Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270333 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9795 on: August 23, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »

Honestly since I bough Olaf I don't feel like taking another tanky bruiser for Dominion... ever. It might just be the small sample size (only played three games) but I absolutely stomped each one.

Of course, no WINS or any such shenanigans, but I consistently had most kills/medium deaths/most assists, with a Prospectors/Frozen Mallet/Wit's End/Tanky build depending on the damage of the enemies. Just locate enemies, fling self at enemies. Apart from wacky things like going 1v1 with a really fed Jax or neglecting the enemy AD carry I was an angry unstoppable force of nature from start to finish, and I really don't remember him like this.

I'll play a bit more tomorrow, since if I play now I'll get my stupid first win in 1:30 a.m., but god damn were the last games fun. Anyone wanna relate with anecdotes about Dominion Olaf?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9796 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:23 pm »

Well I now have a feel for the game and even though I don't know any characters beyond this weeks free champs I seem to be able to pick up champs I don't know quickly. What I am having problems with is items. I just don't know them very well so I end up just picking the suggested ones more often then not so I don't end up spending 5 minutes in spawn looking for an item. Is there a good guide or something somewhere that would help me learn the items?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: August 23, 2012, 06:52:21 pm »

Well I now have a feel for the game and even though I don't know any characters beyond this weeks free champs I seem to be able to pick up champs I don't know quickly. What I am having problems with is items. I just don't know them very well so I end up just picking the suggested ones more often then not so I don't end up spending 5 minutes in spawn looking for an item. Is there a good guide or something somewhere that would help me learn the items?

This website has a list of builds for every champion in the game
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: August 23, 2012, 07:00:36 pm »

Be aware, though, that these kinds of sites may have some seriously questionable guides as well.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9799 on: August 23, 2012, 08:15:35 pm »

I am not looking for a guide for a specific champ as I don't really know any champ well but Nunu(who I have already looked up guides for). What I would like is something that goes over items and situations in which to use said items. I am still pressing random to decide who I play. I can't have guides up for all 10 possible champs at once and expect to remember anything.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: August 23, 2012, 08:31:26 pm »

I am not looking for a guide for a specific champ as I don't really know any champ well but Nunu(who I have already looked up guides for). What I would like is something that goes over items and situations in which to use said items. I am still pressing random to decide who I play. I can't have guides up for all 10 possible champs at once and expect to remember anything.

Well you could use the wiki.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Item

Pretty much everything anyone would like to know about items.
As for general rules... try finding items that have coherence with the champ and/or his steroids.
For example a Ionic spark would be near useless on Pantheon or Karth but can be awesome on AS TF or Twitch.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9801 on: August 23, 2012, 08:53:10 pm »

Okay thanks, not quite what I was hoping for but I guess if the hardest part ends up being memorizing items I will be quite happy.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: August 23, 2012, 09:17:48 pm »

We need some information about what you like to play in other games (Especially Dota or Smite or HoN) to tell you more whwat you need to know and who you'll like.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:18 pm »

Okay thanks, not quite what I was hoping for but I guess if the hardest part ends up being memorizing items I will be quite happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrDT7r_dFbQ
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9804 on: August 23, 2012, 09:54:02 pm »

Cool, did not know Quill had LoL videos. Guess I have something else to watch on YouTube. Thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:00:47 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: August 23, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »

Once you learn the items, you can build situationally, which is pretty much how you play well.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: August 24, 2012, 01:50:25 am »

Be aware, though, that these kinds of sites may have some seriously questionable guides as well.

I remember back when I built Tiamat Gragas because of a terrible guide. The guide's rationale was that he has trouble farming, so obviously he needs the Tiamat to help him!

Note: this was many months before AP Gragas was ever considered good. Most people built him tank, but he was really considered one of the worst champions. Riot nerfed him two or three times (cue tons of "OMG RIOT NERFING U.P. CHAMPS") and then it turned out he was a super powerful AP caster even after the nerfs.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:52:17 am by penguinofhonor »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: August 24, 2012, 03:02:23 am »

Cool, did not know Quill had LoL videos. Guess I have something else to watch on YouTube. Thanks for the link!
I didn't know neither that nor that Quill was known on Bay12.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: August 24, 2012, 09:20:40 am »

1st crack at Diana last night. Me likey. Seemed to work especially well paired with Katarina. Typically a pair of melees laning against Sona/Ashe would be in trouble. But Q allowed me to poke them pretty effectively, especially from the bushes. And then ult allowed me to jump them while Katarina closed, and if they started to get away, E brought them back into range for stabbity stabbity.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: August 24, 2012, 09:31:15 am »

Diana is kinda broken now, mostly her Q, low cooldown AoE nuke that costs 50 mana on all levels, and with a bit of AP takes off chunks of HP whenever it hits. Then there's the problem of her W giving her pretty good survivability. Ult being a double dash in most cases and doing pretty decent damazge is a big problem too. But the icing on the OP cake is her passive, at level 18 every third strike will do over 400 magic damage, as splash to everything around your target.

I know that she's supposed to be this assasin chick that assasinates people. but right now it takes far too little skill and effort to assassinate several people and survive despite being focused. So either tone down her damage or tone down her tankiness, or perhaps up the difficulty with a bit more interplay of her skills required to maximize damage.

Because I haven't lost a lane to anyone as her, and even if I do badly at first, by level 6 my Q does enough damage to bring them into the instant death zone with just a few hits, which thanks to it's wierd trajectory and explosion at the end make it somewhat hard to dodge.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1067