, 2012, 03:04:47 am »

For those of you wondering about Kha'Zix and Rengar, here's a 1800 elo Dominion game I played which had me as Rengar and two Kha'Zixes on both teams. One of them might not have been very good.

Spoiler: RENGAR KILLS PEOPLES (click to show/hide)

Rengar and Kha'Zix together are so much fun. Just jump in and gib peoples. Also I still can't get the hang of Rengar's double Q. There's just too much of a delay to do it effectively. Maybe it's my horrible pc and internet, though. Also playing on the NA servers isn't the brightest idea when you're in Bulgaria :(

VVV I only play Dominion, dude. Double W has minimal use outside of possibly bot lane, since you're expected to back and heal after pretty much every engage, and it's much more beneficial to explode an enemy with an empowered Q. Other than that I max Q second, since I really like the slow on his E.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:46:40 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: October 01, 2012, 06:50:08 am »

If you are double q as rengar you are wrong. Max q last, always. WW is what you'll be using most of the time, but sometimes you need the snare from e. No reason for q though, except maybe for raping towers in SR.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: October 01, 2012, 02:25:17 pm »

If you are double q as rengar you are wrong.

Have you played Rengar in dominion? If you leave space for an auto-attack between his qs you can gib squishies hilariously fast.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: October 01, 2012, 02:31:00 pm »

If you are double q as rengar you are wrong. Max q last, always. WW is what you'll be using most of the time, but sometimes you need the snare from e. No reason for q though, except maybe for raping towers in SR.

I highly disagree. QQ is what you do for damage. WW is more if you need sustain.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: October 01, 2012, 02:33:26 pm »

Okay, it's settled.  I'm coming back to league.  If champs like Syndra and Kha'zix are going to be the norm from now on, that's a game I can get behind.
Shoes...

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: October 01, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

Okay, it's settled.  I'm coming back to league.  If champs like Syndra and Kha'zix are going to be the norm from now on, that's a game I can get behind.

I sure hope not, because both champions you listed are bad :D Syndra is all-out terrible, and Kha'Zix is fun but average. Well at least he looks fun, I haven't tried him. I think he's average since I've been watching Gman Bob play him on SR for three days and unless he's smurfing, he ends up fed but no more than any good top lane would. I've also never been squashed by one the way I've been by Jayces and Rengars on Dominion.

I want more champions like Draven :( Draven got style AND is awesome if played well - refer to Aphromoo.

edit : Also Kha'Zix does a lot of kilograms of damage to isolated targets, but it's really easy to avoid that, effectively reducing his effectiveness as an assassin a lot.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:37:27 pm by Graven »

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:47 pm »

The honour system is live - you can now give players a gold star for good behaviour.  "Friendly", "helpful" and "teamwork" are the 3 mutually exclusive options.
Syndra is all-out terrible
She's fun though, she does interesting stuff. My limited experience - I can hold my own with her against intermediate bots on Dominion, so for me she's not unplayably weak. Her downfall in ranked games is probably due to being a short range, squishy AP that lacks a jump. If one of her skills let her swap places with a dark sphere (seems thematic), hey presto she can wall-jump and would become viable overnight, at the cost of a little more mobility creep.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: October 01, 2012, 04:26:45 pm »

What I've seen people who are higher rating than me and actually play SR complain about are generally the following things

- her range is low, and her second nuke is incredibly telegraphed. I've witnessed this myself - if I'm paying attention there's no way Syndra's throwing her balls at me, too easy to dodge.
- her combo is way too involved for way too little pay-off. You need 3 balls out in order to really burst someone and that's a lot of preparation, especially considering her scaling is not that good and she tends to build CDR.

All in all people are saying the effort needed to play her well doesn't pay off, since her damage is low and her cc is hard to hit.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: October 01, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »

Well it seems the draft requirements changed and now require you to have 16 (was it?) champions owned rather then previously just available.
This means I can no longer play custom draft games with friends unless I buy a ton of rp or start farming ip like a no lifer to actually play draft. That does it for me.
So goodbye LoL, shan't miss your horrid lose all faith in humanity community and wonky moderation system. If only the gameplay wasn't so good I could propperly leave in disgust.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: October 01, 2012, 05:37:15 pm »

I meant just concept-wise.  She's unique.  She isn't another cookie cutter champ, and Kha'zix is pretty unique too.  It feels like they've finally figured out that people dont' want the same exact champ over and over again.
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: October 01, 2012, 05:44:02 pm »

Well it seems the draft requirements changed and now require you to have 16 (was it?) champions owned rather then previously just available.
This means I can no longer play custom draft games with friends unless I buy a ton of rp or start farming ip like a no lifer to actually play draft. That does it for me.
So goodbye LoL, shan't miss your horrid lose all faith in humanity community and wonky moderation system. If only the gameplay wasn't so good I could propperly leave in disgust.
Wow....

That's your excuse for leaving? Of all the reasons to quit LoL, your reason to quit is *not having 16 champs*? That's.... Nothing. There are something like 15 450 IP champs. That's really not much. I'm sorry, but you're part of the shitty community if you're that myopic.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:06 pm »

Yeaaah... I'm currently level seventeen. I just counted, and I've got 12 critters owned, not just available. And I've still not unlocked four of the 450 ip ones. So. It's... not that big of a deal, I don't think.

Mind you, I'm not sure why it's there at all (especially for custom draft!), but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1067