Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270160 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Late August Patch - 1.0.0.146
« Reply #9915 on: September 10, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »

I seriously don't get how LoL does matchmaking

ended up on a match where pretty much every single enemy had ~50 more ELO then us with their highest having over 100 ELO more then our lowest. And we didnt have any premades. Yeah LoL nice matchmaking there, don't just have it arranged so both teams average around a similar ELO otherwise the game would go on forever, best to make sure there is one superior team and one shitty underdog team who gets stomped.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9916 on: September 10, 2012, 06:13:21 pm »

That isn't how it works at all. First off, there's a good chance that one person could have a much higher elo than the rest of the team, but one of you is going to have much lower of one too. That's how duoqueing works. I occasionally queue with a buddy who's about 150 elo higher than me, and so of course he's always first pick and I'm always last pick.

As for the other team having higher elo than you, that's on purpose as well. Purple side is almost definitively harder.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9917 on: September 10, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »

That isn't how it works at all. First off, there's a good chance that one person could have a much higher elo than the rest of the team, but one of you is going to have much lower of one too. That's how duoqueing works. I occasionally queue with a buddy who's about 150 elo higher than me, and so of course he's always first pick and I'm always last pick.

???

I'm saying their lowest ELO player was around the same as our highest ELO player and on average player for player they had over 50 ELO advantage each (250 higher ELO team). There weren't any premades (not on our team anyway) which I know bumps up their rating (which also annoys me but I digress) but it's not hard to swap like 2 players on one team to the other to balance the ELO.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9919 on: September 12, 2012, 08:59:55 pm »

Some games...

I just won a game a shen. I split push hard and constantly. I was telling my team "I'm not tank shen, I'm splitpush shen. Don't initiate 4v5 while I'm splitpushing." every 5 seconds. So of course I push all the way down top, take an inhibitor, and then the entire nexus alone while team fails to defend our base. I win it anyways, through sheer force of will. What do I see after game? "Report shen for unskilled"'

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9920 on: September 12, 2012, 09:31:11 pm »

Talk solace in the knowledge that they're fucking retarded and are spouting stupid shit to make themselves feel less so.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9921 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:47 pm »

League of Legends is so great!!! But many of mu friends are giving up to play this games!!  :(
It calls fourth aggression and deceit, THe curse of the league is there to split friendships and love.

No seriously, I keep venting my losses/high ping attacks on my brothers and friends, and get really pissy when they joke/taunt me about it, 300ping ain't a reason to flame at them. THIS might not be the case of your friends though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9922 on: September 13, 2012, 05:14:51 am »

Fuck Nunu, especially if he's top lane, fuck him with every single tower and baron that ever existed because he is a fucking asshole.

You can't come close to him, he'll just snowball your face and walk away laughing, you can't harass him because you're melee and even when you do hit him he just heals it all up for no cost. Seriously, you can't outsustain him, especially after the bastard gets Catalyst, because whatever you might have it can't beat his bite thingy, and if you want to take a ranged champ to counter the fucker and have free harass you're in a tough spot because those usually come without any sustain besides lifesteal, which without some items is laughably low.

So yes, a nunu beat my top lane and I'm annoyed by it >:O
AS - IG

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9923 on: September 13, 2012, 05:56:35 am »

Nunu top is nearly secret OP, pretty much.

Oh, and you think a Catalyst Nunu is bad? Try a Hextech Revolver + Athene's Grail Nunu.

Ridiculous sustain, snowballs every 4~ seconds, never run out of mana.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9924 on: September 13, 2012, 08:24:05 am »

The better you get, the more you hate the average pubby...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9925 on: September 13, 2012, 10:06:02 am »

Getting close to lvl 29. One more stretch of grinding, and I can get violated horribly by play with the people who actually know what they're doing!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9926 on: September 13, 2012, 10:18:01 am »

He doesn't know guys :C

Another annoying champ, AP Trist, especially against Xerath, her jump is very freaking long ranged, so if I stop for even a moment to fire off a beam at her, she jumps, E's, ignites and auttoatacks me, making me dead in mere seconds. And this continues on and on and on, because her damage is freaky and range even more so, which leaves me no room for harrassing or farming because I have to use Q to hit single minions now, since if  I get close I die, and if I push the lane I die because I'm too far away from the tower :c
AS - IG

martnim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9927 on: September 13, 2012, 10:35:33 am »

Getting close to lvl 29. One more stretch of grinding, and I can get violated horribly by play with the people who actually know what they're doing!
Yeah... good luck with that  :P

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9928 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:14 am »

Haha, Syndra can throw Shaco's Jack in the boxes, among other things :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ewBnz7n-lo

This is a video of all the things she can throw around. Sadly, it does not include Dragon, Baron or Teemo Shrooms.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9929 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:39 pm »

Huuh. How does teleport/recall interact, if at all?

Does look like a proper spec'd Syndra should be able to get a buff critter across the river. It'd be expensive, though. That AoE movespeed item, stacked MS, probably Janna and a bloodboil... hell throw sivir in there. Nunu jungle, Syndra mid, sivir/janna bot. Not sure about top... probably Jayce? It wouldn't be a terrible teamcomp, I think. Ghost/flash on the syndra.

All for the express purpose of throwing a lizard at a wraith or sumtin'. Be fun :P

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 1067