Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270881 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9540 on: August 10, 2012, 04:41:29 am »

Oh...oh dear god. A Kayle buff? What for?!!! She's already raping D;

Oh well. Guess people don't want to play shred with her. Which she rapes with. Surge+E+early dagger ftw!

Edit: if she rapes even harder now I'm afraid I have to give up another champ :/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:49:31 am by Exerosp »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9541 on: August 10, 2012, 04:51:59 am »

Diana
Strengths: AOE damage, ability to jungle as an assassin, some tankiness
Weaknesses: NO escapability, reliant on sustained damage for full burst combo, wonkiest skillshot in the game
How is a shield and possibly 2 blinks with a low cooldown no escapability? The pull can be used for juking as well, so she basically has 3 abilities to help her get out of a sticky situation.

Jayce
Strengths: Utility, ranged mode on a bruiser
Weaknesses: No ult makes his team fights really weak
How is having 6 abilities, one of which deals excellent AoE damage and one of which boosts your whole team not good for teamfights?

Darius
Strengths: Ridiculous damage, ridiculousness stickiness, execution move
Weaknesses: Arguably more kiteable than Udyr, everything in his kit is reliant on him hitting you for a while (passive stacks, W refresh, ult execution) meaning that if he doesn't get those hits in he's completely useless, tremendously weak against armor stacking, needs to build squishier than most tanky DPS to get his damage
Didn't I mention that his passive gives movement speed? 5% doesn't sound much, but when your base movement speed is near 300, this means 15 extra MS which does help. Not to mention that his pull has deceptively enormous range, and the fact that he always rushes Phage, means that you can't really escape him all that easily. And build squishier? All Dariuses I see build Phage into TF and/or Frozen Mallet, and Maw of Malmortius. Those 3 items give plenty of durability and support the bruiser build.

Hecarim
Strengths: Mobility, good initiation
Weaknesses: Very little CC, no burst whatsoever without ult
I have no fucking clue what you're talking about. His charge acts like a short duration stun, that is already hard CC. His ult also affects the whole fucking team. 5 guys that you can force to run back. How is that not crowd control? Tell me, please.

Ahri
Strengths: Great burst, huge mobility, true damage
Weaknesses: All skillshots all the time, needs to blow her whole kit to burst people (moreso than most mages, and puts herself in a weaker position than most when she does it)
Oh come on, have you ever played against an Ahri? She throws her charm and if it hits, she uses her ult to dash in, lands her boomerang easily (charm says no dodging) and her spirit fires just fly at you. Maybe she uses her ult again on you to deal more damage, and if you aren't near dead, ult to get away. Easy to get away. And if she gets ganked, now she hasn't used her ult to initiate so she ahs 3 blinks and charm and most likely flash. So yeah, 4 blinks. Sure is hard to escape.
I wouldn't mind if she could use them to get in, but no, she can use them to get out just as easily, and both get in AND get out.

As for skipping over some champions... Yeah, I was speaking of the new bruisers and assassins, not ranged DPS champs or tanks or supports or whatever. Assassins and bruisers. I looked fro mthe wiki to see the list of their appearance, and I never skipped any assassins or bruisers. Why should I list Draven when he isn't an assassin, or Zyra when she isn't a bruiser. Of course I skip those guys, I have no problem with them. I do have problem with the new assassins and bruisers howeverm which is why I listed them.

And I'd argue that bad champion releases are more disastrous than OP releases. Anyone who was around for Yorick should be familiar with this.
I find this exactly the opposite. Darius' release was hell, and I did not enjoy seeing him at all in any game. Don't know if you remember it, but Xin's release was pretty much the same if not worse. Every game Xin was in, he won the game. If there were 2, the better Xin won. He basically came up to you and boom, you basically could just go take a dump because nothing else you could do other than see your health bar diminish.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:58:08 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: August 10, 2012, 05:37:29 am »

Jelle might disagree though, since he got kinda turned off with having a black&white match as Trundle. xD

Yep, I absolutely disagree. In fact I think she's stupidly overpowered.

Let me say first I don't think so because she's an assassins. Yea they can be annoying and annoying doesn't equate OP. Also I don't think akali is OP, she's strong but can be countered pretty good.
To elaborate without hopefully sounding like a rant,I think Deana is incredibly durable for an assassin. Most assassins or duelists or what have you, like akali, xin zhao and shaco for example, get utterly destroyed when focused. Deana though, with that shield of hers she is just incredibly durable. Throw in a crystal sceptre/rod of ages and a defensive item and she's tanky dps.
Yes dps, her passive is just insanely strong. Get a lil bit of attackspeed like nashor's tooth and she can double as tanky dps if she's done assassinating.
Laslty that ultimate. Don't know where to start, just about everything is overpowered about it. The damage for a cooldown refreshing ability, but most of all the range. Dear god the range on that thing.
I don't mind that range on akali since she's suiqhy, but on such a tanky champion.

No I'd go as far as to say she may be xin zhao release OP. Or close to at any rate, I suppose she misses the raw dps to 1v5 a team.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: August 10, 2012, 05:44:04 am »

No I'd go as far as to say she may be xin zhao release OP. Or close to at any rate, I suppose she misses the raw dps to 1v5 a team.

With that passive dealing AoE and AoE Q, sort of AoE W and the pull she can give it a damn good go to destroy a team 1vs5

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: August 10, 2012, 05:55:37 am »

-25 minutes, Ashe has 18 minion kills-

500 elo is just too fun.
What happened here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: August 10, 2012, 08:14:33 am »

Support Ashe/AD LeBlanc? SivHD has a guide for AD LB which makes her out to be good enough. I've always wanted to try out such a combo, but I don't play SR, so I can't :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: August 10, 2012, 08:16:39 am »

What is odd is that what killed this game for me is that I always fall inlove with the expencive characters and just mildly don't care about the whole cast.

But I just don't have the patience to play this until I unlock them.

I am not even half-bad... I am not exactly good, but it isn't the case where I suck at the game.

Kinda odd comming from me... The person who in fighting games actually uses the entire cast and even some of the mimics.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: August 10, 2012, 08:20:42 am »

Support Ashe/AD LeBlanc? SivHD has a guide for AD LB which makes her out to be good enough. I've always wanted to try out such a combo, but I don't play SR, so I can't :(

Wait, you never play Summoner's Rift? What do you play then, dominion or 3v3 or ARAM forever? SR is arguably the most balanced gamemode, and the one paid the most attention to, so it baffles me why you would choose to NOT play SR explicitly.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: August 10, 2012, 08:38:33 am »

Because it tends to take 2-3x longer to play a single game?

Seriously, I've pretty consistently managed to bang out two or three dominion games in the space a single SR one would normally take. That counts for something.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: August 10, 2012, 08:52:22 am »

Played Eve. Deathfire + R + E + Q + Q + Q = instakill. Was running away from an ulted Yi, managed to kill him without ever turning back by ulting and spamming Q. The range at which enemies start to see her made me go 'WTF, srsly o_0', though. That's what, almost identical to their actual line of sight?

Which other champs have such awesome burst combos, apart from Veigar, Kassadin and Eve?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: August 10, 2012, 09:26:17 am »

Played Eve. Deathfire + R + E + Q + Q + Q = instakill. Was running away from an ulted Yi, managed to kill him without ever turning back by ulting and spamming Q. The range at which enemies start to see her made me go 'WTF, srsly o_0', though. That's what, almost identical to their actual line of sight?

Which other champs have such awesome burst combos, apart from Veigar, Kassadin and Eve?
Stop trying to make Eve happen! She's still useless, and will continue to be useless. It's not a big deal, but if you won't admit she's weak, then you have some problems.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:15 am »

Stop trying to make Eve happen! She's still useless, and will continue to be useless. It's not a big deal, but if you won't admit she's weak, then you have some problems.
She is as weak as Darius and Diana. Though dquishy

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: August 10, 2012, 10:17:25 am »

She is as weak as Darius and Diana. Though dquishy
::)

The fact is she IS useless. She can't really build to do damage, unless you really want to be useless in a teamfight (She can clean up after everything's done, sure, but congrats on letting your team get decimated [coincidentally, this is also the correct word to use, as she's about 1/10 of your team's strength].) If she builds tanky, she won't die, but honestly, at that point, you're playing a tank.

Because, really, her main advantage is the stealth. You could backdoor, I suppose, or assassinate, or tank, but ALL of these jobs can be done better by other champions. If you don't admit it, you're just kidding yourself. I don't mind if you play her for fun, but don't pretend she's better than other champs.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:00 am »

Yes, eve sucks quite bad and the remake was a complete failure. No matter how much you want to see her work (I did) it just doesn't make her viable.

Her jungle isn't even very good. Add to that she's squishy and has no real amazing base damage and as a result can be counterjungled easily. Lee sin needs only sneeze in your direction and you're as good as dead.
Even if she gets through jungle unscathed somewhat succesfully, what's she going to do? Gank? She has no cc whatsoever and you can see her coming miles away with her stealth as it is. The only cc she gets is on her ult, wich is only a 2 second slow.
Even if you're good off later on teamfights are just impossible. There's no way to get in position to assassinate the enemy carry without being spotted. Even then you might not even win that fight since you're Eve.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: August 10, 2012, 11:44:09 am »

About eve, i think she's actually average, not weak. You CAN gank with her because she bypasses wards. I wouldnt play her jungle, but rather bot as a complement to an AD carry - i wont call it support since nowadays the most popular "support" for bot is Blitz, which is no support - and as a roamer. Plus maybe doing some counterjungling, but i'm not sure since i've never done it.

Overall, it's hard for me to know her real value since people start panicking when you select her and so i rarely play her. People think she doesnt fit the meta but the meta is already changing towards no support bot, because of all the support nerfs. Nowadays you dont want a healer bot, you want cc. Eve has almost none, sure, but if you can use her element of surprise and do some ward peeling to control the bot lane and the dragon, she can be useful in a different way.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:48:59 am by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1067