Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270821 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9570 on: August 11, 2012, 02:03:15 am »

Why does Riot keep trying the resetting ult thing?  Haven't there been several characters with this feature in the past, and it's been removed every time?  Didn't Eve used to be that way, until they realized that if she got the drop on a single squishy that she could quickly go on to single-handedly wipe a whole team in the blink of an eye?  It's just a horrible mechanic.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: August 11, 2012, 02:27:31 am »

Why does Riot keep trying the resetting ult thing?  Haven't there been several characters with this feature in the past, and it's been removed every time?  Didn't Eve used to be that way, until they realized that if she got the drop on a single squishy that she could quickly go on to single-handedly wipe a whole team in the blink of an eye?  It's just a horrible mechanic.
You guys need to know that its a game mechanic, doesn't matter if it's horrible. It doesn't ruin the average game experience, though it can make you infuriated, but so does true damage to me. So why the heck not remove that too?

It gives variety, though League haven't got a huge such.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: August 11, 2012, 02:28:04 am »

To whoever called Darius Under Powered let me tell you about last game. I was facing a Fiora. I got ganked about three times before I started roaming. The first time was after I had already eaten Fioras health pots and I scared Olaf off by kiting and damaging him. I kill Fiora a few times and go b twice in this time. At this point whenever I get ganked I get a double and I end laning phase 9/0. Trouble is the score is now 10/14 and only getting worse as the game goes on.

I proceed to suicide into their fed carry every team-fight until we wipe them enough times to grab Baron and end them. The Ashe tried to kite me a few times but whenever she stopped moving to cast her volley I moved closer, and before it hit me grabbed her overextending and killed her. Sure you can get Kited but chances are the other player won't be quick enough to perfectly keep the 50-100 distance needed at all time to not instantly die.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: August 11, 2012, 02:34:06 am »

Then let's go ahead and bring up Eve and a good Ad Ranged like Draven. Both have a ridiculous burst without proper items.

Vlad and Akali can also get spanked horribly early but then get a penta when they're 0/6. Atleast I've done that with Akali.

I've learnt that the bigger fire wins in LoL, so whoever endures the longest with poking early wins on equal laning. And whoever reaches a IE first as AD.

Edit: If you've got some friends to play with, like I only play 5v5 with people I know somewhat, you could ask them to cycle Eve with you and them to see if you get what I mean. I must agree in this point> Darius spanks melee. He raped me as Nunu, shut down my ult, too much burst so the heal was useless, too much tackiness to take my E... yeah.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:39:15 am by Exerosp »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: August 11, 2012, 03:59:48 am »

Well I only play Dominion, so I'm not sure how this translates to SR, but Darius:

1. Is extremely vulnerable to kiting. Bait the pull and point and laugh the next 15 or so seconds, since he can't do anything unless you smush your face against his pecs.

2. Starves his team of kills something fierce. I've started to love it when the enemy Dariuses get ult-happy because there are other characters which benefit from kills, while Darius likes to build tanky and deal damage through his passive and ult, and if he goes carry build he explodes. Yes, it does a lot of damage even without damaging items.

3. Has no way to initiate apart from pulling, so if he goes berserk he explodes.

4. Is vulnerable to ganks, especially if he overextends, since he has no escapes.

5. Has no built-in sustain, so you can outsustain him.

I might be talking out of my arse when it comes to SR, though. Darius was extremely scary bot at release since noone knew what he did and how exactly he did it. Now whenever I see him bot I just kind of feel sorry for his team. What I've heard works reliably is counterpicking him with Kayle, possibly because she can kite extremely well and fuck with his ult via her own ult. I suspect Tryndamere would also work, but I haven't heard anything about tryn recently, so I'm not sure.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: August 11, 2012, 06:40:43 am »

Well I only play Dominion, so I'm not sure how this translates to SR, but Darius:

1. Is extremely vulnerable to kiting. Bait the pull and point and laugh the next 15 or so seconds, since he can't do anything unless you smush your face against his pecs.

2. Starves his team of kills something fierce. I've started to love it when the enemy Dariuses get ult-happy because there are other characters which benefit from kills, while Darius likes to build tanky and deal damage through his passive and ult, and if he goes carry build he explodes. Yes, it does a lot of damage even without damaging items.

3. Has no way to initiate apart from pulling, so if he goes berserk he explodes.

4. Is vulnerable to ganks, especially if he overextends, since he has no escapes.

5. Has no built-in sustain, so you can outsustain him.

I might be talking out of my arse when it comes to SR, though. Darius was extremely scary bot at release since noone knew what he did and how exactly he did it. Now whenever I see him bot I just kind of feel sorry for his team. What I've heard works reliably is counterpicking him with Kayle, possibly because she can kite extremely well and fuck with his ult via her own ult. I suspect Tryndamere would also work, but I haven't heard anything about tryn recently, so I'm not sure.

Most talk is Darius being OP is on SR, Dominion is a completely different game in regards to the power of champs especially with it's much more open playing space it is easier to kite champs, in SR though there are tons of obstacles including your own minions at times which makes it much more harder to kite. Even then your points are weird but I don't play Dominion so really can only argue on SR.

1. Is about as vulnerable to kiting as any melee champ, yes if he misses the pull you can kite him safely but he has a pretty good range on his Q to still be able to control a lane early game. Just because you can kite a melee champ doesn't mean they just always try and chase you, early game Darius can control the lane and he does huge damage just with his Q and passive to kill very easily early game if you try and get some creep kills as well. Just being hit by his Q can give him enough speed to chase you so you have to stay far away from him.

2. It doesn't really matter if he is starving kills of other players, it's saying the same of Akali or Katarina who also get cd reset/reduction on kills/assists and deal shit loads of burst damage. He can get penta in teamfights so towers get pushed or gets to kill dragon and/or baron which is more then enough gold to offset "starving" of other champs.

3. His Q initiates if it lands as well by giving him a speed boost, super effective if hitting more then 1 champ, easily enough to give a speed boost to catch up for a pull, and he can do a nice big slow if he gets into melee range as well.

4. He does have a harder time running away although he does still get a nice speed boost for bleeding 2 champs but the issue with Darius is that even though he does shit loads of damge without the ulti, with his ulti it is pretty much an "enemy has health <50%, EXECUTION!" situation. You need to kill him completely, he just needs to get you down the half health, the fact that he deals true damage means only noobs Darius will fail to execute as it's easy to know when exactly it will kill an opponent.

5. No sustain? Because every other champion starts with spell vamp and lifesteal as passive? He doesn't need to sustain because he will bleed you faster then you can bleed him and then he will kill you laughing at your pathetic "sustain".

Kayle, Tryn and a few others can troll his ulti but even without the ulti he can deal a lot of damage in a short time. Getting 5 stacks of haemorrhage is like a constant ignite, his ulti is not neccessary for him to kill which is why he can get an easy first blood if an enemy champ is stupid enough to try and out-sustain him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: August 11, 2012, 10:47:31 am »

You guys need to know that its a game mechanic, doesn't matter if it's horrible. It doesn't ruin the average game experience, though it can make you infuriated, but so does true damage to me. So why the heck not remove that too?

It gives variety, though League haven't got a huge such.
But it DOES ruin the game when you give it to champions who can wipe out your team with it when they have been stopped early. Katarina is an example of someone who hasn't ruined the game because of it. She can be stopped early, and then do no damage or be smashed fast. She also gets no cc and a bunch of blinks. She's annoying, sure, but she's not OP (okay, maybe a tad OP, but that's just because she's manaless). Master Yi is similar. He's not OP (and every low Elo scrub that says otherwise is a moron). He also can be shut down early, and you laugh as he tries to hit you. Akali, shutdown early, no damage.

Now, champs like Darius, on the other hand, can easily do enough damage to kill someone even after being shutdown early. He can ALWAYS snowball. And I don't know how Diana does it, but she can too. Literally, she gets a ton of damage out of nowhere after being 0/7, presumably from her resetting ult. Not only that, but she's got cc and a shield. It'd be fine (read, slightly less annoying) if there was some limit (HIGH MANA COSTS, ult stockpile, higher base cooldowns), but there really isn't. So, basically, if she's 6, and you don't dodge her stupid boomerang skillshot, you are dead. Doesn't matter how unfed she is. And that's what's unfun.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: August 11, 2012, 11:04:06 am »

Maybe that's to you Adict, it can be countered, but if you know how you're usually made to fill in that role. When I try to counter any huge DPS like Darius, Diana or Eve in the matches i've played, none of my teammates fill in the AD Carry Roll.

It's a game of opportunities, difficulties and the such. I must agree that Diana is ridiculously OP, so is Darius, but you have to be non-retarded to get kills as a Darius. They keep getting faceslowed everytime I face 'em, not realizing what the fuck is happening.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: August 11, 2012, 11:48:55 am »

Just... just watched a fellow go 0/13 on Ashe... vs beginner AI.

It's times like this that I realize that, as terrible a player as I am, I'm not even close to the bottom yet. It's a strange, somewhat fuzzy, feeling.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: August 11, 2012, 12:46:05 pm »

Pretty much everything except for Darius' ult is fine. His problem isn't his passive, or his tons of free armor pen, really, it's the fact that he can build COMPLETE tank and still output around 700 potential true damage. He's not OP, his ult is just a bit broken.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: August 11, 2012, 12:57:23 pm »

Maybe that's to you Adict, it can be countered, but if you know how you're usually made to fill in that role. When I try to counter any huge DPS like Darius, Diana or Eve in the matches i've played, none of my teammates fill in the AD Carry Roll.

It's a game of opportunities, difficulties and the such. I must agree that Diana is ridiculously OP, so is Darius, but you have to be non-retarded to get kills as a Darius. They keep getting faceslowed everytime I face 'em, not realizing what the fuck is happening.
No, you're missing the point. The point isn't that you always lose against these people because that's not true. The point is that even when they're stopped early, they can snowball out of control. This is because they have both an early AND a late game advantage. They are countered by people in a way to make them equal to a normal champion, not weaker. They can always snowball out of control if you don't guard against them. So, you have to play cautious early, cautious mid, and cautious late. Because one slip-up can cost you the game, even if you thought you were winning. Even if you were winning by a lot.

That is my point. You cannot get a dominating lead over these champions, because they can come back at any time. And they'll eventually win if they stall you. So, when you start at a disadvantage, and finish at a disadvantage, what do you have? You have an OP champion. Like I said, they wouldn't be so overpowered if they had non-refreshing cooldowns. They are already super powerful. So, try taking that away from them. It wouldn't be so bad.

It's not even like it makes sense on Darius. It barely makes a bit of sense on Diana.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9581 on: August 11, 2012, 03:48:33 pm »

Pretty much everything except for Darius' ult is fine. His problem isn't his passive, or his tons of free armor pen, really, it's the fact that he can build COMPLETE tank and still output around 700 potential true damage. He's not OP, his ult is just a bit broken.
But when his ult can be literally refreshed 5 times in a teamfight, doesn't that automatically make him OP? As long as Darius last hits with his ult, he gets a ton of extra true damage. This, to me at least, makes Darius seem overpowered.

Imagine Karthus, at his current state his ult is very strong late game, but it doesn't make him OP. If his ult would get 30 sceonds off per kill, it would already become overpowered and since his ult is such a big part of him, the champion would be much stronger overall = would become overpowered.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: August 11, 2012, 03:50:32 pm »

And now for the moment you've been waiting for, Frostshot's Information Corner!

To start off, we have RiotRaven, Sr. Creative Designer, talking about Katarina's new lore. Kitae, Lead Designer, also answers a few questions in a split off thread.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2461652
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2461900

And now for the real meaty bit of this patch. Katarina's rework. First off, Morello makes quite a splash talking about Katarina across multiple threads.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2460315
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2461748

Phreak also heads off some bitching about how Kat lost her AD ratio on Q.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtracker/topic/75792-riot-ap-kat-or-no-kat-is-not-acceptable

Meanwhile, Xepherous talks a little about the changes to Garen's W in specific, and then one massive Wall 'o Text explaining the rest of it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2463412
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2461596
http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtracker/topic/75924-running-garen-numbers-on-pbe

Finally, on the eSports side of things, RiotMarcou, eSports manager, mentions that professional players don't get free passes because they're really good, and that the punishment extends to tournament play.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2460524

And finally, the Iaw (spelled with an i, not a L) thread of the day. For those that don't know, he's a guy who parodies how far some Otaku take stuff and makes amusing stories out of it. I'll post them whenever I see them. He's sort of an in-joke on GD.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2458671

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot to add these, but someone started making a series of "Dumbed down lores", they're pretty funny.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2447462
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27944288
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27959388
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:52:20 pm by frostshotgg »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: August 11, 2012, 09:55:56 pm »

-snop-

Thanks for this. I might actually be interested in Katarina now. Xyph knows what he's doing... I think. I don't really play PBE, though, and, judging from what I've heard about it, I don't plan to.
Also often called Boowells.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: August 12, 2012, 12:04:45 am »

So breadbocks admonished me about my Poppy build during one of our ARAM games, and i'm no Poppy master but rushing triforce sucks. Really.

Also, if you're US, be sure to catch us by adding me KaelGotRice or joining us in teamspeak. We want more 5v5s of all bay12ers :D
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1067