Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270353 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9825 on: August 25, 2012, 04:21:56 pm »

To put it into perspective: He's a new champion.
Darius, Xin, etc. They were new once, but raped everything.

I don't know if Xin is a good example, he was blatantly overpowered on release. Darius is pretty strong as well.

That being said I do think Rengar needs some tweaks. Chasing your enemy through brush can be a nightmare when you keep stopping to jump instead of auto-attacking.
Isn't that the point? Some champions are underpowered or balanced during release, which often means they aren't palyed much and people beg for buffs. Champs still get released quite often overpowered though.

[tinfoil]
I think they get released overpowered so that Riot gets more sales off of new champions and skins released for them at the time. That way people abuse them in their time of being overpowered, they get nerfed to be more or less in line with other champions later down the road, and then Riot already has their money.

I bet sales of Xin soared after his remake.
[/tinfoil]

Yes.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: August 25, 2012, 05:30:50 pm »

I disagree about champions are purposely being released overpowered for money simply because there are so many that come out that have either been left as they were on release or buffed.  Draven, Hecarim and Rengar all come to mind as recent champions that weren't released in an "OP" state. I don't think Jayce,  Fiora, Sejuani, Varus or Viktor were nerfed after release either (but I could be forgetting something). It's just that the overpowered champions stand out more.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:38:42 pm by Wiles »

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: August 25, 2012, 05:44:26 pm »

They try hard to release balanced champions, but err on the side of OP, because champions released in a UP state really suffer from it. See: Yorick.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: August 25, 2012, 06:47:35 pm »

Yeah, generally - Zyra was officially announced to be OP, and I think everyone can see Diana's on the same boat; Darius had a ton of whine too, though I feel it undeserved, yet he got nerfs. On the other hand Fiora is Master Yi, only bad, Draven is good but really hard to master, Rengar is plain out bad in my opinion, and the Eve and Kat reworks were both a bit on the UP side. Also Jayce is really good but I don't tend to see him that often, maybe because his kit is kind of complicated to use well. I admit I can't play him myself beyond the ranged E + Q-> melee Q -> melee E combo.

In unrelated news I should probably take a pause from LoL, but I'm not even mad, just ... disappointed. 7 dominion wins in a row, including some incredibly tense ones where we end up with 10:0 or the like, then the eigth, which should've been the easiest, was thrown because a Jarvan decided to boldly go where no one has gone before, i.e. full retard, and ended the game whining about "these kids" in the lobby which really grinds my goat. One single 4 on 4 fight top and we would've stomped, but nooo, Jarvan is off exploring some random bushes which just so accidentally happen to contain the entire enemy galaxy.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: August 25, 2012, 07:18:44 pm »

Huh, don't you mean Master Yi is Fiora, only bad? It's widely regarded that Fiora is a bit better of a melee AD carry than Yi is, although she can't go AP.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: August 25, 2012, 09:25:54 pm »

It's conditional really.

AP Yi can be properly curbstompy, and Tiamats on Fiora have led to a few quadra/penta kills that I've seen.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: August 25, 2012, 11:47:53 pm »

Tiamat YI is best YI.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: August 26, 2012, 12:50:45 am »

Been getting into playing swain lately. He's pretty fun but was a bit difficult to get used to. Last hitting with any ability that isn't w was the hardest bit honestly.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: August 26, 2012, 06:24:19 am »

I've always known that certain champs were terrifying under bot control because of reaction times, chain-casting, etc.
But I never really knew fear from any of them until last night: Cassiopeia Bot. D: D: D:

By late game, I was running a Mundo with dual Warmog's and FoN. Over 5000 health, over 100/sec health regen.
A fed Cassio Bot could burst me down in under 2 seconds. Q spam absolutely wrecked my shit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9834 on: August 26, 2012, 08:11:15 am »

I've always known that certain champs were terrifying under bot control because of reaction times, chain-casting, etc.
But I never really knew fear from any of them until last night: Cassiopeia Bot. D: D: D:

By late game, I was running a Mundo with dual Warmog's and FoN. Over 5000 health, over 100/sec health regen.
A fed Cassio Bot could burst me down in under 2 seconds. Q spam absolutely wrecked my shit.
Calling bullshit on that. Cassio doesn't have +3000 DPS against single targets, especially against targets with high regen and MR.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: August 26, 2012, 08:51:41 am »

Calling bullshit on that. Cassio doesn't have +3000 DPS against single targets, especially against targets with high regen and MR.

I'm sure there's a bit of exaggeration in there, but Cassiopeia Bot is insane. Easily one of the hardest bots. Swain Bot, Cass Bot, and Annie Bot are all pretty terrifying. Cassiopeia's power is tied to the player's skill level so tightly that, under the perfect control of the AI, it can actually be too much sometimes. Thankfully, the AI's game sense is still lacking, so it's easy to pull tricks on Cass Bot to get the upper hand.

God help you if one of your teammates is duoqueuing with his level 10 friend who mains AP mids, though.

Speaking of Cassiopeia, was she nerfed or something recently? I rarely see her anymore, either in normals or competitive play. I mean, she's on the level of Karthus/Anivia for mid champs, right?
Also often called Boowells.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: August 26, 2012, 08:56:59 am »

I'm sure there's a bit of exaggeration in there, but Cassiopeia Bot is insane. Easily one of the hardest bots. Swain Bot, Cass Bot, and Annie Bot are all pretty terrifying. Cassiopeia's power is tied to the player's skill level so tightly that, under the perfect control of the AI, it can actually be too much sometimes. Thankfully, the AI's game sense is still lacking, so it's easy to pull tricks on Cass Bot to get the upper hand.

God help you if one of your teammates is duoqueuing with his level 10 friend who mains AP mids, though.

Speaking of Cassiopeia, was she nerfed or something recently? I rarely see her anymore, either in normals or competitive play. I mean, she's on the level of Karthus/Anivia for mid champs, right?

I don't think so....I think it comes down to that none of the major teams are playing her anymore, and the LoL community tends to...copy them a bit.
(Hey, just because I quit LoL doesn't mean I stopped keeping up on it :D)
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: August 26, 2012, 09:28:52 am »

She was nerfed a bit in the Nautilus patch. But yeah, I agree with ansontan, she's probably not being played as much because the pros aren't using her.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: August 26, 2012, 09:29:46 am »

Ye, I've been fighting the impulse to blind-buy her for Dominion top and bot, since I hear from the pros she does decent against tanky DPS, and Dominion can safely be renamed to Tanky Bruiserlandia. I agree with Ansontan that since noone has had a crushing defeat against her in the pro scene, she's fallen off. On the contrary, since M5 have been going Gragas mid for some games now, I see a ton more (bad) gragases around.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: August 26, 2012, 10:06:11 am »

Cass was dubbed "Too unrealiable" and an "unsafe pick" by pros, and the sheep followed suit. Now I no longer get the pleasure of happily stomping Cass's who see a pro play her and think "oh I can do that" and then fail hard. I'm back to only ever seeing Cass's with skins who know what they're doing.
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1067