Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270813 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

101st champion confirmed by Morello to be Zyra, a plant mage. Designed by him. She'll have "Something you've never seen before in MOBA". I'm pumped already, and I'm assuming she's the female champion some Rioter mentioned being the 100th. I guess she got pushed back for some reason.

Also it seems that Twisted Fate and Nidalee are the next two champions to get model reworks, after Soraka. And Magnificent Twisted Fate is going to get a legendary-worthy overhaul while they're working on him. I'm not pumped because this is probably going to take like 3 months, but I am happy.

Also the Xin Zhao remake is finally nearing completion. Hopefully this will progress faster than Karma's. Maybe he'll be a viable jungler again. We can never have enough viable junglers.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:01:12 pm by penguinofhonor »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Actually, MTF isn't getting redone.
Regular TF is.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

101st champion confirmed by Morello to be Zyra, a plant mage. Designed by him. She'll have "Something you've never seen before in MOBA". I'm pumped already, and I'm assuming she's the female champion some Rioter mentioned being the 100th. I guess she got pushed back for some reason.

Also it seems that Twisted Fate and Nidalee are the next two champions to get model reworks, after Soraka. And Magnificent Twisted Fate is going to get a legendary-worthy overhaul while they're working on him. I'm not pumped because this is probably going to take like 3 months, but I am happy.

Also the Xin Zhao remake is finally nearing completion. Hopefully this will progress faster than Karma's. Maybe he'll be a viable jungler again. We can never have enough viable junglers.

Since Zyra is really close to Ryze, here's a blurb from his lore :

Ryze's tireless searching for magical knowledge led him to an ancient form of spellcraft known as thorn magic. This art required Ryze to tattoo spells on his body, permanently infusing his being with vast arcane power and finally fulfilling his need to bond with the mystical energies of Runeterra. His travels also led him to uncover the giant indestructible scroll he now carries on his back - the purpose of the inscribed spell remains a secret only Ryze knows. He claims it is an abomination - something that he must safeguard from the world.

IIRC in his league judgement he spoke of Lilith and her tattooing him with thorns.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Actually, MTF isn't getting redone.
Regular TF is.

They always rework every skin for a champion whenever they do a model rework. See: every single model rework done ever. I think Amethyst Ashe is the only exception, and that's because the model upgrade brought that skin alone up to date.

And this post says bold and underlined, "Yes, we are going to update this skin", so I think you're wrong.

Since Zyra is really close to Ryze, here's a blurb from his lore :

Ryze's tireless searching for magical knowledge led him to an ancient form of spellcraft known as thorn magic. This art required Ryze to tattoo spells on his body, permanently infusing his being with vast arcane power and finally fulfilling his need to bond with the mystical energies of Runeterra. His travels also led him to uncover the giant indestructible scroll he now carries on his back - the purpose of the inscribed spell remains a secret only Ryze knows. He claims it is an abomination - something that he must safeguard from the world.

IIRC in his league judgement he spoke of Lilith and her tattooing him with thorns.

So maybe they're retconning Lilith to Zyra? That'd be neat. I love champions with existing lore ties.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26587938#26587938
Whenever we do a champion visual upgrade, all skins get a new coat of polish (as you saw in the Ashe remake). I don’t believe we’re actually planning to bring Magnificent TF up to the standard of the latest Legendary skins. I’m not sure what the long-term plans are for old Legendries – sorry if anyone feels hoodwinked.
He might look a bit better, but he's not going to be on the level of Legendary.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Played 8 straight ARAM matches lastnight composed entirely of friends, with every player on Skype.  Most fun I've ever had with this game.

And I have to say... it was astonishingly balanced.  Only two out of 8 matches felt uneven, and then only because people's familiarity with their characters was unequal between teams.  Every other one involved a lot of epic back & forth.  The random character assignment makes very balanced & fun teams.  The boost to tower strength means a single one-sided fight doesn't result in an irreversible momentum.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More Zyra quotes from Morello

"Originally Posted by Tippick:
In my mind, when you used the term comboing Morello, Brand appeared. I remember you guys were excited that he can mix his different moves and make different outcomes via passive. Is that the same intention here, but more drastically?

Edit: Drastically = more than just the passive influences the other skills.
End post.

It's a bigger interaction than that. Roku, who likes the "chess game" aspects of Orianna is really into Zyra."

"Originally Posted by Jeanesse
Her Q summons a targetable object like a bud or a young plant, and then casting her other abilities upon that static object impact an AOE effect.

/wild guess
End post.

Not on the money, but closest guess."
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26587938#26587938
Whenever we do a champion visual upgrade, all skins get a new coat of polish (as you saw in the Ashe remake). I don’t believe we’re actually planning to bring Magnificent TF up to the standard of the latest Legendary skins. I’m not sure what the long-term plans are for old Legendries – sorry if anyone feels hoodwinked.
He might look a bit better, but he's not going to be on the level of Legendary.

Okay, I was misled like everyone else. See, posting in the "bring MTF up to the level of other legendaries" thread and saying you're upgrading the skin sort of implies that what you're posting is relevant to the thread.

In the back of my mind I knew there was a decent chance this was just some dumbass PR blunder, but I thought "No, nobody would be stupid enough to upset all the TF fans who have been begging for a skin upgrade for years."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Jayce patch notes are out.

• Bugfixes galore
  • Akali, Caitlyn, Fiora, Gragas, LeBlanc, Lux, Miss Fortune, Nunu, Rammus, Sona, Xerath, Ziggs, Athene's Unholy Grail, and Ionic Spark are buffed.
  • Alistar, Janna, Karthus, Kennen, Kog'Maw, Nautilus, Shen, Soraka, and Quicksilver Sash are nerfed.
  • Oriana now provides a bit more utility and responsiveness, but trades a lot of damage for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Jace Spotlight is also out.

Man, this guy is versatile. Bot, top, or jungle? And the best part is that they managed to pack a ton of stuff on his kit without actually giving him a ton of typical tanky DPS mechanics. He's got no health sustain, his gap closer is medium range, and his only hard CC is a knockback too which forces him to switch into his other form if he actually wants to capitalize on the stun. And he's a versatile champion, but he doesn't seem like one of those "I build tanky and still do everything" champs, he looks like he has to specialize a bit with his build.

Yeah, his visual design is pretty boring (as has been said like a million times already) but I think this guy is a masterpiece of mechanical design. I can't wait to play him.

edit: I have literally no idea what this change means. Can a dominion player enlighten me?
Quote from: patch notes
Dominion Nexus Crystal now displays over the shrine in Dominion
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:44:46 pm by penguinofhonor »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile

Oh look, Lux is getting buffed again.
Time to start playing again!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Bad news: This patch is coming on a weekend.

This is cursed from the start. Everybody duck.

Cearnaigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I. Am on. A seven. Game. Losing streak.

I think League is trying to tell me something.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, dude. I've been on 10-15 loss streaks before. After that I usually just play the most OP char I can get my hands on and get a similar win streak. It's the ebb and flow of rage.

Also can't wait to pick up Jayce and go all game spamming "OH MY GOD JC ITS A BOMB".

That or "SPESS MEHRENES".

It'll be glorious.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Xerath got slightly buffed, yay, now I have even more reason to buy him :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1067