Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271652 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9255 on: July 27, 2012, 10:10:14 am »

Last night reminded me why I don't do PvP. I was Amumu, rest of the team was Nocturne, Vayne, Master Yi, Kayle.
Enemy team was Zilean, Master Yi, Caitlyn, Brand, and Vayne.
Surrendered at 20m because kill ratio was 7-32. I was 4/4/2. Everyone else was in the range of 1/8/0 or so. Don't think our Yi *ever* got a kill.

See, in a bot match if my team is composed of so much fail, I can still usually pull out a win through sheer force of will (and shitloads of solo laning and snowballing). In a PvP match, the enemy team rather quickly figured out I was the only actual threat and began focusing me down at every opportunity. And more often than not, soloqueue PvP teams seem to be made of weaponized fail.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9256 on: July 27, 2012, 10:50:54 am »

GPs Q easily hits for 2k+ damage.
Easily, sure, but you need IE and Black Cleaver and 2 x Bloodthirster and a lucky crit for that. So yeah, easily, but not reliably, and you need a shitton of items for that to happen.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10:18 pm »

(Fuck quotes right now) Ok, so basically, AD/Hybrid Poppies do just as much as, if not more Physical damage than Magic damage, therefore Sorc is a bad choice for them. AP poppy is Veigar but without AoE farm, short range, and less teamfight presence, and therefore shouldn't be played, leaving no playstyles in which Sorc Shoes are the best option.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:36 pm »

PBE doesn't affect your main account in any way (IP/RP), does it?

Nope, not at all.

Last night reminded me why I don't do PvP. I was Amumu, rest of the team was Nocturne, Vayne, Master Yi, Kayle.
Surrendered at 20m because kill ratio was 7-32. I was 4/4/2. Everyone else was in the range of 1/8/0 or so. Don't think our Yi *ever* got a kill.

See, in a bot match if my team is composed of so much fail, I can still usually pull out a win through sheer force of will (and shitloads of solo laning and snowballing). In a PvP match, the enemy team rather quickly figured out I was the only actual threat and began focusing me down at every opportunity. And more often than not, soloqueue PvP teams seem to be made of weaponized fail.

Jungle Amumu. Carry every lane. I've done it before, in ranked. My team is down fifteen kills, I go "NOPE I'VE GOT THIS" and suddenly we win every team fight.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9259 on: July 27, 2012, 01:33:19 pm »

(Fuck quotes right now) Ok, so basically, AD/Hybrid Poppies do just as much as, if not more Physical damage than Magic damage, therefore Sorc is a bad choice for them. AP poppy is Veigar but without AoE farm, short range, and less teamfight presence, and therefore shouldn't be played, leaving no playstyles in which Sorc Shoes are the best option.
Sorc Shoes are excellent for AP Poppy. She has 2 skills which deal directly damage, both of which do magic dmg. AP Poppy also always gets DFG, which also deals magical damage. If Poppy has Lichbane, her Q transforms the extra damage dealt by Lichbane, into magic damage, which boosts the sue of Sorc Shoes even more.

Her burst is ridiculous, she stroms through the bush, uses ult, then DFG --> Q --> Charge --> Autoattack. And boom, you're dead.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: July 27, 2012, 01:50:42 pm »

PBE doesn't affect your main account in any way (IP/RP), does it?

Nope, not at all.

Jungle Amumu. Carry every lane. I've done it before, in ranked. My team is down fifteen kills, I go "NOPE I'VE GOT THIS" and suddenly we win every team fight.
Except that I can't jungle. I've tried. I'm epic-level bad at it. I forget what lives where, and what order to do things, and misjudge how tough things are... :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »

>Redking

Sure PvP can suck, you can lose, but you learn much more that way. Even when everyone is feeding there is often still room for victory if you really try. It's not always about playing your champion properly, it can be about leading your team or other things. Well, sometimes there is nothing to do either way, but playing your best even in this situation will make you a better player than just surrendering or not really trying.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: July 27, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »

I don't get where you are getting the more physical damage part from. Q is 100% magic damage, E is 100% magic damage, the only way Poppy does physical damage is auto-attack so if your going to play a champ just focusing on auto-attack then Poppy is actually a bad choice, Trynd can attack faster, can crit easier, can easily slow enemies and can't get mana problems. Yi can chase down a speeding Hecarim and can go on killing spree's with his ulti. This is even more confusing because I think you said a worse choice of boots for Poppy is beserkers, which if you are going as a physical damage dealing champion of Poppy and thus mainly damaging with auto-attacks then you are really stupid to think Beserkers Greaves are a bad choice.

Poppy's strength is her burst damage and being unkillable and the burst damage comes from that Q. If Armour Pen boots existed then yes they would be much better for an AD Poppy (50/50 on Hybrid) but unfortunately they don't so Sorc boots is the way to go to make that burst work, 15% more damage for Q + E is just under Poppy's ulti level damage buff so I don't see how it can be a bad choice.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: July 27, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »

I don't get where you are getting the more physical damage part from. Q is 100% magic damage, E is 100% magic damage, the only way Poppy does physical damage is auto-attack so if your going to play a champ just focusing on auto-attack then Poppy is actually a bad choice, Trynd can attack faster, can crit easier, can easily slow enemies and can't get mana problems. Yi can chase down a speeding Hecarim and can go on killing spree's with his ulti. This is even more confusing because I think you said a worse choice of boots for Poppy is beserkers, which if you are going as a physical damage dealing champion of Poppy and thus mainly damaging with auto-attacks then you are really stupid to think Beserkers Greaves are a bad choice.

Poppy's strength is her burst damage and being unkillable and the burst damage comes from that Q. If Armour Pen boots existed then yes they would be much better for an AD Poppy (50/50 on Hybrid) but unfortunately they don't so Sorc boots is the way to go to make that burst work, 15% more damage for Q + E is just under Poppy's ulti level damage buff so I don't see how it can be a bad choice.

Of course, keeping in mind that Poppy can still be CC'd during her ultimate and depending on whether the enemy stacks MR, you could skip Sorc. Shoes for Merc. Treads and just grab a Void Staff later on. It's especially good against tanks because Q does percentage of max health too.
Also often called Boowells.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: July 28, 2012, 12:41:56 am »

Went 0/5/20 as Support Sona and we won, got called a feeder by Jax.

Ah yes, time to take a break from LoL.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: July 28, 2012, 01:00:20 am »

All of the damage from devastating blow is magic damage, including the base AD and bonus AD.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: July 28, 2012, 01:44:43 am »

Mmhmm... devastating's bonus damage scales off AP, but only at .6. Technically, it's a 1:1 AD scaling nuke with a bonus ((base damage) + (.6 AP)) component, just converted into magic damage (which is kinda' delicious), so it scales better off AD than AP. That said, mpen is definitely nice for it, a lot like mpen's nice for mundo's cleavers.

Only thing poppy really benefits from AP wise (remember, the q scales better with AD) is charge scaling and that... item that adds AP to auto attacks after ability use, which does extra delicious things for Poppy's q, since the skill activation triggers it for the actual q hit. Lichbane, right. Which makes the q effectively scale at 1.6 AP, I think. Which is pretty bloody delicious indeed. Downside, though, is that while it can crit, (Don't actually know, but a 1:1 scaling source of magic damage that can go critical is... pretty special, innit? How many sources of AD -> magic damage conversion is there?) the bonus damage apparently doesn't get multiplied. Just the AD. Which is maybe an argument to go trinity over lichbane and go hybrid, pick up some crit somewhere, if you're going for damage. I'unno, s'two o'clock and I just noticed my thinking's going disjointed, so, posthuzzah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9267 on: July 28, 2012, 02:32:48 am »

Mmhmm... devastating's bonus damage scales off AP, but only at .6. Technically, it's a 1:1 AD scaling nuke with a bonus ((base damage) + (.6 AP)) component, just converted into magic damage (which is kinda' delicious), so it scales better off AD than AP. That said, mpen is definitely nice for it, a lot like mpen's nice for mundo's cleavers.

Only thing poppy really benefits from AP wise (remember, the q scales better with AD) is charge scaling and that... item that adds AP to auto attacks after ability use, which does extra delicious things for Poppy's q, since the skill activation triggers it for the actual q hit. Lichbane, right. Which makes the q effectively scale at 1.6 AP, I think. Which is pretty bloody delicious indeed. Downside, though, is that while it can crit, (Don't actually know, but a 1:1 scaling source of magic damage that can go critical is... pretty special, innit? How many sources of AD -> magic damage conversion is there?) the bonus damage apparently doesn't get multiplied. Just the AD. Which is maybe an argument to go trinity over lichbane and go hybrid, pick up some crit somewhere, if you're going for damage. I'unno, s'two o'clock and I just noticed my thinking's going disjointed, so, posthuzzah.
But while Long Sword costs 415 gold and gives 10 AD, Amplifying Tome costs only 20 gold more and gives 20 AP. So while it has 0.6 AP scaling and 1.0 AD scaling, AP is given in double quantities. So gold-spent wise you have 1.2 AP ratio compared to 1.0 AD ratio.

I mean, you might occasionally some fed carries have 300-400 AD (500 in extreme cases), but AP carries always have 600-800 AP (+1000 in extreme cases).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: July 28, 2012, 02:45:56 am »

Went 0/5/20 as Support Sona and we won, got called a feeder by Jax.

Ah yes, time to take a break from LoL.
Does this even count as a... an anything anymore? Even when someone is dying repeatedly and unnecessarily I don't consider "stop feeding" to be valid human communication.

In related news, how bad should I feel about "kill stealing" as a mage? I don't punk kills intentionally, but I do occasionally contribute to team fights by using skills, which sometimes means I get the killing blow, which sometimes means someone complains about it. Should I be being more careful about letting the carry/whoever did all the work get the last hit?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: July 28, 2012, 02:59:52 am »

Tell them that if they're really that concerned next time you'll just stay at base instead of taking the risk that the poor carry will have marginally less gold.

Or just tell them to fuck off. Either way really.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1067