Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271012 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Jayce, Defender of Tomorrow - 1.0.0.142
« Reply #9060 on: July 17, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »

Hmm....mixed feelings. The "turrets take ammo, recharge by standing nearby" means I can't effectively drop a pair in one lane and then teleport into another to help out/double farm.

This is one of Heimer's greatest strengths, but he really can't be balanced with it. It's a tremendously powerful ability, and probably one that people underappreciate even if they like it. You don't want your power focused in places that people don't appreciate, because that's a huge block on how fun the champion can be.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9061 on: July 18, 2012, 05:13:17 am »

Trundle Changes

Oh god, why
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: July 18, 2012, 07:29:15 pm »

I COME BEARING PATCH NOTES!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Summary:
Gangplank, Malzahar, Orianna, Sona, Xerath, Ziggs, Outer Turrets buffed.
Graves, Nocturne, Morgana, Sejuani, Shen, (AP) Tristana, Vladimir, Yorick, Heart of Gold, Philosopher Stone, D/C Bugs nerfed.
Evelynn (Full Remake, Buff), Twitch (Early/Mid+ Late-), Kassadin (AP+ Mana/Tank-), Malphite (AP+ Everything Else-), Urgot (Mid+ Early-, Large Overall Nerf), Xin Zhao (Usefulness+ CC Lock-) changed.

Poor Urgot just can't catch a break. His only point of being good just got faceraped.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:54 pm »

urgots Q dmg just got a dramatic increase , holy shit, or wait off bonus dmg instead of total.... but artillery pure AD urgot got ze rape.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:31:11 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »

AP Trist got hit really hard here.  :'(
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: July 19, 2012, 12:32:37 am »

I came to see what Riot finally did to my beloved Eve after an eternity of shitting on her (though it still won't bring me back to LoL).

Jesus christ. She's going to slaughter everything! It's shit like this:
Dark Frenzy
No Cost, 20 second Cooldown
Passive: Evelynn's spell hits on enemy Champions grant her 4/8/12/16/20 Movement Speed for 3 seconds (effect stacks up to 4 times)
Active: Evelynn removes all slows affecting her and gains 30/40/50/60/70% Movement Speed for 3 seconds
Champion kills and assists refresh Dark Frenzy's cooldown

And this:
Agony's Embrace
100 Mana, 150/120/90 second Cooldown
Evelynn impales all enemies in the targeted area, dealing 15/20/25% ( 1% per 50 Ability Power) of their maximum Health in magic damage and slowing their Movement Speed by 30/50/70% for 2 seconds
Evelynn siphons their pain, gaining a 150/225/300 health shield for each enemy Champion hit which lasts up to 6 seconds

And this!
While in stealth, Evelynn regenerates 1% of her max Mana every second

Seriously! They have to be doing this on purpose! Intentionally releasing super overpowered characters. Hell, I distinctly remember Riot talking about the mistakes they did in the past regarding champion design such as Lee Sin and Irelia where they had skills that could do too many things at once, making them by that very nature impossible to balance. Then they do this.

Unless in the time I left, the power creep got so egregious that this kind of stuff is commonplace now, I think she's going to roflstomp every single thing she encounters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: July 19, 2012, 01:21:01 am »

The biggest reason she's overpowered is the sound effect on her ult. It's this horrible, nails on a chalkboard screech. As OP as Lux's laugh, definitely.

I'm hoping they release this patch Friday or Saturday rather than on Monday. I really want to play some Eve.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: July 19, 2012, 07:22:27 am »

Heimer now reminds me of TF2 engi and Touhou at the same time. This might be a good thing. Actually, that kit sounds super awesome.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: July 19, 2012, 11:20:45 am »

Urgot wasn't really nerfed, just adjusted slightly, his early game is just a tad weaker but he scales quite nicely into lategame with his Q now, should be fine.

And I hope those Eve stats are a joke, that shit looks broken, what the hell are they thinking, I mean, do they even look at this stuff before releasing it?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: July 19, 2012, 11:27:28 am »

Did someone say "Oh god where is Graven to explain in great detail with his unfathomable Dominion knowledge what the new patch means for Dominion!"?

I honestly played very few twitch games, 3 or 4, and I can't be truly unbiased yet. The changes are meant to make him a better straight-up AD carry in SR, but fights in SR and Dom differ wildly - first off, there are no full-on teamfights in Dominion, not fighting is often the better chance, unless you can guarantee an unfair fight, letting the enemies escape is not a bad thing, since the fights are for territory control, no wards and so on.

What this means is, I counted Old Twitch as the best Dominion carry, because he was a great provider of information - Oracles is avoidable and there are no pink wards, so it's easy to spot the enemy team and hover around them without being detected. Information is the most important thing in LoL, but even more in Dominion, since there are no wards and no ways to know exactly where the enemies are apart from a few champion abilities.

This also allowed Twitch to pick and choose his fights to a great extent, not to mention making him a great tool for helping and controling bot, focusing on the point of attacking and positioning, negating the enemy carries/squishies because he could afford to stay in stealth for as long as he wanted.

New twitch's stealth is 8 second at most. This is less than rank 1 ambush before. What this means is Twitch can no longer afford to stay in the jungle stealthed and just pick off stragglers, or scout for his team. His is now "tactical stealth", also known as "awww, isn't it cute ^_^" or "omg what is this overpowered bs" depending on the champion who has it.

Let's explore that for a second.

- Wukong. Has dash. Leaves clone, allows for juking abilities and unstealthed jukes in brush.
- Talon. Has dash, silence and slow.
- Vayne. Has short-range dash, has cc.
- Akali. Has dash, incredible burst.
- Teemo. Has mushrooms and a blind.
- Shaco. Haha.

Now Twitch is the only ranged character apart from Vayne and Teemo who has access to stealth. He also has a slow, too, which is now targetted. The problem is all the other tactical stealth characters can use their stealth as a last-ditch escape effort. You're Vayne and you're being chased in the jungle? Pop that ult and juke around the next corner! You're Talon and there's several nasty peoples incoming? Pop that ult and wing it! You're Shaco? Haha.

Twitch uses his as an engage, and to escape from battles if given the chance (i.e. unattacked), but never for an instant "oh god help me right now" button. He couldn't before, true, but it was a much better engage ability simply due to the duration. Now it's used more as a very short-time initiation and steroid.

Neotwitch is in all honesty a better AD carry than Old Twitch. I haven't run the numbers, but he does more damage, stacks poison easier, and his expunge now scales with AD, not to mention actually has an ult now.

What he isn't is the best Dominion carry. I have yet to play a few more games with him, but he fills a much more traditional AD carry role now, instead of old scout/assassin/carry Twitch, which by default places him behind the Vayne/Kog'maw AD carry union.

What's that? Noone said what I assumed at start? Oh...ehm...oh.

edit : Oh yeah, Xin's ballistic missile build seems incredibly OP now since I literally haven't seen a Xin feed post-15 minutes, and I literally haven't seen an Eve do anything but feed. Take that for what you will!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: July 19, 2012, 11:41:03 am »

Is it only me or Singed is utter shit? I played him yesterday, got something along the lines of 2/10/7 and swore to myself never to play him again. Today I had a match with Singed on my side who claimed the same thing like five minutes into the match. The only half-decent ability is E, but it still sucks compared to any other pull/CC. So, what's so cool about him?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: July 19, 2012, 12:22:02 pm »

You don't play Singed like any other champion. I don't know the specifics of how to build/play him (health/mana/movespeed is obvious, though), I just know that Singed = always run+poison, never die.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: July 19, 2012, 12:49:04 pm »

What is the best option for recording and posting matches? It turns out I am pretty terrible at this game and it is starting to annoy me.

At least I try to pick the job the team needs.

Top: Shen or Mundo
Mid: Karth or Vlad
Bot AD: Ashe or Kog
Bot support: Jana
Jungle: Lee Sin or Ram.

I took a long break from LoL too, so running into the newest champs throws me.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: July 19, 2012, 01:16:44 pm »

How exactly are you supposed to do hit-and-run with a champion without stealth, without any blinks or dashes, with exactly one shitty MS boost in his ult and exactly one direct-damage-dealing ability that just happens to be melee-range?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: July 19, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »

How exactly are you supposed to do hit-and-run with a champion without stealth, without any blinks or dashes, with exactly one shitty MS boost in his ult and exactly one direct-damage-dealing ability that just happens to be melee-range?

Build Catalyst, boots, upgrade to RoA. Because his passive gives him health for mana, RoA is such a huge health steroid that it's not even funny. Grab Glacial Shroud for more health, mana, and armor. If you want even MORE health, grab a Banshee's Veil. Otherwise, grab FoN, but usually a BV isn't necessary. Picking up a bit of AP doesn't hurt, but Singed does like his Rylai's as well. Basically, he gets so much health, tankiness, and movement speed that he's practically unstoppable, even if he doesn't do any damage. However, his base values on the poison are decent enough that he can farm whole minion waves and split push like crazy.

Singed doesn't need to join team fights because the team fights always come to him. With Rylai's, his ultimate, FoN, and his natural tankiness, he can pretty much escape anything with a bit of CC reduction. The idea isn't to do a hit-and-run. It's to be a pain in the ass. Pushing all the lanes like Singed does means that the enemy can't engage your towers. And if you lose a team fight? That's fine. Pester the shit outta the enemy so that they chase you instead of the objectives. Wasting 30-40 seconds of their time seriously cuts down on their ability to complete objectives.

Speaking of which, I need to replay Singed soon. The only problem is that a lot of top lane champions just wreck him.
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1067