Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270282 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - World Finals Hotfix - 1.0.0.147
« Reply #10020 on: September 25, 2012, 07:07:59 am »

Hidden passives OP?
LoL Secrets: Rengar vs. Kha'zix Rivalry Interactions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: September 25, 2012, 07:42:07 am »

Wow, that's pretty awesome, I like the direction they're heading in, because for the first time a backstory has gameplay effects. If they do stuff like this more awesome it will probably make the game a bit more complicated and harder to balance, but it will also be much more varied and fun, especially if they do this stuff for different champions, like say having this sort of thing but it giving a different effect/bonus depending on the hero type you kill, or heck the hero itself.

Even more excited for Kha'Zhix now :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: September 25, 2012, 08:45:26 am »

Better yet, the forums were all like "QQ omba hidden passive op" and Morello was like "screw you guys, we like this"

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: September 25, 2012, 09:01:17 am »

And rightly so, because screw people who are against the first truly unique and interesting mechanic in LoL in a long time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05:46 am »

That's pretty nifty. I'd always hoped that Miss Fortune's "Pirate Hunter" passive would give her some kind of bonus against Gangplank. Or that Shen, Akali and Kennen's "This unit is a flippin' Ninja." passive would have some kind of in-game effect vs. other characters (we don't really have any samurai though....)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:29 am »

And rightly so, because screw people who are against the first truly unique and interesting mechanic in LoL in a long time.
Well, gotta find a way to make Rengar and Kha'Zix unique somehow.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: September 25, 2012, 09:27:11 am »

That's pretty nifty. I'd always hoped that Miss Fortune's "Pirate Hunter" passive would give her some kind of bonus against Gangplank. Or that Shen, Akali and Kennen's "This unit is a flippin' Ninja." passive would have some kind of in-game effect vs. other characters (we don't really have any samurai though....)

The ninjas actually do have a hidden passive.  If there's two of them on a team, they each have -1 health, and if all three are there they have -2 health, per the law of inverse ninja strength.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: September 25, 2012, 06:49:24 pm »

For anyone interested: Area of Defect, three time songs of the summoned winners, have released their second album.

I bring you Soon (tm). My favorites are 6v4, Tell No Tales, and Dead Men Walking.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: September 25, 2012, 07:24:18 pm »

I wonder if they start implementing such "passives" for older champions since there is a TON of champions with a grudge already.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: September 26, 2012, 02:18:06 am »

So... this is why I rave on and on about Moscow 5. It's a 2-minute clip. Watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d98Ml40CUYE

Watch it and tell me M5 aren't the best at rotating who takes damage in teamfights, maximising the damage output and minimising the input.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: September 26, 2012, 03:18:20 am »

Yay m5

Not to denie that they are good, but both teams made some stupid moves there (looking at you mf) and its the typical, high elo dance of no one wanting to commit.

On the topic of elo, I'm so tired of people going "omg, eve, lee-sin, akli the best" while thats only a fact at low elo/skill level.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: September 26, 2012, 08:51:43 am »

"Great Play By Moscow5 - Sh..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Turtle Entertainment GmbH.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: September 26, 2012, 09:48:03 am »

Teemo is such a fun bastard to play. And by "fun bastard", I mean "will killsteal your whole team without even trying".

High attack speed + DoT on every shot + Ignite = last hit nirvana

Amazingly, nobody complained in that last match.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: September 26, 2012, 10:08:45 am »

"Great Play By Moscow5 - Sh..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Turtle Entertainment GmbH.

Well this is unfortunate... Here, at ~2:42:00 beware though, because the commenters shout a bit loudly.
http://us.esl.tv/video/a0950a3d0832a02f/

M5 get 7 kills in exchange for one which could've been avoided.

edit : Heavens save me I want to set whoever is commenting this game on fire. This is embarrassing.

edit : no, they don't actually rewind the whole thing, watch it from 2:42:00 - sorry :D - it's kind of short, though, so you might want to watch until the end. This is actually more insane than I thought. M5 for president.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:38:09 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: September 26, 2012, 11:18:20 am »

Yay m5
Not to denie that they are good, but both teams made some stupid moves there (looking at you mf) and its the typical, high elo dance of no one wanting to commit.

What you've got to take into account is that, as a spectator, you have better vision than the players, so a lot of actions that look like mistakes are in actual fact more like gambles that went wrong eg. MF's ult hitting nothing. Similarly, a lack of initiation in a good position is often going to be down to not knowing the position of the enemy - so high Elo games will appear more cautious, as they are aware of potential danger to a greater extent than those at lower Elo.

Here's another M5 teamfight, from the match against Elohell at Gamescom:
M5 vs Elo Hell 5 GA Team fight analysis
 Arguably this is a example of a bad engage in a high Elo game - M5 were 10k up in gold, and too eager to initiate. But since their tankiness allowed them to win the fight anyway, perhaps it was a good decision after all?
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1067