Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271015 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9480 on: August 07, 2012, 12:45:29 pm »

She has an ult similar to Akali and I guess her skills' flavors are similar (one that's ranged damage, one that's survivability-based, and one that's self-centered AoE, but I feel like there are a lot of champs with those flavors), but... her ranged attack is very different, her survivability is completely different, and her self-targeted AoE is meant to be used for control, not damage (although I imagine it probably does decent damage). I keep seeing the comparisons, but beyond the ult (and I guess the general assassin flavor?) there are a lot of differences.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: August 07, 2012, 12:50:16 pm »

All of the various League of Legends musics things are going up on soundcloud. Might want to add this to the OP.
http://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: August 07, 2012, 12:52:23 pm »

She looks like Akali, but she doesn't feel like Akali when you play her. That's the best I can describe it.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:59 pm »

So the highest ranked player on US, at least for right now, is a support - and he's answering questions on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/xtewc/hello_im_orb_lemonnation_i_play_only_support_and/

2747 elo.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: August 07, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »

So another champ has caught my eye, Viktor. When he came out I didn't think much of him really, didn't seem interesting.

But I've played a few games with him, and I have to say, he's won me over simply with that E. That damn thing is so much fun to spam and poke and harrass and completely zone whoever you get matched against it's not even funny. By level 5-6 it's doing a very nice 300-ish damage if I've got some AP, which is pretty awesome since it allows me to pick up a kill the moment I hit 6.

His other skills are kinda off I feel, but I haven't been really using those much, the Q is merely an afterhought and the W while very nice is somewhat hard to place properly.

Still, if Zyra turns out as interesting and fun as this I'm going to have a hard time deciding on my new AP champ.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: August 07, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »

Viktor does stupid amounts of damage.

Also I'm finally getting Diana in a game. This is harder than it should be.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:20 pm »

Viktor does TONS OF DAMAGE, and he's not really as bad as he's thought to be. He's just very under the radar, and those e bugs are killer.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »

Yeah, that E does disappear quite often, but I find it still does damage if it was supposed to hit. So no biggie.

What I like is how much AP he gains without any items, that combined with my almost full AP/lvl runepage is quite a dangerous combo.

Also never have I finished his build, closest I came was five items, had 700-ish AP when the match ended ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: August 07, 2012, 03:43:52 pm »

Diana is a fun and strong combo assassin. My only criticism is that she doesn't feel like that deep of a champion, but that might just be because Zyra and Jayce just came out. Also she's Lady Gaga.

And then I played Teemo for a game and rocked as him. He's seriously like the best solo top champion as long as you're not facing Wukong.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: August 07, 2012, 04:04:17 pm »

She looks like Akali with a bit of Leona added in for tankiness, and rather than benefiting others with her skills she benefits only herself.

Scratch that, Akali plus Blitzcrank. A terrifying combo, since she can pull you in as well as launch herself at you, all whilst being tanky and bursty. She looks a bit scary, even thinking about item builds such as RoA for added tank, Rylais and Gunblade for the slow and lots of AP, Deathcap for the rape, and maybe a Zonyas or Abyssal depending on what you need as far as armor or MR.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: August 07, 2012, 05:09:56 pm »

That looks pretty cool.

They're really liking the item-as-a-passive champions this year. I thought Viktor would be the only one we got for a long ass time.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: August 07, 2012, 05:14:24 pm »

That looks pretty cool.

They're really liking the item-as-a-passive champions this year. I thought Viktor would be the only one we got for a long ass time.

I don't think we can make generalizations based on two champions xD

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:10 pm »

That looks pretty cool.

I don't think we can make generalizations based on two champions xD
There's a second one? (excluding this new one)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: August 07, 2012, 08:04:03 pm »

So I just played a game as 4/3/10 sona where our Diana went 24/2. She's pretty ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 1067