Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270540 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9735 on: August 20, 2012, 11:13:03 am »

MOBA while technicly could mean a large category of games has been specialized to LoL and such. Basically the other games that would fit it already have a category IE FPS.

Wiki knows
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:16:18 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: August 20, 2012, 01:47:34 pm »

I go into blind pick and my team picks Cho'Gath, Alistar, Blitzcrank, Hecarim (me), and some other bruiser/tank. Nobody autolocking carries and two potential supports? This is going to be a good game.

I switched to jungle Riven and the last guy switched to Katarina so we had damage, and then we proceeded to stomp that game. We had great cooperation and witty banter. I wish all my solo queue games could be like this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: August 20, 2012, 02:23:52 pm »

Huh. Usually teams that are that weak on ranged don't fare so well. Guess the enemy didn't have any good kiters.

We had the weirdest 3v3 ARAM last night:

Soraka (me)
Xerath
Galio

vs.

Garen
Master Yi
Alistar

True, we had range and they didn't, but they were tanky foos and all they had to do was build MR. And even with some magic pen, Soraka's Q was like throwing shiny purple Skittles at them. I mostly wound up trying not to die and acting as a renewable health/mana pot.  Of course, because of that I was typically the FIRST to die.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:28:52 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: August 20, 2012, 02:28:21 pm »

Blitzcrank is one of those "fuck your kiting" champions, I feel. Alistar also helped.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: August 20, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »

ARAM session starting up... AGAIN.

Add KaelGotRice on NA.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: August 20, 2012, 04:35:37 pm »

MOBA while technicly could mean a large category of games has been specialized to LoL and such. Basically the other games that would fit it already have a category IE FPS.

Wiki knows
I always called them Dotalikes games since it was the first big one beside that starcraft 1 custom map like how games are Diablolikes and Rougelikes
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:40 pm »

I've never heard the term Diablolike.

Just added Kael. I'll join the ARAMing as soon as he adds me back.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: August 20, 2012, 04:56:50 pm »

AoS. AoS is the original acronym; DotA is an AoS map. It's pretty analogous to referring to roguelikes as roguelikes, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: August 20, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »

Strictly speaking, that'd be more analogous to referring to roguelikes as rogues.

It's also a bit harder to say than MOBA, so I'm kind of in favor of going with that acronym just for that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: August 20, 2012, 09:33:14 pm »

Moba's two syllables, yes, but I've definite preference for the aesthetics of A oh Ess. Moba is... I'unno, kinda' base. It's like mud, without the awesome applications thereof, but still possessing ringworms (a large chunk of the player base).

Anywaaay. ARAM's fun. Lots of things die. Sion is a scary monster DX

One that is really really painful. Yikes. Also I've learned I'm a mostly terrible everything, but a particularly bad udyr. Did manage to break even on k/d like... twice, though! Something like that. I call it better-than-could-be.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9745 on: August 21, 2012, 10:42:20 am »

Well that was interesting for a first "real" game though it was against AI. I rand picked Galio or however you spell it and managed to do better with him then I thought I would though I died a lot. Our team had an Annie who fed the AI team's Annie then AFKed for the second half of the game. Then we lost because my team seemed to have only one person with any skill and its hard to carry a game when the opposing team all have been fed to some degree or other. Next game if I rand Galio I will at least be able to do better as I understand what he can do.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: August 21, 2012, 10:52:26 am »

I dont think you can actually feed bots. As far as I understand, they get all their stuff on a timer.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: August 21, 2012, 10:57:12 am »

Well that was interesting for a first "real" game though it was against AI. I rand picked Galio or however you spell it and managed to do better with him then I thought I would though I died a lot. Our team had an Annie who fed the AI team's Annie then AFKed for the second half of the game. Then we lost because my team seemed to have only one person with any skill and its hard to carry a game when the opposing team all have been fed to some degree or other. Next game if I rand Galio I will at least be able to do better as I understand what he can do.
Don't bother playing against bots. Play against humans, that way you will learn how people play. In addition, most of the people you will play against at the start will suck as much as you (the other 25% (or more) are smurfs that are using low level accounts).

After playing VS AI for a while, you will see that they have definite patterns that are easy to exploit (with some champions being better then others at being able to do it).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9748 on: August 21, 2012, 11:00:20 am »

Why yes playing against bots is not going to make me better but it will let me learn the controls and various things with only one team worth of players yelling at me. I plan to play versus AI till I get my first kill in a game then move on to playing versus real people who suck as much as me (or not who knows).

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: August 21, 2012, 11:03:40 am »

They used to get their stuff on a timer, AFAIK, I haven't been playing longer than a few months.

But currently, bots that are doing better will definitely have better stuff. Bots can have weak laning and mid-games, which translates to bad late games, usually, but if a game drags on or the bots start ending sprees, they can catch up in items. Also, don't get in team-fights with Intermediate AI bots on an even footing. Their coordination and robotic reflexes will stomp you.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1067