Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270222 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Late August Patch - 1.0.0.146
« Reply #9885 on: September 04, 2012, 09:26:17 pm »

Not first, no, but bringing the CD from 15 or something to about 7 seconds is definitely worth the skill points. I love it when champions can be choosy about their skill picks.
I agree. I think maxing W last is not a bad idea.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: September 04, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »

Great thing about Amumu is that you don't need to be maxing any skill as a priority, you can if you really want to just keep em all level and you should still be able to kick arse.

As long as you buy abyssal on mumu your alright :D

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »

Jungle Amumu is pretty much required to max either W or E, but W is strong enough at killing buffs for 1 point, and E gives BAZILLION SUSTAINS.

I'll admit, 15->7 is quite a difference, but I don't think it outweighs the crazy damage you get with W.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »

I love Teemo. I love him so very much. He's squishy, yes, but he simply melts things and his mushrooms are everywhere.

I'm a little afraid he gets worse when people stop being bad, however.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: September 04, 2012, 11:52:50 pm »

Azingy's build for Amumu involves maxing bandage toss first (after one point in W and two in E). He gets sorcerer's shoes, two or three doran's rings, sunfire cape and abyssal scepter for some eye-watering damage output.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: September 05, 2012, 12:57:25 pm »

So I hear Syndra's up on the PBE, anyone feel like sharing an Opinion?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: September 06, 2012, 01:54:48 am »

Has there ever been a champion that looks terrible on paper for you, but still manages to be fun somehow? That's Syndra for me.

I don't get it. Her Q is just a delayed nuke (see: Zyra), her W is goofy but not really that cool once you use it, her E is hard CC but is difficult to actually hit with, and her R is just a big nuke with no utility at all. On paper, she seems like a strictly worse Ziggs.

So why do I enjoy her? No clue. Hitting with E is hard but satisfying once you do it, and picking up blue golem with her W is pretty great even if it has no useful applications. And her R is definitely just a nuke, but it feels so good to use. I really don't get it.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: September 06, 2012, 04:14:50 am »

She plays intresting, thats reason enough for me to charge up on RP (Which now has a big bonus, fyi)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: September 07, 2012, 10:24:43 am »

So now that my goal has succeeded and Amumu and Malphite are regularly banned champs I needed a new gimmick. Luckily my Amumu+Malph wins have afforded me another nice tanky jungler in the form of Leona!

Leona has similar CC capacity as Amumu and the ulti does same damage although Amumu has far more AoE but Leona has half the cooldown so it's a fair tradeoff especially during laning phase where if the enemy team are good you have to use an ult on ganking. Her long-range attack isn't as long as Amumu's but it can go through minions which can make it easier to gank lanes when enemies hide behind minions, but because it goes through minions it can't be used to go over walls.

Her shield is great for tanking and dealing AoE damage but unfortunately has a higher cooldown then a tantruming Amumu, early game she has difficulty because she doesn't deal a lot of damage so is fairly lower on health once she has done first round of jungle when compared to Malph or Mumu. However once she has her 3 abilities she can gank fairly well, her passive is totally useless in the jungle but when ganking it's a great source of additional damage doing around an extra 150 damage on first gank if the lane is attacking target at the same time.

I still prefer Amumu but Leona is very handy in a pinch and because she isn't as mana hungry as Amumu she doesn't need blue buff too much, I actually advise getting a Sheen on her early on to solve any mana problems and do some nice extra damage. Will have to see if I can work on getting Leona banned as well.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: September 07, 2012, 11:30:11 am »

Amumu and Malph were *definitely* already on the solo queue ban list, you clearly weren't at a high enough level that tanks were acknowledged yet.

Leona should be played as a support, not as a jungler. Jungle Lee lee is such a waste, and her bases aren't high enough to clear at all without building damage, and that takes away from tanking effectively. You're doing it wrong.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: September 07, 2012, 01:15:08 pm »

Amumu and Malph were *definitely* already on the solo queue ban list, you clearly weren't at a high enough level that tanks were acknowledged yet.

Leona should be played as a support, not as a jungler. Jungle Lee lee is such a waste, and her bases aren't high enough to clear at all without building damage, and that takes away from tanking effectively. You're doing it wrong.

This. I'm sad to say, but I'm pretty sure that Leona's base damages were adjusted a bit around her passive damage. They're not worth it unless you have a jungle buddy. It'd be pretty amusing to see a Leona-Blitz double jungle, though. All the CC. All of it.
Also often called Boowells.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: September 07, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »

Wouldn't Blitz/Nautilus be better, though? Since Nautilus is a genuine jungle pick and all.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: September 07, 2012, 03:36:04 pm »

Naut got banned :P

Presumably. Dude's talking about backup junglers for when the mainline gets nixed, and particularly ones that aren't highly valued.

I'd wager it's primarily an attempt to leverage other people's inexperience; if they're dealing with a champion working a role they're not used to seeing that champion in, and doing so competently, it can catch them out.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: September 07, 2012, 04:07:12 pm »

If you want Leona/someone double jungle, it should be Alistar or someone with a lot of damage but no cc like Shyv or Yi.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: September 07, 2012, 04:38:35 pm »

Naut got banned :P

Presumably. Dude's talking about backup junglers for when the mainline gets nixed, and particularly ones that aren't highly valued.

I'd wager it's primarily an attempt to leverage other people's inexperience; if they're dealing with a champion working a role they're not used to seeing that champion in, and doing so competently, it can catch them out.

Yeah this

I'm not saying Leona is as good as Amumu, but she can do a good job when he get banned or picked by enemy, easily weaker jungle <6 with useless passive but her low CD ulti means she can gank far more often and few levels in W and she can clear waves easily.

P.S.

The worst thing with my Leona jungle is that I keep pressing Q for her grab instead of E because of Amumu.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:40:29 pm by Sharp »
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1067