Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271192 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9390 on: August 01, 2012, 04:49:09 pm »

No more hilariously slow Brand fireblobs? Aww. The new Blaze effect is clever though, keeps it from being stuck between two minions for one.
Cho buffs? Did he even need those? Great QoL changes but sceptical about delay buffs.
AP Mumu nerfs? Which stream monster had a field day this time?
...nothing else much. Meh.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: August 01, 2012, 04:53:19 pm »

Oh dear god that Urgot nerf... First the range now the improved damage...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: August 01, 2012, 05:01:08 pm »

It's not a nerf. They gave him his early game damage slash damage without many items back because it now scales off total AD again, not just bonus AD (which is a device to get you to buy AD items, which Urgot is not made for)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: August 01, 2012, 05:04:38 pm »

Amumu nerfs make me sad. Evelynn and Rammus and Cho'Gath and Hecarim nbuffs make me happy. Good patch overall, I guess.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: August 01, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »

From an untested standpoint, Malady actually sounds like it synergizes well with Poppy. More attack speed means you're be hitting more often with your Paragon buff, and you'll probably hit three or so times between Devastating Blows, which are now stronger because Malady gives AP, to boot, and then there's the rest of your team that can benefit from the MR shredding if Poppy can't finish a target...

Note that the active on your W makes getting stacks for it by attacking less necessary than other champions with similar abilities.

I just think it's not worth an item slot compared to other stuff. I think it needs an upgrade. 25 AP is how much Sheen gives, and Sheen's passive is pretty much always better. And Sheen has two upgrades for when you need to have more than 25 AP and an early/midgame passive on an item.

Well yes as an AP item its pretty pathetic, but its not meant for building up AP. Tbh Malady is probably the most cost efficient item there is.

Malady costs 1825g, it gives 20 bonus magic damage for autoattacks (that's like 20 AD), 50% Attack Speed, 25 AP and shreds magic resistance by 6 per hit to a max of 24.

A Recurve Bow increases attack speed by 40% and costs 1050g, so for attack speed Malady gives something like 1300g worth, then the 25 AP makes up the rest seeing as amplifying tome costs 435g and gives you 20 AP, your pretty much getting 20AD and shredding magic resistance for free.

Malady is absolutely amazing for champs who use autoattacks to deal magic damage like Jax, Teemo, and Kog Maw. Malady + Mandred's on Kog destroys whatever comes into his attack range. The attack speed+ap+mag res shred+mag dmg all work well for a hybrid Poppy making her a killing machine!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: August 01, 2012, 06:44:14 pm »

It's not a nerf. They gave him his early game damage slash damage without many items back because it now scales off total AD again, not just bonus AD (which is a device to get you to buy AD items, which Urgot is not made for)
Oh trust me, an Urgot focusing AD is like Ez even touching hybrid or AP. Youre so devastating, especially with that bonus AD. And now he lost about 30% of his endgame damage. Sure he gets kills more easily early game now, but that's all there is. I dominated a fed Irelia with that bonus AD, and would've not allowed her to get fed if I had that range also :/

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19:31 pm »

Oh trust me, an Urgot focusing AD is like Ez even touching hybrid or AP. Youre so devastating, especially with that bonus AD. And now he lost about 30% of his endgame damage. Sure he gets kills more easily early game now, but that's all there is. I dominated a fed Irelia with that bonus AD, and would've not allowed her to get fed if I had that range also :/
Granted I did not play League for some time so I might be talking out of my ass / with outdated sheeple metagame data. Either way, this change benefits Tank/Bruiser Urgot which iirc was the orthodoxy there.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:04 pm »

Urgot needed that change reverted. I did an analysis of it back when that change was made, but it really fucked over building Urgot in any way.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: August 01, 2012, 07:43:54 pm »

Maybe squishy urgot was better, but squishy urgot also has a completely useless ult. The best build on him was brutalizer+frozen heart for a reason. You ride your bases to dominate early game and then tank lategame.

If you want someone who scales with AD lategame, play someone else whose kit isn't centered around short ranges and throwing yourself into their team when necessary.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: August 01, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

But the thing is Urgot was meant to be a tanky ranged AD. Without the buff, he had to sacrifice tankiness to get damage. It's like making Ryze an AP caster. You can do it, but it's not how it was intended and your short range is going to make you die really fast.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: August 02, 2012, 08:36:43 am »

The Amumu nerf isn't all that bad, tbh. (at least the way I play him). And the reduced mana cost for Tantrum is a nice counterbalance. I rely pretty heavily on Despair, and only use Bandage Toss + Tantrum as a way to snag and nuke champs that are wounded and trying to run for it.

I'm more irked about the way they keep steadily nerfing Xin Zhao into the ground.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #9401 on: August 02, 2012, 09:08:01 am »

Heeheeheehee. Tryndamere's fun. So many crits.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: August 02, 2012, 09:18:14 am »

The Amumu nerf isn't all that bad, tbh. (at least the way I play him). And the reduced mana cost for Tantrum is a nice counterbalance. I rely pretty heavily on Despair, and only use Bandage Toss + Tantrum as a way to snag and nuke champs that are wounded and trying to run for it.

I'm more irked about the way they keep steadily nerfing Xin Zhao into the ground.  :-\

This is the first nerf for Xin Zhao after his rework.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:16 am »

OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO EZREALS SPLASH ART!?!?!?!??!!?

*cries*
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: August 02, 2012, 10:05:03 am »

This is the first nerf for Xin Zhao after his rework.
I consider the rework a nerf.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1067