Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270709 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9615 on: August 14, 2012, 12:52:07 pm »

This one game where I was AD Malza, I was against AD Zilean. I topped him, but that guy was still quite good, which surprised me. Then I tried AD Zil and failed horribly.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:25 pm »

Aw, guess I'll have to learn how to jungle then.

...how do you jungle?

Jungling varies from champ to champ. A Rammus jungler will be focusing on doing ganks to provide CC to help laners kill opposing champ while a jungle Yi or Diana will be going to finish off opponents in vulnerable positions, with or without lane support, as such you have to build your jungler as either tanky CC dealer (Rammus), or off-tank gank/assassin (Diana/Yi). Tank or Off-Tank are the two most common jungle builds because unlike lane creeps the jungle creeps will be attacking you so you will need armour and health , it also helps building armour quickly because then you can tower dive gank and survive.

Blue (smite)->Wolves->Wraiths->Golems->Red (smite)->Gank is a popular choice because you should be able to use your 2nd smite just in time from its 70 sec cooldown after using it on Blue buff initially to red buff. You need to be opportunistic as a jungler so always check the status of the lanes to see if you can get a nice gank, you don't always have to gank from the river, sometimes ganking top or bot from the bushes is super-effective as it is less likely to be warded.

Rammus isn't actually that bad as a top lane champ though he is much better as a jungler or support (taunting the AD carry with your defensive ball can shred their health), you have to play him similar to malphite (another excellent jungler) by building lots of armour and using it to tank damage, once you have Rammus's ulti though you can deal an incredible amount of damage as long as you stay close to the enemy champ so having that extra survivabilty helps loads so your ulti does full damage.

Sunfire cape is a must on Rammus and getting a Randuin's Omen is great as well as you will be dealing lots of damage and slowing down enemies. I might be a bit unusual as well but I prefer getting Rylai's on Rammus because you can easily stop enemies from escaping and they won't be able to out run your ulti plus it adds a decent amount of damage to your Q and R. Usually my build order is, Heart of Gold->Merc Treads->Sunfire Cape->Randuin's Omen->Rylai's->Force of Nature/Aeigis Of Legion(depends on how much magic damage they are doing)->Warmogs/Guardian Angel. Nice to have MS quints and AD+armour+mag res runes for tankiness and clearing jungle quickly.

Lack of Thornmail and only Move 2 boots is the most surprising thing in my build but I feel that Sunfire Cape and W is enough, I mean the extra armour is nice and stacks incredibly well with Rammus but you don't have enough defence against abilities so health/MR from Rylai's/FoN helps, and MS quints and masteries are enough to offset the boots, especially with Force of Nature which provides its own MS but will keep you in high health for your Initiator mastery to be in effect.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9617 on: August 14, 2012, 01:34:48 pm »

If you are new to jungling, pick someone who does it really efficiently.

- Nunu is a good jungler & ganker, and he can ruin the other jungler's day. Consume is like an extra smite on a lower cooldown, and it also heals. You usually start with 1 point in consume, then 1 level in either Blood Boil or Throw Iceberg. Get the other skill by lvl 3, and then max Snowball ASAP since it makes your ganks incredibly good. Level up Blood Boil after that, but you must know that only 1 level to consume. Any more than that and you hurt your process.

- Nocturne has good sustain and he clears jungle quickly. He ganks really well especially if his ult is up, since he can use it to prevent wards from working.

- Lee Sin isn't the best jungler when it comes to clearing the creep camps, but definitely one of the best when it comes to ganks. Should be really easy to get kills as a Lee Sin if your lanes allow you to gank.

- Warwick is relatively fast and although his pre-6 ganks aren't too good, once you get to lvl 6 you can do some serious damage. The best thing with him however, is that he is the safest jungler to play. Incredible sustain lets him stay in the jungle forever even with no runes, masteries or items. All of those do help, though.

- Fiddlesticks is also a really safe jungler to play as long as you have the mana to sustain your Drain. Ask for your team to give a good leash at Bluebuff when you start, since killing the big golem at lvl 1 with no help can be really hard and dangerous. But once you kill it, you're good to go.

- Cho'Gath has good durability, excellent sustain and gorgeous ganking power. All around a great jungler.

- Maokai is one of my favorite junglers, since he clears camps fast and his ganks are really, really good. Those saplings just are so good.

- Shaco isn't the easiest jungler, but his ganks are probably the best. A gank or two and you should have at least 1 kill, which helps. Your boxes dish out good damage, and since your clone applies on-hit effects, a Wriggle's Lantern means you have 20% chance to deal that 500 extra damage, but not only for your attacks, but for your clone's attacks. So killing Dragon early on is quite easy.

- Trundle is an all-around great jungler. A bit underrated and rarely seen, his sustain is good and ganks excellent. Similar to Warwick in his jungling speed, but while he has a bit less sustain than the wolf, his ganks are also better.

- Udyr is probably the best jungler in the game. He has super high DPS and sustain, and his ganks are often really good too. My tip for him is to max Phoenix Stance first as it grants an excellent boost to his damage. I also max Tiger Stance since when combined with Phoenix Stance,  those 2 skills give the best DPS which also means the fastest jungle clear time. You can put some early points to Bear and Turtle stances if needed: Bear stance for ganks and Turtle for sustain if thats needed. But most of the time since you don't need sustain, leave Turtle stance to level 3.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »

I'm so entertained by the people who play this game sometimes. Six months ago, everyone was crying "Riot! Slow down the release rate of champions. Two weeks each is too fast. The balance team can't handle the work, focus on reworking old champions that need help."

And recently, about half the champion releases have taken three weeks. The game is more balanced than it ever has been. The PBE is decreasing the rate of huge balance fuckups on releases. They've released a ton reworks on a lot of champions who have needed it, and they're making a huge effort to go back and add tweaks and QOL buffs to others. Art reworks and lore reworks are making sure that no champion will be ignored forever.

You'd think the fans would be ecstatic that they're being listened to and that Riot is improving in all the ways that people have wanted them to. So, what's the most common criticism? "Riot! Slow down the release rate of champions. Three weeks each is too fast. The balance team can't handle the work, focus on reworking old champions that need help."

Sigh.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: August 14, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »

Bay12 ARAM session going on now :]

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: August 14, 2012, 10:11:50 pm »

Patch notes are out. Too lazy to copypaste, though.
Summary: Kat and Garen reworks, a bunch of champs got minor/QoL buffs, and the 3rd champ in a row is delayed.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: August 14, 2012, 10:47:31 pm »

League of Legends v1.0.0.145

Rengar, the Pridestalker

Pending the completion of some further testing on PBE, Rengar will be released at a future date

Garen

General
Base Health Regen reduced to 8.25 from 9.85
Health Regen per level reduced to 0.75 from 0.85
Base Attack Damage reduced to 56 from 60.1
Attack Damage per level increased to 3.5 from 3

Perseverance (Passive)
Delay increased to 9 seconds from 7 seconds
No longer deactivates when damaged by lane minions
Now displays the Health Regen gained in the tooltip

Decisive Strike
Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds at all ranks from 12/11/10/9/8
Movement Speed increased to 35% at all ranks from 15/20/25/30/35%
Movement Speed duration adjusted to 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5 seconds from 4 at all ranks
Base damage increased to 30/55/80/105/130 from 30/45/60/75/90
Silence duration reduced to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds from 2.5 at all ranks
Now removes slows on activation
Can now critically strike again
Buff duration reduced to 4.5 seconds from 6
Fixed: Garen's next basic attack after Decisive Strike no longer occurs unusually quickly
Fixed: Decisive Strike is no longer consumed if Garen fails to finish attacking
While performing Decisive Strike, Garen now continues to follow his target if they are moving

Courage
Changed to passively increase Armor and Magic Resist by 20% rather than 0 to 25 based on kills
Damage reduction adjusted to 30% from 20/24/28/32/36%
Active now additionally grants 30% Crowd Control Reduction
Duration adjusted to 2/3/4/5/6 seconds from 3/3/3/3/3
Cooldown adjusted to 24/23/22/21/20 seconds from 30/27/24/21/18

Judgment
Damage adjusted to 20/45/70/95/120 (+0.7/0.8/0.9/1.0/1.1 total Attack Damage) from 50/90/130/170/210 (+1.4 bonus Attack Damage)
Damage dealt to minions increased to 75% from 50%
No longer removes slows on activation or reduces the duration of incoming slows while active
Ignores unit collision during Judgment but takes a 20% Movement Speed penalty when spinning through minions
Fixed: Judgment no longer locks out Garen from taking other actions longer than intended

Demacian Justice
Cooldown adjusted to 160/120/80 seconds from 140/120/100

Gangplank
Remove Scurvy
Fixed: Remove Scurvy now removes Blinds

Jayce
General
Improved the responsiveness of his basic attacks, primarily in Hammer stance
Fixed: The first basic attack after swapping to Mercury Cannon is now more responsive

Katarina (Gameplay and Art Remake)
Voracity (Passive)
Champion kills or assists reduce Death Lotus's cooldown by 10 seconds and refresh basic abilities
Bouncing Blades
10/9.5/9/8.5/8 second cooldown
Katarina throws a dagger which deals 50/85/120/155/190 (+0.5 Ability Power) magic damage. The dagger bounces to the 4 closest enemies dealing 10% less damage with each bounce
Enemies hit are marked for 4 seconds. Katarina's basic attacks or spells will consume the mark dealing 15/30/45/60/75 (+0.2 Ability Power) magic damage
Sinister Steel
4 second cooldown
Whirls daggers in a circle dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.5 bonus Attack Damage) (+0.35 Ability Power) magic damage. If she hits an enemy Champion, Katarina gains 12/20/28/36/44% Movement Speed for 1 second
Shunpo
14/12/10/8/6 second cooldown
Moves to a target's location. Deals 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.5 Ability Power) magic damage if the target is an enemy
After using Shunpo, Katarina gains 20% damage reduction for 3 seconds
Death Lotus
60/55/50 second cooldown
Becomes a flurry of blades, throwing daggers at the closest 3 enemy Champions dealing 400/500/600 (+3 bonus Attack Damage) (+1.75 Ability Power) magic damage over 2 seconds
Daggers apply Grievous Wounds, reducing incoming healing by 50% for 3 seconds

Kayle
Righteous Fury
Ability Power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2

Pantheon
Aegis of Zeonia
Slight increase in the speed of the jump
Now places Pantheon slightly in front of the target instead of directly on top of the enemy

Shyvana
Dragon's Descent
Fixed a bug where Dragon's Descent would hitch on initial use when using skins

Teemo
Toxic Shot
Damage on impact increased to 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4 Ability Power) from 9/18/27/36/45 (+0.14 Ability Power)
Poison Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.1 from 0.14
Fixed: Fixed a bug where the poison was lasting longer than intended
Fixed: Damage values will now update correctly when Teemo hits a unit with a lower level Toxic Shot poison

Varus
Piercing Arrow
Fixed: Piercing Arrow no longer sometimes fires from a point above his bow
Fixed: Piercing Arrow now more reliably hits targets at the end of its range
Blighted Quiver
Ability Power ratio on Blight stack detonation increased to 0.02 per stack from 0.01
Chain of Corruption
Missile width increased to 100 from 60
Increased missile visibility
Spread range from primary target to nearby targets increased to 550 from 450
Tendril break range increased to 600 from 550

Ziggs
Fixed: Satchel Charge's timeout tone will now play properly

Zyra
Rise of the Thorns (Passive)
Now properly cancels spell casts upon activation
Rampant Growth
Destroying a seed no longer breaks spell shields
Plant selection radius increased slightly
Grasping Roots
Modified the vine particle to be easier to see

General
Friend List notes
Pending the completion of some further testing on PBE, Friend List notes will be released at a future date
Updated tooltips for Cho'Gath
The main HUD health and mana bars will now display regen per second as opposed to regen per 5 seconds
The "Reset HUD" button in the "Interface Options" menu will now set the global scale value to the correct amount
Fixed: Wraiths and Lesser Wraiths no longer state they steal life in the tooltip

Proving Grounds
Nexus turrets
Amount increased back to 2 from 1
Health reduced by 900
Armor reduced by 20
Base Attack Damage reduced by 30

Looks like Garen got a full across the board nerf to his early-mid and a sidegrade to his lategame for no apparent reason.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: August 14, 2012, 11:30:42 pm »

Excited for Katarina, since apparently she can jungle now. We really need more AP junglers, and by that I mean AP junglers that aren't Diana or Fiddlesticks since I'm terrible at them. Actually maybe I'm just bad at AP junglers. I'll have to try Karthus and Zyra to test this theory.

I'm also still an embarrassingly bad Lee sin. And I'm bad at Xin Zhao. I'm not sure what I'm good at anymore, to be honest.

Oh yeah, Hecarim. I kick ass as Hecarim.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9623 on: August 15, 2012, 03:58:27 am »

Don't jungle Karthus. Although I love wacky builds and stuff, Jungle Karth isn't all that good. Extremely dependant on Bluebuff so if you get invaded while getting it you're fucked. Farming in lane is also much more efficient, since you don't have to spam Lay Waste 6 times to get the kill, just wait till the minions get low on hp and then bam, kill them and get refunded the mana. You also get levels and gold much faster, and that means downtime used for ganking won't hurt you as bad as if you'd jungle.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: August 15, 2012, 04:30:10 am »

So, wait, if I'm getting this straight, Darius was basically an objectively better Garen, so Riot responded to this by nerfing the crap out of Garen?

Can someone correct me on this?

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: August 15, 2012, 05:25:33 am »

Garen gets a much better late-game, with more damage, especially when not building for it.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: August 15, 2012, 05:38:27 am »

And to maintain this thread's reputation as the best place to learn the newest LoL developments I bring you Rengar... AND SYNDRA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KUTbtYXxEs

Guess we got Kassadin's daughter finally.

Also copied from the comments, since the bloody thing is in German and I'll be damned if I deal with this infernal tongue again :
Q: She summons a Sphere that deals magic damage and stys for 8 seconds.

W: First activation: She grabs an enemy minion or a Sphere. Second activation: She throws the minion or Sphere, enemy take magic damage and are slowed (first rank 25%)

E: Deals Magic damage and knocks enemys and spheres back. Enemys hit by a sphere are stunned for 2.5 Seconds
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: August 15, 2012, 05:39:36 am »

So, wait, if I'm getting this straight, Darius was basically an objectively better Garen, so Riot responded to this by nerfing the crap out of Garen?

Can someone correct me on this?

Well let's see

General
Base Health Regen reduced to 8.25 from 9.85
Health Regen per level reduced to 0.75 from 0.85
Base Attack Damage reduced to 56 from 60.1
Attack Damage per level increased to 3.5 from 3

Yes a general nerf but the change on his other abilities makes sense for all this

Perseverance (Passive)
Delay increased to 9 seconds from 7 seconds
No longer deactivates when damaged by lane minions
Now displays the Health Regen gained in the tooltip

Buffed up, not a nerf at all, yes there is a delay in getting the regen but it works while being hit by lane minions means you can keep it on for longer.

Decisive Strike
Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds at all ranks from 12/11/10/9/8
Movement Speed increased to 35% at all ranks from 15/20/25/30/35%
Movement Speed duration adjusted to 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5 seconds from 4 at all ranks
Base damage increased to 30/55/80/105/130 from 30/45/60/75/90
Silence duration reduced to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds from 2.5 at all ranks
Now removes slows on activation
Can now critically strike again
Buff duration reduced to 4.5 seconds from 6
Fixed: Garen's next basic attack after Decisive Strike no longer occurs unusually quickly
Fixed: Decisive Strike is no longer consumed if Garen fails to finish attacking
While performing Decisive Strike, Garen now continues to follow his target if they are moving

Definite buff, has lower cooldown for spamabiliteh, does more damage and can critically strike, fair enough trade off for the silence and MS duration nerf.

Courage
Changed to passively increase Armor and Magic Resist by 20% rather than 0 to 25 based on kills
Damage reduction adjusted to 30% from 20/24/28/32/36%
Active now additionally grants 30% Crowd Control Reduction
Duration adjusted to 2/3/4/5/6 seconds from 3/3/3/3/3
Cooldown adjusted to 24/23/22/21/20 seconds from 30/27/24/21/18

A nice starting high damage reduction and the armour and mag res increase by percentage instead of flat means it's effective to stack that armour and mag res to make Garen a super tank.

Judgment
Damage adjusted to 20/45/70/95/120 (+0.7/0.8/0.9/1.0/1.1 total Attack Damage) from 50/90/130/170/210 (+1.4 bonus Attack Damage)
Damage dealt to minions increased to 75% from 50%
No longer removes slows on activation or reduces the duration of incoming slows while active
Ignores unit collision during Judgment but takes a 20% Movement Speed penalty when spinning through minions
Fixed: Judgment no longer locks out Garen from taking other actions longer than intended

by being based on total attack damage instead of just bonus attack damage it sort of works out more similar, and it clears out creep waves much better but is no longer the unavoidable spin of death like it used to be, and if I am understanding this right you can use your other abilities while spinning?

Demacian Justice
Cooldown adjusted to 160/120/80 seconds from 140/120/100

Just seems like a balance, not really buff or nerf.

It's basically make Garen a much better late-game tank which is what he really is supposed to be doing anyway.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: August 15, 2012, 06:45:27 am »

Don't hate on jungle karth. That fucker is as fast as Olaf.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: August 15, 2012, 09:37:30 am »

Don't hate on jungle karth. That fucker is as fast as Olaf.
but its dangerous, a few games i've seen a jungle karthus, the other team goes and steals his blue, then proceeds to ambush him in the jungle thanks to wards

actualy when i think about it there was a games that he didn't get counter jugnled but still did meh because he had tried going will of the ancients first and didn't do that much damage...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:41:02 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1067