Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271198 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9375 on: August 01, 2012, 02:36:01 am »

Female Yordles are blue skinned and pretty much thats it.

'cause they used to be Meglings, which is an entirely different race - that got retconned out because two different midget size races apparently would be too confusing for your average LoL player.

Also,

Gentlemen; is there any Bay12 chatroom on EUW?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: August 01, 2012, 03:05:45 am »

If there isn't one there is now. Took the liberty to name it B12. If there is one under a different name let me know!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:43 am »

Female Yordles are blue skinned and pretty much thats it.

'cause they used to be Meglings, which is an entirely different race - that got retconned out because two different midget size races apparently would be too confusing for your average LoL player.
Man, this totally could have been a defining feature of the LoLverse- most races are actually really small, with humans being pretty massive, relatively speaking.

Would also explain the size of the minions neatly. They're not small, you're big!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55:47 am »

Whoa there guys, you're going off topic, remember this is the Poppy thread!
AD Poppy is the build I've had the most success with, and that AP Poppy is the one that's had the least amount of success historically, in pretty much every single category. AD has been good on SR and hybrid good on Dominion, AP nowhere.
I think one thing that's happening is people are underestimating the power of autoattacks without Q. Yeah, you can get 14 damage on Q or whatever for the price of 10 AD, but that 10 AD gets you 40 damage from normal autoattacks in the time you're dealing the 14 extra.
There are two basic types of fight - slugfests and kite fests. AD is always going to be more useful when you go toe to toe with other melee bruisers. If you're getting kited a lot, you just aren't going to land as many autoattacks, so your Q will form a greater proportion of your damage output. The question of whether AD, Hybrid or AP is better for you is going to vary a lot from game to game based on the team compositions.

And Poppy's ability to run through the enemy team as an assassin shouldn't be considered completely as a strength, because it's also a crutch. Yes, it's her greatest strength but the reason she has it is because she needs it. Veigar can't rush through the enemy team because he never needs to. You're like Tryndamere - if you seriously need your ult to be doing your job, then you're probably doing it wrong.
The potential of Poppy's ultimate is unmatched, and lets her do things to the enemy back line Veigar could only dream of.. other than the ult, she has quite a lot of built in survivability, that passive and the W giving her a respectable amount of tankiness. When the ult is on cooldown, she could fill a more defensive team fight role, using her E to displace anyone who jumps on the carry.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:01:35 am by baruk »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:03 am »

Annie is not a yordle. However, Ziggs, Hiemerdinger, and Veigar definitely are Yordle mids.
Total list: Amumu, Corki, Heimerdinger, Kennen, Lulu, Poppy, Rumble, Teemo, Tristana, Veigar, Ziggs.
Yeppers. My alt summoner on the NorthAm server is yordles-only. (xYordleKombatx).
So far I've got Amumu, Veigar and Poppy (and maybe Teemo?) in my stable. I've found that it's actually pretty easy to build a well-balanced batch of champions using only yordles. Just need Lulu and maybe Heimerdinger and I could play any role on a random 5-man. Plus, it's forced me to rediscover Amumu's inner badass.

At some point I need to practice with Kennen...not sure I've ever played him. All the rest of them I feel pretty confident with, although Corki can be tricky to play.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: August 01, 2012, 11:02:33 am »

I want to gut with a rusty saw those who buy/select champions based on their lore/race/alignment/color of shit as opposed to champions they are actually good with.

On that note, is there any lore explanation of how the same champion can simultaneously be on opposing teams?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:04:06 am by Dariush »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: August 01, 2012, 11:06:06 am »

For whatever reason, I never do well on kennen. I just always wind up feeding my ass off.
Ninjaedit: Normals/blind pick are just practice matches, not the real deal.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: August 01, 2012, 11:10:48 am »

I want to gut with a rusty saw those who buy/select champions based on their lore/race/alignment/color of shit as opposed to champions they are actually good with.

On that note, is there any lore explanation of how the same champion can simultaneously be on opposing teams?

That's just blind pick. In draft mode, it is not possible.
Also often called Boowells.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:47 am »

That's just blind pick. In draft mode, it is not possible.
Well, I know. I just hoped Riot would fit in at least a handwave to explain this. :(

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #9384 on: August 01, 2012, 11:15:53 am »

Magic.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: August 01, 2012, 11:20:58 am »

We also want more players for ARAM, because it's hilariously fun.
I recently uninstalled because even playing with people I know wasn't fun anymore, but I still like ARAM so I'd jump on and play with you guys. I'll reinstall and pop onto chat more often.

Magic.
It's quite literally this. I know items you buy are magical copies of the real thing kept somewhere else (either a vault or Doran's workshop or something, I don't remember), so you can have multiples easily. Repeat champions aren't explained in lore as far as I know, which is why you can't have multiples in games that "matter." The champions present in the games are the champions, not some magical copy, but they're protected from death while they're being summoned. I need to find the actual lore... it's probably on the LoL wiki somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:25:30 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: August 01, 2012, 11:53:02 am »

From an untested standpoint, Malady actually sounds like it synergizes well with Poppy. More attack speed means you're be hitting more often with your Paragon buff, and you'll probably hit three or so times between Devastating Blows, which are now stronger because Malady gives AP, to boot, and then there's the rest of your team that can benefit from the MR shredding if Poppy can't finish a target...

Note that the active on your W makes getting stacks for it by attacking less necessary than other champions with similar abilities.

I just think it's not worth an item slot compared to other stuff. I think it needs an upgrade. 25 AP is how much Sheen gives, and Sheen's passive is pretty much always better. And Sheen has two upgrades for when you need to have more than 25 AP and an early/midgame passive on an item.

That all being said, I'm really looking forward to the Cho'Gath quality-of-life buffs. I can't count how many times I've died because of his long windups on everything.

The Cho buffs are going to be great, but I'm really excited for the Hecarim buffs.

It's surprising how much of a difference these little tweaks tend to make.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: August 01, 2012, 03:46:37 pm »

::)
Unless, of course, you're proficient enough with the game that you can play competently with most anybody. I tire of playing the same small handful of champs all day long. Imposing self-restrictions is a good way to force myself outside that comfort zone and improve.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: August 01, 2012, 04:38:08 pm »

For the most part I only play what I like, which is mainly female characters and mainly support/AP caster - and mainly high execution level champs. It doesn't impact my performance much, LoL is a really really easy game from the technical perspective. I like to be challenged in some way by execution, though, so I don't like faceroll champs all that much (if they aren't really fun to play)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: August 01, 2012, 04:41:45 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/early-august-patch-notes
Patch notes out.
Diana MIA
Amumu, Janna, Rumble, Xin, Yorick nerfed.
Brand, Cho'Gath, Evelynn, Twitch, Hecarim, Rammus, Urgot buffed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I like this patch. No sweeping gameplay changes.
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1067