Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271114 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9120 on: July 22, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »

1/attacks per second.
For example, .5 attacks per second is 1/.5=2 seconds per attack.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9121 on: July 22, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »

Well don't I sure feel dumb now.

EDIT: After doing some theorycrafting, Wit's End does seem to deal a lot more damage in the earlier seconds. I didn't finish the crafting because it was getting too complicated and troublesome, but in the long run Nashor's Tooth seems better. This however, means that in teamfights and ganks which last only a short time, Wit's End is superior.
But I'll still stick to Nashor's Tooth. The sustain from it is just so good, and I also get much more knockups. It increases healing by 44.5 as well, and since the base heal is 50, this means you double the healing from Battle Cry (due to more AS as well.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:06:53 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: July 22, 2012, 06:59:01 pm »

Yeah, with 40% cdr your QWE are on 3 second cds and R is on something like 30 seconds, after counting Q procs.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9123 on: July 22, 2012, 09:16:16 pm »

Well, I played Singed, a quite long game. Incredibly fun. Like, one of the most fun games of the year. How was it? Well, we had an Evelynn who fed MF super much, my KDA was negative, but I had really fun time. Our Ahri and Nautilus were super cool guys, like both good players, and very chill. Nautlius was a beast tank, completely shut down MF even though she was 22/9/18. Ahri was overall good playing all game, and his attitude was very morale boosting.

But this wasn't without a cost. I think I ruined Yi's game experience, as I was just completely out of his reach, spamming /laugh and /dance all the time. Every time he used his Alpha Strike, I just flinged him, which cost him more health (due to my regen and spellvamp) which was funny cause Yi was AP.

I camped between Yi's towers, allowing my minions to freely push. If Yi tried to stop the minions, I got 100% free farm, so he ahd to try and stop me. Problem was, that since he couldn't stop me, I still got all the farm and he lost his tower.  Enemy Nautlius jungled, and every once in a while he tried to stop me. No dice. Not even when thy teamed up.

It was only when the fed MF and the enemy Leona (she was scary as fuck, really good) came when I lost my edge. But, that of course meant that when they were wasting time 4 vs 1'ing me, my team pushed and farmed.

When the minions left Yi's first tower to about 10 hp ater my death, I went to backdoor it. Naturally, I spammed /laugh  and dance around it, letting the tower attack me. Once Iwas very low hp, 1 swing to it and boom, tower down, singed back to base to buy RoA. If Yi was watching, I bet he felt miserable. I don't blame him at all.

After that I went to camp bewteen the inhib tower and Yi's second tower. This was riskier, but with a couple of ward it was just the same as before. This was where Yi basically gave up trying to stop me. I got to push the inhibitor tower almost with no resistance. Once they realized I was beating the bricks outta the inhibitor, MF came down to stop me. She had loads of damage and FMallet, so I died to her. Probably because of this, MF and Leona played defensive and stopped me from backdooring. But this cost them farm and they couldn't push. So again, letting me to push that far screwed them up.

There were many fights where we lost, many where it ended up quite evenly, and many where we won. The game was very even, the enemy Karthus, Leona and MF were playing good, but Naut and Yi didn't do as well. Our Eve completely sucked early on, but managed to get farm later on, and start do good. By then the game was over though, we had baron and pushed 2 of their inhibs down so they couldn't win.

TL;DR: I played Singed, the Arsehole, and had the best game in months. I was called an asshole, Yi became depressed and I trolled as hard as a Singed can. Might upload a video later.

Also, a tip: Music greatly enchances the experience. Maybe not the skills themselves, possibly even distracts, but it makes playing so much more fun. Do it now. Get a playlist and put it on while playing.

I mean, what is better than outrunning and juking the entire enemy team while very low hp, when you have a badass soundtrack playing, even if you die in the end of the chase?

Nothing, thats what.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: July 22, 2012, 11:47:29 pm »

How to counter Malzahar who starts Abyssal Sceptar, gets moar AP, clears an entire wave with a single E and does a DoT up to a fifth your HP bar a second?

His buff made him really strong! My teammates said his weakness were teamfights, but he'd just Q, W, E,R someone and they'd be dead. E would then spread to everyone else and just completely wreck us. Voidlings now attack the target as well too ._.

I need to buy Malzahar :P.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:49:56 pm by xDarkz »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: July 22, 2012, 11:59:22 pm »

You say they buffed Malzahar? Just a few games ago I was having trouble doing any ass-kicking with Malz, I just got hounded in lane, never had a chance to take the offensive. Never seemed to get any ganks off, and might as well have gone tankier or somesuch.

Couldn't find a way to go on ass-kicking rampages.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: July 23, 2012, 01:19:29 am »

Just won an ARAM game as Sona. 

Finale score:  4/0/41    Our team had 49 kills.

We also had a Jayce who went 15/0/24
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: July 23, 2012, 02:57:26 am »

How to counter Malzahar who starts Abyssal Sceptar, gets moar AP, clears an entire wave with a single E and does a DoT up to a fifth your HP bar a second?

His buff made him really strong! My teammates said his weakness were teamfights, but he'd just Q, W, E,R someone and they'd be dead. E would then spread to everyone else and just completely wreck us. Voidlings now attack the target as well too ._.

The voidling attacked the one with the Malefic Vision on before this patch, last time I checked. Now it just priorities ulti the most, and the one you attacks the last. The only 'buff' I can think of is the casting time on his Circle thingy, which makes him more able to combo his ulti. (It kinda signals 'ULTI ABOVE!') The rests of the edit didn't matter THAT much, though they help.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: July 23, 2012, 07:07:49 am »

Malz just got a ton of QoL buffs. He doesn't feel quite is clunky now.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9129 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:16 am »

I wouldn't say they buffed him, more as fixed and made him less clunky. He didn't receive any extra damage really.
As for countering him, you need a coordinated gank by a jungler. Anyone with a silence or stun can fuck Malza up, just like any mage. Get magic resistance. Abyssal Scepter is really good on him because all of Malza's spells are quite short range actually. So get Abyssal Scepter yourself as well. All mages can really use it. Or Banshee's Veil. It won't block Null Zone, and after the patch I'm not sure if the second wave of Call of the Void hits you, but it disables one of his spells. That might be enough to save you.

Heimerdinger is a very strong counter to him, since the turrets can absorb Malefic Visions, and his rockets have bigger range than any of Malza's spells.

When he is pushing with his voidling out, attack it. Even if you don't want to push the lane, autoattack the voidling, last hit with Veigar's Q if you're him. The voidling really speeds up the pushing process, it's damage is high and it attacks really quickly. In a normal fight against an AP Malza, you don't want to focus the voidling, but if you can't trade hits without losing mroe than him, attack the voidling instead. It won't fight back.

When your team said Malza's weakness are teamfights, they were quite wrong actually. I can't see why it would be a problem. Call of The Void has a 3 second silence at level 5, deals very high damage, and can easily hit multiple targets. Null Zone can potentially deal 40% of max HP as AoE damage (+1% per 20 AP), how is that weak in a teamfight?
And Malefic Visions has always cleared a minion wave with single use, if used correctly. Teamfights apply: If you know who dies first, you use the visions on that guy. Doesn't matter if it is a tank or a carry, the first enemy you know is going to die will be your target. Once they die, the visions bounce and deal same damage to another enemy, so it doesn't matter. With luck or excellent team coordination, you can easily have the visions bounce on each enemy.

I guess the correct way to stop a Malzaman is to stop his farm, like any hard carry. Although Malza is a mage who scales ebst in early-mid game, his late game damage is huge because of low cooldowns and big AP ratios. If you let him snowball, don't plan on surviving.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: July 23, 2012, 08:37:20 am »

Why is Yi so OP? :( I just played against one who had something like 480 AD at the end, plus stuff like life steal from two bloodsplitters, Infinity Edge and slow from Frozen Mallet.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: July 23, 2012, 08:47:43 am »

yi, trynd.... at a certain, low, skilllevel, they are op. Afterwards they just kinda die off since people know how to play. The worst is the mixed level where they are starting to be left behind, but get feed by those who have no idea whats going on.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: July 23, 2012, 09:30:14 am »

If you ask me malzahar's void call is a little to strong, a 3 second silence on the enemy ap carry really tilts the fight in his favor if he times it right.
3 seconds is a long time when there's a teamfight.

I don't see why he needs buffs really, I've always found him to be underapreciated.
Will win any lane unless the enemy has some spellshield or got quicksilver, shuts down anyone who didn't get enough magic resist with his combo later on.
Hell he'll give tanks a hard time as well with his percent health null zone.

I bet he'd make a great team with Morgana. Double aoe and a spellshield on malzahar to avoid his ult getting interrupted by cc.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: July 23, 2012, 10:18:44 am »

Smooth jazz or piano rags, my man. Nothing makes a sour game go better than piano rags, especially after deaths. Oh, you died? Too bad! Happy ditties! You're the MFin' Cho'Gath the Sir! Go get 'em!

...Something like that, anyways. You're definitely better off with music, though. Can't suggest radio quite as much, as it seems familiarity helps more than trying to process new music does.
Now I have this incredible desire to buy Singed *just* so I can play the Benny Hill theme music in the background as I run around the map.  :P
Suppose that might work for Teemo too.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: July 23, 2012, 10:43:09 am »

Played Kassadin (again). Got 24/4/12. I think I found my new main, the guy is just insanely awesome with two kinds of CC, extremely low-CD blink and generally INSANE amounts of burst damage. :D
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1067