Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271094 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9405 on: August 02, 2012, 11:16:10 am »

The Amumu nerf isn't all that bad, tbh. (at least the way I play him). And the reduced mana cost for Tantrum is a nice counterbalance. I rely pretty heavily on Despair, and only use Bandage Toss + Tantrum as a way to snag and nuke champs that are wounded and trying to run for it.

I'm more irked about the way they keep steadily nerfing Xin Zhao into the ground.  :-\

This is the first nerf for Xin Zhao after his rework.
I consider the rework a nerf.
^

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: August 02, 2012, 11:29:44 am »

Nobody else does. Xin has been kicking way more ass since the remake.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: August 02, 2012, 11:42:09 am »

The Amumu nerf isn't all that bad, tbh. (at least the way I play him). And the reduced mana cost for Tantrum is a nice counterbalance. I rely pretty heavily on Despair, and only use Bandage Toss + Tantrum as a way to snag and nuke champs that are wounded and trying to run for it.

I'm more irked about the way they keep steadily nerfing Xin Zhao into the ground.  :-\

Here's an analysis of how the reworks have affected the game:
http://www.lolking.net/news/analyze-this-evelynn-twitch-xin
 I've bolded the salient point:
Xin Zhao
Xin Zhao has been considered a bad pick for quite a while now. However, after the recent patch, he was completely remade and given significant buffs. As a result, he's been played a lot more with a drastically higher win percentage than before in both ranked and normal matches!
Before the patch he averaged 1-1.5% popularity in ranked games from all brackets and 9-10% in normals. His win percentage for both modes was around 45%.
Since the patch he's been in around 25% popularity for both normal and ranked. His win percentage also jumped into the early to mid fifties for both modes.
For comparison, the win rates for Evelynn and Twitch post-rework remained below 50%.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: August 02, 2012, 12:33:49 pm »

Xin definitely got buffed. He got scaling, so now his Q actually does damage past level 9, and his ult scales now too, not to mention he got another passive and some more cc. What did he lose? Heal from level 1, always on small AS steroid, and having his cooldowns tied to attack speed which he couldn't actually increase much that well because he had to be gimped for it because he scaled with AS so hard?

On another note, forums are throwing up a stink about Lux's R name being changed to Infinite Light. I honestly don't get why this is such a big issue. Before it was a ridiculously had to pronounce (I took a couple years of German in highschool, and I still had no clue how it was said until I heard it) and pointlessly complex reference (You have to know German, have played Touhou, and be able to make the jump from Final Spark to Master Spark, I believe it is) to something 90% of the game's population could give fewer fucks about. I'm a part of that 90% (I don't get what's up with fanaticism over Touhou at all. It's a bunch of girls through around magic and being really hard to dodge... Woo?) so I don't give a fuck either.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: August 02, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »

Well, as a German who also knows about and appreciates Touhou AND likes to play Lux every so often (if he actually plays)... this makes me a bit sad, especially because I don't quite like the sound of Infinite Light for that skill. The name lacks a certain... something. Perhaps because it isn't how the character would dub her attack, Lux is kind of geeky so I feel she'd go for -some- sort of reference or at least something vaguely anime-special-attack-sounding. Like, say, Solar Slave. I'd totally be down for that.
Perhaps that also makes people feel uneasy because it's kind of like erasing Shurelia's footprints, altering Lux' character a bit even.
How the skill is called is kind of a minor issue though. As long as it's still a sniping laser beam of goodness...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: August 02, 2012, 12:45:23 pm »

It's a bunch of girls through around magic and being really hard to dodge... Woo?
Oh you are so dead now.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:20 pm »

Really though I find Touhou to be less omnipresent these days than ponies.
I personally like Touhou because the games are actually good, although they're not even my favorite Bullet Hell. Also, it has something for everyone. Also also, the music is really damn sweet.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: August 02, 2012, 01:24:29 pm »

The namechange on lux's ultimate wouldn't bother me as much if they weren't changing it into something completely generic and stupid.
Perhaps if they took the literal translation, final spark, people wouldn't be so upset about it. But infinite light? Gah that sounds so dumb.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: August 02, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »

Xin Zhao
Xin Zhao has been considered a bad pick for quite a while now. However, after the recent patch, he was completely remade and given significant buffs. As a result, he's been played a lot more with a drastically higher win percentage than before in both ranked and normal matches!
Before the patch he averaged 1-1.5% popularity in ranked games from all brackets and 9-10% in normals. His win percentage for both modes was around 45%.
Since the patch he's been in around 25% popularity for both normal and ranked. His win percentage also jumped into the early to mid fifties for both modes.
For comparison, the win rates for Evelynn and Twitch post-rework remained below 50%.
To quote Twain, "There's lies, there's damned lies, and then there's statistics."
I can't fathom how Twitch's win rating is below 50%. Every Twitch I've ever seen has been a faceraping, O HAI U DEAD NAO bastard.

I do believe Xin's *easier* to play now than he was previously. I was terrible with him the first 10-15 matches after I bought him (pre-rework). I got better. Before, he was kind of feast or famine. If you did well early on (and he was built for early game dominance), you snowballed hard. If you got stymied in your lane, you were the red-headed stepchild for pretty much the rest of the game unless you could get on a roll.

Now he's better balanced but lacks that inherent tendency to win early and snowball. Which is a nerf, IMHO.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: August 02, 2012, 01:50:52 pm »

I can't fathom how Twitch's win rating is below 50%. Every Twitch I've ever seen has been a faceraping, O HAI U DEAD NAO bastard.
Some champs are champion pub stomping heroes but in serious play are difficult to use or get pounced on. The players that use them are either really, really good, or really, really bad.

Akali comes to mind, Eve...etc.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: August 02, 2012, 01:54:16 pm »

Xin Zhao
To quote Twain, "There's lies, there's damned lies, and then there's statistics."

I do believe Xin's *easier* to play now than he was previously. I was terrible with him the first 10-15 matches after I bought him (pre-rework). I got better. Before, he was kind of feast or famine. If you did well early on (and he was built for early game dominance), you snowballed hard. If you got stymied in your lane, you were the red-headed stepchild for pretty much the rest of the game unless you could get on a roll.

Now he's better balanced but lacks that inherent tendency to win early and snowball. Which is a nerf, IMHO.

He used to be such an excellent assassin/Tryndamere-YiThingy. Now he's just a darn bruiser/tankyDPS. He has the same frigging build as Darius everytime I see him. It was so easy to get kills as him unless you faced someone with a friggin' long silence or someone with a knockback, or Nasus slow.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: August 02, 2012, 02:10:11 pm »

He does appear to be much, much stronger as a top solo lane now, mainly due to the fact that if he gets three hits off with his Q, you've just taken around 300 damage. At level 1. So if he has Exhaust or early jungle support, he has now pretty much dominated that lane. Combined with his 320 base movespeed and early boots, you're highly unlikely to be able to get away from at least two attacks unless you're either heavily armored and can shrug them off anyway or out range him (and have plenty of CC to stop him from power-sliding into your face).

I think the nerfs were justified, because I've played around with him a few times and haven't lost a top lane. Especially when stacking armor pen marks and quintessences, as well as the relevant AD page.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: August 02, 2012, 02:12:42 pm »

Some champs are champion pub stomping heroes but in serious play are difficult to use or get pounced on. The players that use them are either really, really good, or really, really bad.

Akali comes to mind, Eve...etc.
Slightly off topic, but:

I was considering one of the things LoL lacks that DotA had, namely duplicate champions on the same team (as a specific mode). While I could understand the reasoning, I thought that could be interesting.

Then I imagined five Fiddlesticks bouncing down middle lane, laughed out loud, and went "Oh! That's why they don't allow that!" :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: August 02, 2012, 02:19:55 pm »

That thought is quite old actually. I believe the best one still was All Mid All Blitzcrank.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: August 02, 2012, 02:46:26 pm »

Every time i've seen him it has been "O HAI U- no YOU'RE dead !"

His invisibility is so short that you can predict easily where he is almost all the time and react accordingly. He can surprise you early game if he can nail you good, but if you're careful enough he's never a problem.

Eve, i think, is stronger now, but still below what she used to be when i started playing (january 2011). Which is probably a good thing, i remember having such a hard time against her that she was among the very first champions i got.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:51:40 pm by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1067