Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271511 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9345 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:23 am »

As mentioned above, hybrid Poppy is multiple Trinity Forces with a gunblade if you need the sustain for extended teamfights/baron solos.

AD Poppy is pretty much Yi build or ranged AD build, because she can get away with it because she's so naturally hard to kill.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: July 31, 2012, 09:54:49 am »

Gentlemen; is there any Bay12 chatroom on EUW?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: July 31, 2012, 09:59:25 am »

Wow I hate this fucking game....
Support Teemos, Support Jayce, motherfucking 9 player rages, entire troll teams...
Yeah, I think this warrants an uninstall.
Any time you see something like that, the best thing to do is to play a character you want to learn. If you take the game too seriously, then you're going to have a lot of holes in your walls.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: July 31, 2012, 10:05:32 am »

Doesn't hurt that the other team looks like they were terrible, except for Ezreal. Lemme guess, Ezrael vs. your Ashe mid?
Nope, Cait vs Ezreal. But yeah, they kinda sucked. :D

If you take the game too seriously, then you're going to have a lot of holes in your walls.
Glory holes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: July 31, 2012, 10:19:10 am »

If you take the game too seriously, then you're going to have a lot of holes in your walls.
Glory holes.
???
To quote Inigo Montoya, "I do not think that means what you think it means."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: July 31, 2012, 10:24:51 am »

As mentioned above, hybrid Poppy is multiple Trinity Forces with a gunblade if you need the sustain for extended teamfights/baron solos.

AD Poppy is pretty much Yi build or ranged AD build, because she can get away with it because she's so naturally hard to kill.

Multiple Trinity Forces is pants on head retarded. Sorc Shoes + Wriggles(sell for Bloodthirster but not neccessary) + Trinity Force + Wit's End + Malady + Infinity Edge is a pretty strong Poppy.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: July 31, 2012, 10:32:20 am »

Glory holes.
???
To quote Inigo Montoya, "I do not think that means what you think it means."
It means exactly what I think it means, and specifically what it means in LoL's context, where any hole in a wall automatically becomes a glory hole.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: July 31, 2012, 10:54:59 am »

Multiple Trinity Forces is pants on head retarded. Sorc Shoes + Wriggles(sell for Bloodthirster but not neccessary) + Trinity Force + Wit's End + Malady + Infinity Edge is a pretty strong Poppy.

Don't insult Trinity Force.

You've been warned. I've built it on Nautilus before.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:56 am »

Stacking Triforces' does seem very silly and very inefficient cost-wise.

So, basically, AD Poppy is basically a ranged AD carry build? As in, IE, PD, BT and etcetera, while using her abilities to get an extra damage punch? I'm guessing in AD Poppy builds the skill order is W>E>Q, directly opposite from the AP skill order.

I'm not sure if a hybrid Poppy would work, actually. The build I have for a hybrid poppy is Triforce, Gunblade, DFG, Guinsoos, and maybe a tanky item or two in there. You could substitute one of the tanky items for more AP or AD, I suppose.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: July 31, 2012, 11:32:36 am »

Wasn't there a time, long, long, long ago, when Trinity procs stacked?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: July 31, 2012, 12:16:55 pm »

Stacking trinity is pretty dumb if you ask me, building multiple sheen is almost pointless. Zeals stack nicely though, and more phage is not all to bad either but not great.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: July 31, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

I just realized how much I miss building three or four philosopher's stones on Poppy.

Also I don't build AD Poppy like a ranged carry. More like the squishiest end of the tanky DPS spectrum. Triforce, Bloodthirster, maybe Maw? I haven't played her since Maw has existed but it seems like it would work great with her passive. If you just stack squishy stuff then you're going to end up being a worse version of Tryndamere/Fiora.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: July 31, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »

Wasn't there a time, long, long, long ago, when Trinity procs stacked?

There was a time where many items stacked, dunno about Tri Force though, multiple Avarice Blades were the absolute dogs bollocks on Gangplank, just criting everything and earning the fat stacks.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: July 31, 2012, 03:04:37 pm »

>Sorc Shoes
>Malady
Pick one, you're wasting 1K gold otherwise.
Actually...
>Not On-hit build
>Malady
Pick one of those. Malady really has no place on anybody but Teemo and on-hit builds.

Stacking TFs might seem stupid, but the pure stat effectiveness is great. 180 AD and AP, something like 1500 HP and 1800 mana, a ton of AS, crit, and enough MS to not need boots? I'm in.

The biggest complaint that most people have with stacking them is the cost, but (A good) Poppy should be farming enemy champions anyways. Gold really isn't an issue past laning.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: July 31, 2012, 03:33:15 pm »

I figured that the stacking trinity forces thing was just frostshot's odd sense of humour at work. Poppy's weakness (in SR at least) is farming up enough to be effective, so she can't really afford to waste gold on redundant stats - she needs an efficient build without an ounce of fat on it.
 Spamhappy/Zekent and Malmortius have played more Poppy than most - they seem to agree on getting an early philosopher's stone, followed by a sheen. Trinity Force is core, filling out the rest of the build according to the situation - a typical 6-item final build would be mercury treads, trinity force, shurelya's reverie, hextech gunblade, infinity edge and quicksilver sash.

Spamhappy's guide:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=16923
Malmortius's guide:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6671

In Dominion, you get to bypass the minion farming part of the game, without this weakness Poppy is always a force to be reckoned with. My current Dominion build for Poppy is as follows:
- start with boots, pickaxe and one healing potion
- prioritise a bilgewater cutlass. The ranged slow will let you grab a bunch of kills you might otherwise miss (if you were relying on a phage, say).
- I go for sorceror shoes to enhance my Q damage (which I level up first), but merc treads and ionian boots of lucidity are both good alternatives to consider.
- Sheen is next. For the major part of the game, you will rely on this core of sorc shoes, cutlass and sheen - 4185 gold's worth of highly effective hybrid items - better than a trinity force, I would suggest. I challenge anyone to figure out a better build for this amount of gold!
- Finish the hextech gunblade, finish the trinity force and add a maw of malmortius to the mix, not necessarily in that order.
- Dominion games hardly ever last long enough to finish a 5th and 6th item, so I could really say anything at this point. Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer would be uncontroversial choices. Capping CDR for an even more spammable Q is also worth considering.
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 1067