Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271023 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9495 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:29 pm »

So I just played a game as 4/3/10 sona where our Diana went 24/2. She's pretty ridiculous.
Wtf. She's stupidly powerful, and requires less skill than Akali to get a kill.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »

And then I played Teemo for a game and rocked as him. He's seriously like the best solo top champion as long as you're not facing Wukong.
Believe it or not, a skilled Riven will beat an equally skilled Teemo at a high enough level of play. Riven can easily melt 3/4s of teemos bar and he can't really retaliate that early on.

And then he gets blind and things become tricky. Tricky, but not impossible.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: August 07, 2012, 10:00:56 pm »

Interesting article on Azubu Blaze's strategy at MLG Arena. A good read:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=358872

The most spectacular aspect may have been the early tower pushes. However, they may have blown up the 0 CS support meta, too:
For nearly the entirety of LoL, and in much of western DotA, support items have been considered something your support gets when they finally bank the money for it. In fact, the idea of the 0cs support is burned into the brains of the LoL community. However, Azubu has recognised just how valuable support items are. During the group stages, whenever someone recalled to heal or buy, Azubu`Lustboy would often and proceed to farm the minions there.

Take the third TSM v Azubu game from the Group Stages. Lulu rotated mid to farm the waves there. Mid lane rotated to the jungle or recalled. The jungler rotated to top lane or recalled. Top lane recalled or went bot. Like clockwork, Azubu would shift lanes to utilise their time and gold efficiently. But throughout this, Lulu would find farm. Indeed, by the mid-game mark, Lulu was sporting over 60 cs. That's unheard of in professional play. That's almost the level of farm some junglers would have.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: August 07, 2012, 11:51:10 pm »

That looks pretty cool.

They're really liking the item-as-a-passive champions this year. I thought Viktor would be the only one we got for a long ass time.

I don't think we can make generalizations based on two champions xD

Yeah. I meant it more because I thought Viktor would be one of those champions that had a pretty much unique mechanic that I didn't think would get repeated any time soon, much less within a year. Like, say, Rumble. I don't really expect another heat champion any time soon.

And then I played Teemo for a game and rocked as him. He's seriously like the best solo top champion as long as you're not facing Wukong.

Believe it or not, a skilled Riven will beat an equally skilled Teemo at a high enough level of play. Riven can easily melt 3/4s of teemos bar and he can't really retaliate that early on.

And then he gets blind and things become tricky. Tricky, but not impossible.

I completely believe it. By Wukong I sort of meant "Any melee that can do significant damage while ignoring blind". I've just only faced Wukong since I've really only played like five solo top Teemo games. But I like exaggerating my own champions.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: August 08, 2012, 02:44:53 am »

With a useless team featuring AD carry Sona, and without being fed in the beginning, she gets 23 kills despite losing to our AD carry Sivir.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: August 08, 2012, 06:01:43 am »

Azubu Blaze versus Xenics Storm is live now - a chance to see how well a strong local rival deals with Blaze's early game strategy:
http://sv.twitch.tv/azubulive/popout
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:07:20 am by baruk »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9501 on: August 08, 2012, 06:07:11 am »

Looking at that Regnar thing, a new champion with a leap?
My god, it can't be! A melee (who is probably going to be tanky DPS) has a gapcloser? I bet he also has smething to boost his damage allowing his items to be just like every other tanky DPS has! I'm also fairly certain he has a stun. God bless Riot if he doesn't have hard cc.
5 ferocity from the item also makes me think that he has 2 passives, and he gains ferocity by attacking probably. Maybe max of 20/25 ferocity, he gains 1 per attack, or like 5 per kill or something. This probably buffs his damage.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: August 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am »

Hey I got bored of the regular SR, to bright and colorful for me so I tweaked it a bit.
Could you guys give me some feedback on it. :)

Warning, big images!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9503 on: August 08, 2012, 11:38:15 am »

Hey I got bored of the regular SR, to bright and colorful for me so I tweaked it a bit.
Could you guys give me some feedback on it. :)

Warning, big images!

Looks really nice, kinda like the sky would be cloudy.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: August 08, 2012, 12:13:39 pm »

So, question related to what was mentioned about melee champs and gap closers. What's a good alternative? I agree that it's a bit unfortunate that if a champion has to get into melee range to do damage they typically have a gap closing skill, but I've thought about it a little and haven't come up with much. I guess something like a short duration invulnerability/CC immunity on a medium cooldown that stops you from attacking or using skills could be neat, if potentially hard to balance, but are there other ideas (even if they're from other MOBA games... my DotA/HoN experience is a little limited)?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:54 pm »

Pulls are a good alternative. Blitzcrank wrecks ranged, if only people would use him outside support.
Also temporary speedbursts. Udyr and nocturne come to mind. Nocturne has that fear as well.

I guess there'd be stealth, if only riot didn't botch up Eve's rework so badly. Still got shaco using stealth to get in range but I guess that's half a flash as well anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing some abilities that punish opponents from running, or specificly running away perhaps. I distinctly recall a champion that had an ability that did massive damage whenever the opponent moved in HoN, for the brief period I played it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:22:27 pm by Jelle »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: August 08, 2012, 12:31:30 pm »

Yeah, there's a dota champ (Blood something or other, iirc) that has an ability that deals damage based on how much you move while under its effect. As I vaguely remember HoN mostly just ripping everything straight for DotA (has that got any better over time?), I imagine it's in there, too.

LoL does have a couple abilities based on stuff like that... Vayne's passive, Tryn's shout-thingy, maybe more. Dashes/MS buffs are less powerful than pulls, though, so it's kinda' understandable why pulls aren't used quite as much. Harder to balance around. Not an argument against their use, per se, but a fair reason they're not as common.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: August 08, 2012, 12:50:06 pm »

Pulls are a good alternative. Blitzcrank wrecks ranged, if only people would use him outside support.
Also temporary speedbursts. Udyr and nocturne come to mind. Nocturne has that fear as well.

I guess there'd be stealth, if only riot didn't botch up Eve's rework so badly. Still got shaco using stealth to get in range but I guess that's half a flash as well anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing some abilities that punish opponents from running, or specificly running away perhaps. I distinctly recall a champion that had an ability that did massive damage whenever the opponent moved in HoN, for the brief period I played it.
Well, Shaco's backstab punishes people for running. Beyond that, yeah I dunno....maybe an AoE that does more damage at the edges than up close? Or something like Veigar's stun-circle, where as long as you stay inside the circle you're fine, it's when you try to run that you get stunned. Of course, that still works as CC to help set up AoE ults and such.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: August 08, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »

Jelle, what exact changes did you make?

Because that looks rather neat, much more atmospheric than the usual map.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: August 08, 2012, 01:23:20 pm »

It looks like he put a blue overlay on all of the map. I'd say it looks neat, but I've a program on my computer called f.lux that changes my screen through the day to be easier on the eyes, and it might just be me.
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1067