Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271635 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9240 on: July 26, 2012, 06:03:23 pm »

The AD, Support, and Tank-bots are just as shitty as before. All of the AP bots are Ryze bot level. Fiddlefuck Fear>ult combo is the stuff of nightmares and Cass bot is literially 1v5 level.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: July 26, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »

My stupidity sensors are tingling!

Sorc Shoes on Poppy.... I'm not even sure where to start. The only poorer choice for boots is Zerks, maybe CDR boots. Armor boots are a must in the jungle, and sometimes you'll want to take them top for a lane you aren't already 4/0 in. Merc Treads are great because Mercs, and Swiftness/Mobi have amazing synergy with W. Of course, if you don't only have 6 Trinity Forces, (It used to be Gunblades+Mobi, but that got killed), you're not fed enough to actually be playing Poppy, so no boots is the only real option.

How can Sorc Shoes be a bad choice on Poppy. Poppy has 2 main sources of damage dealing, Q (Devastating Blow) + E (Heroic Charge), both are 100% magic damage, Mobi does have good synergy with W, but Sorc has even better with Q,E and R.

20 Flat Magic Pen is no small thing, it means at base champ mag res (30) your magic attack does 91% damage instead of 77%. A 14% increase might not sound like much but it also works with Poppy's ulti, not directly in terms of increasing magic penetration but the more magic penetration you have the more damage you deal in magic attacks so you don't need a maths degree to know that increasing your damage by 20% means the increase is greater if you are doing more damage. Also Leviathan at 20 stacks reduces damage by 15% so increasing damage by 15% might sound a bit more powerful in contrast.

Even AD Poppy can use Sorc Boots and because Poppy's Q can crit and get supper buffed from Sheen/Trinity/Lich's Bane and has it all doing magic damage it makes it super effective.

To be honest my stupidity sensor is tingling in how you think Sorc Boot's on Poppy is 2nd worst choice. It's easily the best in most situation while Merc Treads and Ninja Tabi are situational on who opponent champs are.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: July 26, 2012, 07:11:04 pm »

So, there's a brief look at Diana's abilities, but I must ask: what happens if a target has the three debuffs from Diana, Leona, and Lux on at the same time?
Also often called Boowells.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: July 26, 2012, 08:43:56 pm »

Poppy is one of the more flexible champions as item builds go, but many seem to have an almost religious devotion to the one true build path. Personally, I HATE to build any defensive stats on her, as more resists and health seem to make her innate damage shaving somewhat redundant.
 However, giving the subject a little more thought (whilst setting aside my own prejudices) has caused the following Poppy build to bubble up to the surface:
Poppy, the Brutal Initiator
Core: Mobility Boots, Shurelya's Reverie, Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter

So the basic idea is to run into the enemy team very fast with your ult up, popping Zhonya's when it expires. You'll need heal and revive since you're going to be dying a lot, let's face it. Ghost could be taken instead of heal in order to reach ludicrous speed, but we're not playing Hecarim.
Optional 5th/6th item choices could include frozen heart, randuin's omen, guardian angel, banshee's veil, rabadon's deathcap, lich bane and deathfire grasp, depending on how much you want to debuff, survive or kill the enemy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:56:41 pm by baruk »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: July 26, 2012, 09:47:56 pm »

I had a big long post about Poppy, but data vampires ate it.
tl;dw AD and Hybrid do a ton of ad damage, ap poppy is like a terrible version of veigar.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: July 26, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »

evelynn does motherfucking tons of damage

i have no clue how to build her though

also rumble is super ridiculous right now, his Q is doing ult-level damage. everyone play him. you'll win.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: July 27, 2012, 01:12:11 am »

Rumble uh ? I don't have him, haven't seen him in a while.

Diana looks interesting to play but ultra annoying to be against. Looks like she can pull like Darius and teleport to you like Lee sin.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: July 27, 2012, 02:10:24 am »

She looks really fun. And she's supposed to be on the PBE soon.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: July 27, 2012, 02:40:38 am »

Rumble's flamespitter at level five does almost as much as Fiddlestick's level one ultimate. It's kinda ridiculous if you ask me. Especially for the amount of uptime that it's got.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: July 27, 2012, 02:43:09 am »

And a rumbler in a bush somehow hides the fact that there is a flamethrower shoting out of it... what?

Anyway, if you don't have the meta golem completly build by 20:00, most pubby teams have something to flame about.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: July 27, 2012, 03:37:25 am »

Anyway, if you don't have the meta golem completly build by 20:00, most pubby teams have something to flame about.

People are still using the metagolem ? It's not that great, mostly because it only works late and you'll be weaker during the whole early game while you're building it. Not only that but it's hard to farm properly with metagolem items, making it even slower to acquire than some other builds. So unless you're already facerolling someone, i don't recommend it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: July 27, 2012, 03:49:01 am »

PBE doesn't affect your main account in any way (IP/RP), does it?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:19 am »

Poppy, the Brutal Initiator
Core: Mobility Boots, Shurelya's Reverie, Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter

So the basic idea is to run into the enemy team very fast with your ult up, popping Zhonya's when it expires. You'll need heal and revive since you're going to be dying a lot, let's face it. Ghost could be taken instead of heal in order to reach ludicrous speed, but we're not playing Hecarim.
Optional 5th/6th item choices could include frozen heart, randuin's omen, guardian angel, banshee's veil, rabadon's deathcap, lich bane and deathfire grasp, depending on how much you want to debuff, survive or kill the enemy.

That sounds a bit silly, you could say the same for any champ to rush in and pop Zhonya's, any champion which has a dash can do that, to be honest I find it's better to have someone other then Poppy initiate to soak up some CC then Poppy to rush in and ulti whoever has used their CC to clean up the rest of the enemy team.

I had a big long post about Poppy, but data vampires ate it.
tl;dw AD and Hybrid do a ton of ad damage, ap poppy is like a terrible version of veigar.

AP Poppy is one of the deadliest bursts in the game, say you have 200 AP (with Lich's Bane) with Poppy plus 160 AD including W bonus, your E does 585 (if collision) or 230 if no collision, your Q does 160 AD+200 Lich's+100 base+120 APBonus + avg 200dmg of 8% target max hp leading to a total of 780 damage, but wait there is still more, the Q can crit so you can have a possibility of an extra 160 AD damage (let's assume no infinity edge or crit damage runes as you will need crit chance runes to get chance to crit) leading to a possibility of 940 damage.

So add it all up and you can get damage from 1010/1170/1365/1525 from 2 abilities, but wait what if we have the opponent targeted with our ulti as well? That turns it into 40% increased damage so you can get 1414/1638/1911/2135 damage, and it's all magic (so get that damn Sorc Boots already!), you can nuke a huge chunk in one quick burst and this is with a conservative figure of only 200 AP for a mid-game Poppy, you already get 286 AP just from Lich's Bane and Radobans.

That being said I do still prefer playing Hybrid Poppy but AP Poppy's burst is undeniably strong easily putting Poppy as a super strong assassin. AD/Hybrid Poppy is less of an assassin more of a "you can't get away from me and I will kill you" champ like Trynd/Xin/Yi/Darius.

I also note you still don't mention anything on Sorc's Boots which I am interested to hear.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: July 27, 2012, 08:14:02 am »

GPs Q easily hits for 2k+ damage.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: July 27, 2012, 09:54:27 am »

I wouldn't say easily, I was giving a sort of mid game Poppy stats, GP's Q will only be doing 2k+ at end game, in that same vein you can say the same for Veigar in general or Nasus Q as well.

Would like to point out that generally champs get more armour then mag res so it's easier to circumvent, and hybrid Poppy can deal tons of physical and magic damage.

That being said the scariest GP I have ever seen was a Critplank with 3 Tiamats and Infinity Edge and 0 Armour Pen items still bossing around because he would shoot minions next to the champ he wanted to kill to pretty much ignore any armour they have and deal massive damage. Tiamat splash does true damage based on damage done to target so low armour minion means champ next to it takes a lot of damage regardless of their armour.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1067