Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270782 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9600 on: August 13, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »

Played Zyra just now.

Holy shit.

I mean, I outpushed a Morde, outdamaged him, outeverything'd him, and it was my first time with her, the bitch does more damage than Viktor :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: August 13, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »

Another NA Bay12 ARAM session going on in 15 minutes.

Add KaelGotRice for invites, or feel free to join us on teamspeak!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: August 13, 2012, 10:52:22 pm »

What's the correct way to play melee (especially a tank) versus ranged? I've been trying to get into Rammus lately, and I'm never quite certain how to handle things that outrange me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: August 13, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »

As Rammus specifically, you should jungle. There's no opposing laners to harass you, and you can maximize your CC early game by ganking. Additionally, Rammus really has no way to counter being harassed because of how little burst damage he deals. Everything he's got is sustained damage, so they'll typically just walk away after your taunt ends. You're pretty much going to have to deal with losing every trade in lane.

In general, it really depends on the champion. Each melee tends to have a way to deal with ranged champions. You should usually beat ranged champions once you're in melee range, so focus on that. If you're in top or bot, you can do the Garen thing by spending as much time as possible in the brush. The ranged person will have to facecheck to be able to attack you, so you can just blow up in their face when they try. Unfortunately for Rammus, he's still not very good at this because of just how little damage he deals by himself.

Support Rammus can work if you really need it, but it's generally worse than pretty much every other support tank pick. Camp bushes and help your ranged ally out in trades rather than trying to do most of the damage yourself.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: August 13, 2012, 11:24:11 pm »

What's the correct way to play melee (especially a tank) versus ranged? I've been trying to get into Rammus lately, and I'm never quite certain how to handle things that outrange me.
Honestly, with Rammus, you want to jungle. You just don't have what it takes to be top with him. Later in the game, you're able to tank most of the damage, but early, he's squishy, and you'll be sitting back a lot.

Otherwise, if you're playing a tank against a ranged AD, you'll probably have a gap closer of some sort. The key is to get to them before they kill you, which is usually easy as you're a tank. After that, you're hopefully winning the fight, because otherwise, you just suicided. Proceed to wittle them down, or hold them while your team gets there. Otherwise, run for your life.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: August 14, 2012, 04:26:38 am »

As Rammus specifically, you should jungle. There's no opposing laners to harass you, and you can maximize your CC early game by ganking. Additionally, Rammus really has no way to counter being harassed because of how little burst damage he deals. Everything he's got is sustained damage, so they'll typically just walk away after your taunt ends. You're pretty much going to have to deal with losing every trade in lane.
Honestly, with Rammus, you want to jungle. You just don't have what it takes to be top with him. Later in the game, you're able to tank most of the damage, but early, he's squishy, and you'll be sitting back a lot.
Aw, guess I'll have to learn how to jungle then.

...how do you jungle?

In general, it really depends on the champion. Each melee tends to have a way to deal with ranged champions. You should usually beat ranged champions once you're in melee range, so focus on that. If you're in top or bot, you can do the Garen thing by spending as much time as possible in the brush. The ranged person will have to facecheck to be able to attack you, so you can just blow up in their face when they try. Unfortunately for Rammus, he's still not very good at this because of just how little damage he deals by himself.
Otherwise, if you're playing a tank against a ranged AD, you'll probably have a gap closer of some sort. The key is to get to them before they kill you, which is usually easy as you're a tank. After that, you're hopefully winning the fight, because otherwise, you just suicided. Proceed to wittle them down, or hold them while your team gets there. Otherwise, run for your life.
So rush them and keep thwacking until they hit a tower or it's time to run. Guess that's simple enough, if a bit riskier/more damaging than I'm usually accustomed to.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9606 on: August 14, 2012, 05:54:09 am »

Its about trading hits. Generally speaking melee units are tougher and have more damage than ranged ones (base stats, no items) so if you both trade hits you should as a melee champion have a bigger impact. Ranged units have their range as an advantage, but if they lose it, melee units have the advantage.

Gapclosers and stuns and brushes, pretty much anything that helps you get in their face. If they harass you, don't just stand there and take it, run into them and force them to either run back, or take your damage. If you don't have gapclosers or crowd control, you need to use bushes and terrain to make use of the fog-of-war. If you're in mid as a melee vs a ranged, and you don't have anything to get into their face, you might be in trouble. Note that while Mordekaiser has zero CC and no mobility at all, he is still a very strong solomid champion since he has range (Cloud allows for super safe farming, cone attack is a good poke, Mace attack also has range if you use it correctly, and the ult is ranged as well)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: August 14, 2012, 07:39:48 am »

Aw, guess I'll have to learn how to jungle then.

...how do you jungle?
If you're learning to jungle, I'd start with cloth armor + 5 pots. Start blue -> wolves -> wraiths, then if you're too low for red, go golems -> red while blasting pots. Otherwise, go red and gank or clear jungle more. You'll want to start with a point in the shield thing, then a point in powerball, and then finally a point in taunt. After you get red, you'll want to gank a lane.

If you want some help on how to jungle, you can play with my friends and I through Skype, if you don't mind us making fun of you the entire time. If you don't want to be made fun of while playing with us, join the DFC Teamspeak server. Honestly, though, if you can wipe off the pointless insults, you'd learn a lot. We honestly don't care how bad you will inevitably be at jungle. Everyone learns it eventually, but most people do it as Warwick, because he can live in the jungle eternally.

So, yeah. I'll play with you if you want to learn jungle. I could care less if you suck as it.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: August 14, 2012, 08:16:15 am »

I finished up that mod I was making! Anyone care to test it out? There's no way I can make sure all the bugs are out by myself :o
Should be the download link. I don't usually use rapidshare tho so I hope it works. :)

Here's some screenies.
Warning, big images.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:39:41 am by Jelle »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: August 14, 2012, 08:37:32 am »

Now that I've seen Eve (damn you, RNG), I can see how she could work in SR. But as an ARAM pick....pretty damn useless. I wound up building aura items and playing support Eve and just trying to be an effective distraction without dying.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: August 14, 2012, 09:35:28 am »

Vaguely hilarious, but one of the B12 ARAMs I specced had Eve going something like 12/6 and either first or second on 'er team in kills. I... I couldn't really figure out how her player was doing it :P Those spike things were getting spammed constantly though...

Out of curiosity for ARAMs... are they genuinely all random, or just heroes you have/are free?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: August 14, 2012, 09:40:11 am »

just those your have/are free.

Sometimes, I regret I bought many low price heros .... :(

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: August 14, 2012, 09:40:32 am »

A true ARAM is All-Random by the ones you have, I think. And then you can trade with your teammates with the ones you have. The Map is just the lane though, so unless you guys put the gamemode as All-Random... Yeah you probabbly knew this already.

Edit:NInja'd.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: August 14, 2012, 10:02:18 am »

Ahh, that's useful to know. That would explain Eve and Viktor, both of which I am terribad with and don't own.

I want to ARAM with Heimerdinger so badly now. NONE SHALL PASS!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: August 14, 2012, 11:52:13 am »

Yeah, ARAM has made me regret a fair number of my champ purchases. Also, Viktor's fun, but I'm sad his E is a crapshoot. I feel like it has four equally likely buggy possibilities (works fine, graphic goes but no damage, damage goes but no graphic, graphic starts but doesn't move/do damage) and a buggy hitbox, even if it does go off.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1067