Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271066 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Jayce, Defender of Tomorrow - 1.0.0.142
« Reply #9045 on: July 15, 2012, 04:16:44 pm »

It's called Phantom Dancer, bro. Melees scale of the % MS a lot better than ranged carries do.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: July 15, 2012, 06:08:51 pm »

Details on the stealth changes for Eve and Twitch.  Eve suddenly sounds like a lot more fun.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: July 15, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

You're about a week late, brah.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: July 15, 2012, 06:39:51 pm »

While we're talking crit..

For the upcoming Xin changes- Does Three Talon Strike's bonus AD work with critical strikes as well? It's a huge amount of scaling for bonus damage, and if I can pop off a 250x2 damage attack at level five or six...

It shouldn't. No other on-hit abilities do.

It's called Phantom Dancer, bro. Melees scale of the % MS a lot better than ranged carries do.

I guess, but it's a really expensive item for not providing any defensive stats. Most melees can't fit it into their build without sacrificing too much of something else they need.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: July 15, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

It shouldn't. No other on-hit abilities do.
Meanwhile, critplank is hiding in the corner after Riot thoroughly gutted GP's everything.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: July 15, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »

Parrrley is always the exception, I guess.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: July 16, 2012, 11:05:27 am »

Which blind? Teemo's, who's going to dominate you either way, or Heimer's, whom nobody plays like ever?
Au contraire, mon ami.

I love playing Heimerdinger (although the stun/blind grenade is one of the last things I lvl up). I can single handedly wall off a lane with a successful Heimer. Turrets up and wide, rockets to anybody that gets too close, and if somebody tries to break through, I ult the turrets and they turn into CC towers of pain. Once I get a Void Staff and an Abyssal Scepter, *nobody* wants to run that gauntlet.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: July 16, 2012, 01:47:55 pm »

Which blind? Teemo's, who's going to dominate you either way, or Heimer's, whom nobody plays like ever?
Au contraire, mon ami.

I love playing Heimerdinger (although the stun/blind grenade is one of the last things I lvl up). I can single handedly wall off a lane with a successful Heimer. Turrets up and wide, rockets to anybody that gets too close, and if somebody tries to break through, I ult the turrets and they turn into CC towers of pain. Once I get a Void Staff and an Abyssal Scepter, *nobody* wants to run that gauntlet.
A good Heimer can keep a whole team at bay. Good luck taking a turret from him.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: July 16, 2012, 06:01:15 pm »

Well I've got good news! Heimer isn't going to have his blind for long if his current DW iteration goes through, so he's not a problem for Sion now!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: July 16, 2012, 06:23:06 pm »

Wait, Doran's Workshop leaks? Someone broke their nondisclosure agreement.

Any other details?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: July 16, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »

That's absolutely fantastic and definitely much better. It could be a fake, but I don't know. It not only addresses his balance issues but also the specific issues with his design and it makes him more fun. Fakers are typically bad at that, and they typically appeal exclusively to the attitudes of "wow this champion will be op" and "oh cool, this rework solves all of the champion's weaknesses". Neither of those are good design.

I'm more interested in the parts of Doran's Workshop this reveals, though. "Competitive Playtest Priorities" shows more of a focus on high level play than I'd expect. I'm also interested in some of the other champion tweak threads.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: July 17, 2012, 11:51:52 am »

Hmm....mixed feelings. The "turrets take ammo, recharge by standing nearby" means I can't effectively drop a pair in one lane and then teleport into another to help out/double farm.

Turrets seem to be nerfed at first glance, but if I'm reading right they'll have a two-tier attack with physical and magic damage. Hybrid attacks are good. Three turrets is freakin' awesome.

Rockets look like a major buff. 10 rockets w/ only slightly reduced damage? Yes, please!

I never found the blind aspect of the grenade that useful to be honest. 40% slow could be much more lethal if you slow them in the killing field of your turrets (it's essentially replacing the slow component of an ulted turret).

yeah, overall I guess I'm cautiously positive about this (if true). Right now, it's all about the Q. W and E are just hood ornaments by comparions (although a leveled-up rocket makes for a nice bursty deterrent because you don't have to aim and it's extremely quick...great way to discourage pursuit). With this rework, you get a much wider variety of ability progressions that could be valid.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:57 pm »

That skillshot thing sounds wierd, do you target it for them, do they target it themselves?

I mean, how will it be handled by the turret AI, will it have godlike leading abilities or will it be simply firing in the general direction of the enemy?

Overall, he sounds interesting, a bit less passive and a bit more useful in stuff other than pushing.

Also, interesting screencap of the testing threads, Trundle rework, Xerath's W rework, Fiora, and other stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:46 pm »

Yeah, that plus the new skillshot aspect to W is going to up the difficulty on Heimy.

Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1067