Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270779 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

There was once a denial mechanic on one champ.

It's long, long gone.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Speaking of that champ, Gangplank is a boss. I jungled as him earlier, and he is a bit slow but his ganks are still as deadly as ever.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

It kinda sucks that there are no negative passives (that are compensated by powerful actives) or actives that have an additional negative effect. :(

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

It kinda sucks that there are no negative passives (that are compensated by powerful actives) or actives that have an additional negative effect. :(

for better of for worse this is league not Dota. Don't know about negative passives(I know Tiny has an AS debuff on his ulti, along side a movespeed and damage increase) but negative effect abilities? Take Tiny again, he throws a random unit as a projectile. This random unit will be your character at low health into the middle of the enemy team. Because the Tiny is played by a retarded orangutan who hates your guts.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mundo and Vlad use health for their attacks, if that's what you mean.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing about passive downsides to spells is that it muddies things up. League likes to use KISS, and for the most part it works great.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Anivia's wall. It has exactly as many downsides to it as it has upsides, just depends on the usage. Alistar's headbutt, Janna's ult and so on too.

Also, does the Tryndamere spin still work? Cause if it does, I want to play a game with CDR and AP Trynda.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So I encoutered something interesting today. A tanky carry on bot lane. I was Ez with Zilean on my side while we faced Nunu and Ashe. Now, Ashe was interesting, in that she had around 40-50 armor and MRes at level one, also packing a Dorans Shield making any casual harrass I threw her way pretty pointless, and if I did try and harrass her a bit more she would focus on farming or simply volley in my general direction making me scamper off. Nunu could be much easily harrassed but that was pointless too since he would just gobble up a minion and regain anything that he lost.

This fell off after the first six levels but it was quite interesting to see this approach where you basically try and focus on outfarming your oponent while he hopelessly tries to harrass you.

Though it didn't help them in the end, she didn't so much last hit as she insisted on pushing, and we had a jungling Malphite, they didn't have a jungler at all, plus it was easier to outfarm her since my lanemate didn't farm at all while Nunu did grab quite a few minions.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

The magic of Dominion Kogmaw builds :

What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Turtle stance doesn't let you crit while it's up. I think that might be the only one.

What would the point of this be, though? If you want a powerful ability just make another ability weaker. See: Volibear. Really powerful passive, W, and R. His E is weak though. But that's okay because the kit doesn't really focus around it, and you don't feel punished like you would if there was a drawback ability on him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Turtle stance doesn't let you crit while it's up. I think that might be the only one.

What would the point of this be, though? If you want a powerful ability just make another ability weaker. See: Volibear. Really powerful passive, W, and R. His E is weak though. But that's okay because the kit doesn't really focus around it, and you don't feel punished like you would if there was a drawback ability on him.
There's Xerath's W. He can't move while it's active. I consider that a negative.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

The trick to that is that a negative passive basically locks out a whole area of play, and generally it's either something you either really do or really don't want. It'd be like if Vlad couldn't crit or something. The only ones I can really think of that wouldn't be utterly awful tend to be the really weak ones backwards (e.g. Ashe - give her a useful E, make her passive so her first shot is less likely to crit if she isn't in combat). Some have similar things, like how Varus has pretty mediocre attack speed until his passive procs. Other than that... yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Only things that actively hinder you are Rumble's passive, Xerath's W, and Udyr's W.

A bunch of champs who get free bonuses to stats like Garen and Varus are actually weaker in those stats than most in their class, until you add in the bonuus.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

There's Xerath's W. He can't move while it's active. I consider that a negative.
He can deactivate the ability at any time after 0.5 seconds of casting it.
Uh, by the same logic Caitlyn's R, WW's R and any amount of dashes are even worse because they're uninterruptible.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

He didn't say it was a negative you couldn't end, but at long as you want to get the benefits of it, you're fucked out of movement for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1067