Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270650 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9660 on: August 16, 2012, 12:53:26 pm »

Aaaaand game. I'm pretty sure no other team can push an advantage like m5. Can't wait for the eventual Azubu Blaze vs M5 game, since I don't think anyone else can do anything significant against them.

Wait M5 plays LoL hmm I though they only played Dota 2 though there pretty bad in Dota 2.

BTW how is Rengar he move sound pretty cool or is he not out yet?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: August 16, 2012, 01:53:49 pm »

Support Garen

Support Garen is the new joke about him since the rework.
He has a strong early game even without expensive items and his ultimate is not item reliant.
So he can pretty much rough up other champions for the carry to get the kill.
Also his ultimate is well known to leave enemy champions running away with a silver of health left.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: August 16, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »

Yeah, somehow, we won that last one, but we got lucky when they stupidly tried to do a warded baron where we kinda aced them and turned the tides by pushing two lanes quite hard. Then their Fiddle kinda started wandering a bit too far away from the team so he'd get picked off.

Jayce was still a tremendous pain in the ass, that guy does so much damage and just refuses to die unless explicitly focused by the entire team.

Anyways, new Garen is quite ok now, he isn't as horrifying early on as he was before, but he makes up for it by being extremely hard to kill (having 50% physical/magic reduction at level 3 with a single defensive item is quite crazy), this only gets worse later on where he gets two or three damage items (it's usually Fatma for me and something to give me some arpen) and building straight out tank afterwards, it's quite brutal.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:56 pm »

Atmas isn't super worth it unless you have several items that give you health, and it is pretty much never worth it with only a frozen mallet.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: August 16, 2012, 05:08:44 pm »

Atmas isn't super worth it unless you have several items that give you health, and it is pretty much never worth it with only a frozen mallet.
Unless your champ has high base health, yeah. But on an otherwise tanky build it's a decent item.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: August 16, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »

Yeah, it's good because it also gives armor, and I have plenty of hp from Sunfire and Mallet, plus a bit extra from HoG.
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: August 16, 2012, 05:40:52 pm »

Atmas is quite worth it for quite a lot of champs.
If you have 2k HP (like most bruisers) then it's a BFSword worth of damage on it.
And it gives armor as a bonus (that stacks with courage).

Damn he has scary tanking potential right there.
Too bad he has no taunts what so ever.
Self promotion below.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: August 16, 2012, 05:57:03 pm »

Atmas is quite worth it for quite a lot of champs.
If you have 2k HP (like most bruisers) then it's a BFSword worth of damage on it.
And it gives armor as a bonus (that stacks with courage).

Damn he has scary tanking potential right there.
Too bad he has no taunts what so ever.
Atma got nerfed if you can't remember. 2k HP would just get you 30ad. Unless you're talking about 2khp+ :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: August 16, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »

So I've been toying around with some rune ideas for Garen (man I'm all over this guy right now, not sure why I fell in love with him last week but he's fun as hell). Mainly switching the movespeed quints that give me 4.4% extra movespeed for some Hp/lvl ones. I took one out and it kinda worked, not sure because we've steamrolled top to the point their Morde and Diana started trolling and feeding hard.

Still, it's some 150 extra Hp at level 18, not too much but it should do in breaking the 4k mark (to which I come rather close now, ending at some 3.5-3.7 Hp).

Thoughts?

My other runes are Arpen reds, armor yellows and Mres/lvl blues. Masteries are 9 in offense (for the extra 10% Arpen) while the rest is in defense, extra armor/mres, hp/lvl, movespeed, CDR and that last thingy which gives some nice stuff.
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: August 16, 2012, 06:54:08 pm »

Well personally i use CDR blues on garen.
his main advantage is having no mana so cooldown is his only resource.
And CDR is not as easy to obtain as let's say... MR.

Imo it's a good idea to invest in runes that give you things that are not as easy to obtain ingame.
Movespeed (only boots) higher critical damage (IE) or GP/5 (several early game items that actually are cool because they build into other things and stack with GP/5 seals/quints/talents for even more cash flow)
Self promotion below.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: August 16, 2012, 07:13:27 pm »

Crit damage runes are absolutely abysmal. Never, ever use them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: August 16, 2012, 07:25:43 pm »

So I take Cho for a spin, end up as a support of sorts for Ez at bot. We kinda roll over them, me getting several kills early on (against Trist and Talon). Anyways, their first tower is down within the first ten minutes, so I naturally proceed to roam a bit, going top, ganking their WW and pushing another tower, something our WW finds very bad for some reason (apparently he can't farm anymore). But he's missing the big picture, so I push mid in the next few minutes (along with our awesome AP mid Nautilus) and you know, tell everyone to get a ward or two to completely deny them the jungle and dragon.

After overextending while farming top (he didn't get wards like he was advised to do) our WW announces that he's going afk. By this point all their outer towers are down, all of ours are up, we have about twice their kills and a dragon or two under our belt.

We won after some 30 minutes, still, it's quite funny to have someone ragequit when you're doing so well and you actually win in the end.
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: August 16, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »

Atma's is 825 for the AD passive. A BF sword costs 36.7 gold per AD, so to match that efficiency you need 22.5 AD from it. To get that much AD, you need 1500 HP.

It's still really good.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: August 16, 2012, 08:07:08 pm »

I can't take anything seriously in an unranked game, everyone seems to be constantly trolling, I mean you get trolls in ranked but it seems more rare, tbh if your doing well and one of your teammates goes afk it's not too bad, you still hopefully have a gold/exp advantage and the missing team-mate should get you more exp and farm available to continue to crush the enemy team.

And unranked just seems easier if you have half a clue, it's like unranked players dont seem to even spectate ranked matches to see the best moves in certain scenarios and how to generally play the game.

Also in my quest to further increase the use of Aegis of the Legion in games, an interesting statistic that in my last 15 games that every time I bought an Aegis I didn't lose and 2 times (once as jungler once as support) that I didn't get Aegis I lost. Get Aegis people!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19:07 pm »

Honestly I get trolled more in ranked than I do in normals. Luck of the draw I guess.

I've seen some of the pro teams running double aegis. I guess it works like wota in that the two players that have it get the bonuses from both of them.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1067