Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270882 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9525 on: August 09, 2012, 12:10:27 pm »

It looks like he put a blue overlay on all of the map. I'd say it looks neat, but I've a program on my computer called f.lux that changes my screen through the day to be easier on the eyes, and it might just be me.

Nope, I just toned down the color a bit and sharpened everything a notch.

Also I'm making another. Got a few kinks to iron out but this bit is more or less finished I  think.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hear this style is crazy popular in games these days.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:15:51 pm by Jelle »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: August 09, 2012, 12:26:21 pm »

Gameplay wise, yeah, but his build is the same. I find that too many champs use the same kinda items. They should either cap BTs or possibly make some changes with IE.
I blame that on peer pressure and the slavish devotion to meta.
"OMG y u no build deathcap on veigar?? go kill urself nub"

Sorry, what was that? I was too busy winning to hear you.  ::)
Honestly though, to win, you need as much burst/damage output as possible, that is Deathcap and IE. They're the dominant items, which kinda bugs me :/

Though Veigar has his ult, just Like NuNu, so they're K...
Yeah, but IIRC i did just fine with Sorc Boots / Archangel / Abyssal (needed the MR more than anything) / Void Staff. Was gonna start on a Deathcap after that, but it was already GG. I spent much of the game being Sona's worst nightmare.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: August 09, 2012, 02:05:09 pm »

Okay, seriously, this champion critique is just getting ridiculous. It's basically turning into "dear god every champion has something they're really good at! HOW TERRIBLE!" You complain about a strength on one champion, and then when another champion has that as a weakness you're just like "eh, doesn't matter that much".

Diana
Strengths: AOE damage, ability to jungle as an assassin, some tankiness
Weaknesses: NO escapability, reliant on sustained damage for full burst combo, wonkiest skillshot in the game

Jayce
Strengths: Utility, ranged mode on a bruiser
Weaknesses: No ult makes his team fights really weak

Darius
Strengths: Ridiculous damage, ridiculousness stickiness, execution move
Weaknesses: Arguably more kiteable than Udyr, everything in his kit is reliant on him hitting you for a while (passive stacks, W refresh, ult execution) meaning that if he doesn't get those hits in he's completely useless, tremendously weak against armor stacking, needs to build squishier than most tanky DPS to get his damage

Hecarim
Strengths: Mobility, good initiation
Weaknesses: Very little CC, no burst whatsoever without ult

Ahri
Strengths: Great burst, huge mobility, true damage
Weaknesses: All skillshots all the time, needs to blow her whole kit to burst people (moreso than most mages, and puts herself in a weaker position than most when she does it)

I really don't feel like doing any more, especially since you seem to be skipping champions now just to ignore the ones that go against your main point. Champions right now are very unique, have tons of differences. Really your only legitimate point is that champions in similar roles build similar items and honestly that's not the most important thing in the game. A Darius and a Hecarim that both have the same generic tanky DPS build will each be an entirely different experience.

I will agree there needs to be more item diversity, but Riot is looking at that right now. There have been a lot of posts about it. They're interested in creating more items for literally every single class. The big problem right now is that the season 2 championship is looming ahead, and it would be a hugely stupid move to make big changes like that right now because it would risk screwing up the biggest tournament of the year.

Basically my point is that if you're bored with League of Legends now, wait a few months until season 3. They made some pretty huge changes towards the beginning of season 2 that I think everyone has forgotten, and I'd expect similarly big stuff to be coming up soon.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: August 09, 2012, 03:27:11 pm »

My main problem with the game is that most champions come out of the gate utterly super-overpowered. Diana's regularly getting kills in my game 20+ and carrying her entire team. And this isn't against "bads" either, as for some reason my normal bracket is putting me up against 1000-2000+ normal win players. Realmfighter can vouch for me on this.

It's no fun if super ridiculous champs come out every two or so weeks and make LoL the very definition of "no fun allowed" until the patches come.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: August 09, 2012, 03:53:44 pm »

I think the biggest problem with new champions that exaggerates any amount of OP is that literally everyone is a "bad" against them for the first few days. This is made worse by the fact that everyone is going to be playing them in that time period.

Also the amount of champions that are overpowered at release tends to be greatly exaggerated.

Looking at the last 10 champions:
Zyra - OP
Jayce - balanced
Draven - balanced
Darius - OP
Varus - UP
Hecarim - UP
Lulu - OP
Fiora - balanced
Nautilus - OP
Ziggs - balanced

Only four of ten were released overpowered, if you go by post-release nerfs and buffs. I'm not counting Ziggs as OP because he's been nerfed in some areas and buffed in others, so I think they were just shifting his power around.

They definitely err on the side of power, but they've been getting far better recently. About a year ago, I'd expect 8 of those 10 champions to have been released overpowered, not 4. The PBE has greatly smoothed out the power level that champions get released at. For instance, launch Darius got some significant nerfs from the Darius that was released on the PBE. There's nothing like launch Xin Zhao or Leblanc coming out anymore.

And I'd argue that bad champion releases are more disastrous than OP releases. Anyone who was around for Yorick should be familiar with this.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: August 09, 2012, 03:55:02 pm »

My god. I'd thought I'd seen everything. A level 30 1k win player just called ap Yi op, then went on to call *Nidalee* op. I don't even...

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:59 pm »

Yeah champion critique is ridiculous but if your going to do it then do it right :P

Diana
Strengths: AOE damage, ability to jungle as an assassin, some tankiness
Weaknesses: NO escapability, reliant on sustained damage for full burst combo, wonkiest skillshot in the game

She has an escape in the form of her ulti which can be used on creeps and unlike Katarina or Akali who have similar abilities to escape she can use it with her Q on targets she can't see so can use on jungle through walls, although Katarina's is nice on using on friendly targets to escape like Lee Sin and Akali has her stealth bomb for handy escapes I wouldn't say Diana has no escapability. Wonky skillshot I wouldn't say is a weakness, it's quite handy as it does a great angle on fighting creep waves and is unusual by being attacked sideways from a front on angle unlike every other skillshot. The reliance on sustained damage I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that she has a pull/slow combination along with the dash ulti which can be hit for free on successful Q so always sure to be close to target even if they flash after you dash and almost forgot the extra attack speed she gets.

Darius
Strengths: Ridiculous damage, ridiculousness stickiness, execution move
Weaknesses: Arguably more kiteable than Udyr, everything in his kit is reliant on him hitting you for a while (passive stacks, W refresh, ult execution) meaning that if he doesn't get those hits in he's completely useless, tremendously weak against armor stacking, needs to build squishier than most tanky DPS to get his damage

This is a very weird weakness description. Melee champs can be kited... big surprise... he has a nice pull, can slow and gets speed buff on hitting, yes he can be kited by Ezreal but he can outfarm his opponent if being kited so doesn't matter if he gets kited and because he innately does shit loads of damage he can build as an off-tank easily and still be dealing lots of damage.

Hecarim
Strengths: Mobility, good initiation
Weaknesses: Very little CC, no burst whatsoever without ult

How is no burst a weakness on a bruiser? It's like a freaking observation, you might as well say uses mana as a weakness, he has a knockback CC and he has a fear with ulti. With his super speed he doesn't need any slow CC. Although I wouldn't say Hecarim is OP, he doesn't do that much damage easily so has to work at being an off-tank or damage dealer, he is great for herding champions into killing areas but not great at finishing them off solo.

Ahri
Strengths: Great burst, huge mobility, true damage
Weaknesses: All skillshots all the time, needs to blow her whole kit to burst people (moreso than most mages, and puts herself in a weaker position than most when she does it)

She only needs to use her whole kit to burst down a full health champ, same for many champs so I can't really say this is a weakness, I don't think there is any champion which doesn't need to use 3-4 abilities to burst kill an enemy champ at full health without being fed already. Skillshots are a mixed bag in my opinion, they do tend to be harder to hit enemies with but they make up for it with increased damage and/or increased range so I can't say it's really a weakness. It would definitely be a strength if she could do the same without needing a skillshot but I can't say it's a weakness.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: August 09, 2012, 05:33:22 pm »

Your Red post digest for the day!
Xeph talks about the issues with making a purely AD Caster item, and how tanky dps or ranged AD would benefit from it more than the ad casters themselves. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2456172

Runaan AMA about Diana's lore and her connections with other champs. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2452325

Ames asks the forums for feedback to make Karma better without taking away her Karma-ness. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2451177

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: August 09, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »

Pretty sure me and Jelle can make sure that Akali is better than Akali2.0. Not in terms of early burstiness, but that Vlad-Play. Got spanked so hard early by Akali2.0 but when I had my ult, I just needed her to greed with HER ult and die at the hands of a tower. After that, I had my phage, so I could grab another kill (And somehow that gave me enough money to get a giants belt and a staff, so I could proceed with Rylais).

Jelle might disagree though, since he got kinda turned off with having a black&white match as Trundle. xD

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:53 pm »

Katarina Rework is go. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-relaunch-katarina-sinister-blade
New W that isn't really clear how it works, Q is now an Akali Q that bounces, E always reduces damage, and it looks like she got a new model, which is a big plus.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: August 09, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »

Katarina Rework is go. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-relaunch-katarina-sinister-blade
New W that isn't really clear how it works, Q is now an Akali Q that bounces, E always reduces damage, and it looks like she got a new model, which is a big plus.

Aw sweet, maybe people won't think she's wearing a red cape anymore.

I'm assuming her W is just a regular position based AOE damage spell like Akali's E, Amumu's E, etc.

Your Red post digest for the day!
Xeph talks about the issues with making a purely AD Caster item, and how tanky dps or ranged AD would benefit from it more than the ad casters themselves. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2456172

This is a really good discussion. I'm usually a big fan of Xypherous since I agree with him on design so much, but this is particularly good since it addresses what has been a decently big community issue.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: August 09, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »

Yeah, Katarina definitely got a new model. RIP Octopus hair 2010-2012.

EDIT: Because I haven't been news bombing enough already, Rengar is out on PBE. Get him while he's hot. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/08/8-9-pbe-update.html
He's pretty godlike when it comes to killing turrets. He gives Yi a run for his money...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:22:07 am by frostshotgg »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: August 10, 2012, 12:45:01 am »

Heeeeeyyy. Rengar looks kinda' like Mundo, t'me. Dat bolo (cleaver), dat q (masochism). Dat oddly placed (much better ratio) AP scaling AoE w/ buff (spinnies). Dat MS boost wit' resource gain ult. Obviously different in some key ways, but what I'm saying is if dat bolo is a long-ish range skillshot, Frumple thinks Frumple likey.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: August 10, 2012, 12:46:31 am »

Almost all wins today. That last one was bot volibear as well.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: August 10, 2012, 01:53:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

500 elo is just too fun.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1067