Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271197 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9360 on: July 31, 2012, 04:47:05 pm »

Multiple Trinity Forces is pants on head retarded. Sorc Shoes + Wriggles(sell for Bloodthirster but not neccessary) + Trinity Force + Wit's End + Malady + Infinity Edge is a pretty strong Poppy.
>Sorc Shoes
>Malady
Pick one, you're wasting 1K gold otherwise.
Actually...
>Not On-hit build
>Malady
Pick one of those. Malady really has no place on anybody but Teemo and on-hit builds.

Stacking TFs might seem stupid, but the pure stat effectiveness is great. 180 AD and AP, something like 1500 HP and 1800 mana, a ton of AS, crit, and enough MS to not need boots? I'm in.

The biggest complaint that most people have with stacking them is the cost, but (A good) Poppy should be farming enemy champions anyways. Gold really isn't an issue past laning.

Oh god, I can't believe im getting trolled so bad. So you start of buy saying it's a waste of money to buy Malady and Sorc Shoes, then you say gold isn't an issue so stack TriForces....

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: July 31, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »

Okay, so ask yourself which one of these is more hilarious, and therefore more likely to be a joke: malady + sorcs, or six triforces.

Also yeah I'd never ever buy a Malady on Poppy.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: July 31, 2012, 07:37:57 pm »

There's some amount of satire to mine. The only thing I've been serious about were the critisms.  Near as I can tell everyone but Sharp is (Should that be is or are?) getting it. I think his head is actually so far up his intestines he was serious about Sorcs+Malady...
 Hybrid Poppy actually looks something like the builds baruk posted. The only absolute core is TF, but Reverie  is extremely common as well.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: July 31, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »

If you removed all the theorycrafting arguments from this thread, it'd be 95% shorter :P

Once again, if you want in with a low rage, fun LoL experience in which we resign ourselves to hilarity and/or failure, join us on the US servers by adding me: KaelGotRice, or by joining the DFC teamspeak - IP and password in signature below. V

We also want more players for ARAM, because it's hilariously fun.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:32:56 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: July 31, 2012, 10:20:16 pm »

I've had mixed experience with ARAM. On one hand, it can be hilarious, on the other the enemy team has an annoying habit of getting bullshit comps. I'm looking at you, Lux/Ziggs/Karthus/Shen/Kayle. I had a good long cry after that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9365 on: July 31, 2012, 11:15:22 pm »

Funny how the thread seems pretty silent often, then someone talks about playing Co-Op vs AI and we get decent talk. Then someone mentions Poppy and BAM, thread is on hypermode (considering it's usual rate)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: July 31, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »

Poppy cannot help that Poppy is a sexy beast that gets all the people talking. Yordles got some swang, mang.

... that is what they are, right? Yordles or something? I was vaguely amused when I realized Amumu's one. All yord team definitely viable, methinks. Poppy top, Mumu jungle, annie mid, trist/lulu bottom. Something like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: July 31, 2012, 11:30:56 pm »

I don't think annie is a yordle, I think she is just a child.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: July 31, 2012, 11:31:45 pm »

From an untested standpoint, Malady actually sounds like it synergizes well with Poppy. More attack speed means you're be hitting more often with your Paragon buff, and you'll probably hit three or so times between Devastating Blows, which are now stronger because Malady gives AP, to boot, and then there's the rest of your team that can benefit from the MR shredding if Poppy can't finish a target...

I cannot be clear enough about this: Disagreement is not trolling. Different builds are not trolling. Defying the metagame is not trolling. Trolling is being as much of an asshole as one can be to one or more people with the intent of ruining one's day, like barreling down the entirety of midlane as Singed for the first thirty minutes of a match, or passive-aggressively insulting someone else because your theorycraft is bigger than the other guy's.

Get over yourselves, get over your differences, and play some Armok-forsaken League of Legends if you really want to test the numbers.

That all being said, I'm really looking forward to the Cho'Gath quality-of-life buffs. I can't count how many times I've died because of his long windups on everything.

For Malady, it's not a matter of the stats being effective on Poppy. They are. It's a matter of Malady being effective in general. It's not very gold-efficient, even with the passive. If I were to build a few on-hit items, I'd build Wit's End for the squishies and Bloodrazor for the tankier characters. Malady just doesn't seem to fit in comparison to more gold-efficient items.

As to Cho'Gath... Heck yeah! I play Cho'Gath middle and eat foxy bitches (YEAH, TAKE THAT). He's got such great stats and it's only going to get better now. Hoping to pick up that Battlecast Cho'Gath, too. I don't know why Cho isn't played more, because he feels really powerful in lane.
Also often called Boowells.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: July 31, 2012, 11:33:55 pm »

From an untested standpoint, Malady actually sounds like it synergizes well with Poppy. More attack speed means you're be hitting more often with your Paragon buff, and you'll probably hit three or so times between Devastating Blows, which are now stronger because Malady gives AP, to boot, and then there's the rest of your team that can benefit from the MR shredding if Poppy can't finish a target...

I cannot be clear enough about this: Disagreement is not trolling. Different builds are not trolling. Defying the metagame is not trolling. Trolling is being as much of an asshole as one can be to one or more people with the intent of ruining one's day, like barreling down the entirety of midlane as Singed for the first thirty minutes of a match, or passive-aggressively insulting someone else because your theorycraft is bigger than the other guy's.

Get over yourselves, get over your differences, and play some Armok-forsaken League of Legends if you really want to test the numbers.

That all being said, I'm really looking forward to the Cho'Gath quality-of-life buffs. I can't count how many times I've died because of his long windups on everything.

For Malady, it's not a matter of the stats being effective on Poppy. They are. It's a matter of Malady being effective in general. It's not very gold-efficient, even with the passive. If I were to build a few on-hit items, I'd build Wit's End for the squishies and Bloodrazor for the tankier characters. Malady just doesn't seem to fit in comparison to more gold-efficient items.

As to Cho'Gath... Heck yeah! I play Cho'Gath middle and eat foxy bitches (YEAH, TAKE THAT). He's got such great stats and it's only going to get better now. Hoping to pick up that Battlecast Cho'Gath, too. I don't know why Cho isn't played more, because he feels really powerful in lane.

his stomp is just too easy to dodge, gets really really hard to hit as the players you go against get tougher.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: July 31, 2012, 11:37:25 pm »

Annie is not a yordle. However, Ziggs, Hiemerdinger, and Veigar definitely are Yordle mids.
Total list: Amumu, Corki, Heimerdinger, Kennen, Lulu, Poppy, Rumble, Teemo, Tristana, Veigar, Ziggs.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:50 pm »

his stomp is just too easy to dodge, gets really really hard to hit as the players you go against get tougher.

That's what the QoL changes are for. It's going to make it harder to dodge. Patch notes are up and the stomp/silence are having their cast times reduced.
Also often called Boowells.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: August 01, 2012, 12:24:48 am »

Annie's just short, huh? Well, alright. Midget war brigade is also sufficient.

S'there anyone else besides the yordle list and Annie that's tiny? Nunu, maybe? The yeti-thing's more mount than main character, right? Stuff like skarner wouldn't count, but if there's anyone else small ridin' somethin', that'd be coo'. No one over this height may ride with the war brigade.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: August 01, 2012, 12:37:12 am »

Annie and Nunu are just kids, the latter of which rides a Yeti named Willump. They will presumably grow up to be normal-sized.

Fizz is not a Yordle, but definitely short.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9374 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:36 am »

Female Yordles are blue skinned and pretty much thats it. Annie doesn't have blue skin so she is just a human girl.
Male Yordles have fur which is kinda weird. Fizz isn't one cause he is a fish. And since Amumu is an Yordle, I'd imagine that he has fur as well. Or at least had fur before he became a mummy.
Amumu also probably looks like a mouse or something like that, kinda like Teemo and Kennen and Rumble. Weird to imagine Amumu like that.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:45:13 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1067