Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270642 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I like to play Draven in mid. About 48 MR at level 1, and when I go back for the first time (first item is Doran's Blade) I get boots and a null-magic mantle for more MR. THen build that into merc treads, and next build Hexdrinker for even more MR. This gives a really durable early game which prevents that mage harass pretty darn well. Throw a Spinning Blade or two every now and then, and I outdamage their harass. Ganks are a problem since Blood Rush lasts a very short time, and Stand Aside doesn't knock the enemies back all that much. Flash and Exhaust are good for the escapes, though.
What happens if they have ranged AD mid?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like to play Draven in mid. About 48 MR at level 1, and when I go back for the first time (first item is Doran's Blade) I get boots and a null-magic mantle for more MR. THen build that into merc treads, and next build Hexdrinker for even more MR. This gives a really durable early game which prevents that mage harass pretty darn well. Throw a Spinning Blade or two every now and then, and I outdamage their harass. Ganks are a problem since Blood Rush lasts a very short time, and Stand Aside doesn't knock the enemies back all that much. Flash and Exhaust are good for the escapes, though.

Bordellimes is at the level where nobody plays ranged ad mid, because it's stupid (of course, always)

but Darius has enough burst to hold his own against most, and if not, vamp scepters and health pots are viable.

Escape summoners should be viable, but I doubt it's necessary.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

JAYCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIdUV3AH7bE

I'm ... honestly not that impressed, seems like a bit of a clumped mess, actually. Also his appearance is boring and the crossmaul makes me laugh.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Bordellimes is at the level where nobody plays ranged ad mid, because it's stupid (of course, always)
But he's playing ranged AD mid...

So it's a legitimate question.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Then I adapt. Can't change the masteries & runes, but instead of going for Merc Treads + Hexdrinker I can go for Ninja Tabi and Wriggle's Lantern. Haven't ran into another AD Carry at mid as Draven yet though, so no experience how to counter another carry when solo.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Why is it the first time I play a given champ, I roll it like a Katamari?

1st time with Rumble, with no runes and only lvl 5 masteries, and I go 30/1/3. Out of somewhere around 41 teamkills. 3 of our team never even HAD a kill, because they were pants-on-head retarded. >_<
All subsequent games....meh. Not horrible but not great either.
Mecha-Yordle is sticky as hell though. Especially once you get boots + Rylai's up. It's pretty awesome to be an unshakeable bringer of doom. Ult is a bitch and a half to aim, but it's got serious utility if you pull it off right.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Rumble is an asshat.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

JAYCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIdUV3AH7bE

I'm ... honestly not that impressed, seems like a bit of a clumped mess, actually. Also his appearance is boring and the crossmaul makes me laugh.

Requoting myself for Jayce video, also another thing wot might be of interest to some people:
http://surrenderat20.blogspot.com/2012/06/closer-look-at-6-8-pbe-files.html
A close look at some of the files from the last big update, including files for possible new champions!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I am most excited for Greek Cassiopeia.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is it the first time I play a given champ, I roll it like a Katamari?

1st time with Rumble, with no runes and only lvl 5 masteries, and I go 30/1/3. Out of somewhere around 41 teamkills. 3 of our team never even HAD a kill, because they were pants-on-head retarded. >_<
All subsequent games....meh. Not horrible but not great either.
Mecha-Yordle is sticky as hell though. Especially once you get boots + Rylai's up. It's pretty awesome to be an unshakeable bringer of doom. Ult is a bitch and a half to aim, but it's got serious utility if you pull it off right.
Were you playing a level 5 alt account? In that case you were probably placed with genuine novice players the first game before the matchmaking kicked in, putting you up against other smurfs.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having such a hard time playing League of Legends lately, I dropped from almost gold to 1400's. It's not a lot but it warrants frustration when it's the same situation each game.

Darius.

I absolutely hate him. I feel as though he's the most BROKEN champion the League has ever had. I don't understand Riot's logic in releasing him and allowing people to just dominate. You ban him? Fine, but I'm not always first pick/banner. If you pick a Melee top before they pick theirs, Darius is going to crap on you. If he picks first, you're given the opportunity to counter him with ranged harass. It'll make his laning a little harder but ... I don't know about you guys, but it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating to shut him down 0/4 but when the time for teamfights rolls around, he's getting doubles and triples and just get's fed as though nothing had happened.

To say he's not punished for his mistakes is a little excessive, but unlike every other champion in the League, he is able to mess up and still win handily. There is so much leeway, it's disgusting.

I saw the Katarina pick in mid so I figured I would go Wukong to completely null her ultimate. I didn't fight him, I just CSed cause I knew he would outright beat me. It was back and forth until he got Phage. If I walked away from my turret, even a bit, he'd apprehend, slow proc, stack his passive and ULT. The Darius proceeded to go 6/2 before a surrender vote came out.

His items? Berserker Greaves, Frozen Mallet, and Hexdrinker. Tell me one other champion that can completely destroy a team with those three items alone. His damage output is stupid for the lack of damage items. If you ignore him, either you or your AD WILL die. If you focus him, by the time you get over the slow, and chizzle down his HP, you'd be dead from the other four opponents.

My yearning to play League just completely dies when I think about Darius. A game shouldn't upset me this much... Maybe I'll take a small break from LoL.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:42:21 am by xDarkz »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I just don't see it myself. Most games where I see a Darius, they suck HARD. I've almost gotten to where I'll queue-dodge if someone on our team picks him, because they're liable to go 0/12 and spend their downtime cursing out the rest of the team. He's like a dickbag magnet.

And yeah, that curbstomp Rumble match was with my lvl 5 smurf account. I'll grant that that played a part, but still...I don't remember being THAT bad when I was a noob. I tend to carry every single match. If I wasn't committed to playing only yordles with that account, I think I could play support Soraka and still wind up being the carry.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I just don't see it myself. Most games where I see a Darius, they suck HARD. I've almost gotten to where I'll queue-dodge if someone on our team picks him, because they're liable to go 0/12 and spend their downtime cursing out the rest of the team. He's like a dickbag magnet.

And yeah, that curbstomp Rumble match was with my lvl 5 smurf account. I'll grant that that played a part, but still...I don't remember being THAT bad when I was a noob. I tend to carry every single match. If I wasn't committed to playing only yordles with that account, I think I could play support Soraka and still wind up being the carry.
Back when I started (in 2009) We all probably were equally bad when we started. This was when nobody smurfed, so nobody supercarried unless they got lucky feed from others (see my old Fiddlesticks gameplay). Nowadays so many people are smurfs, that you could almost say that 25%-33% of the players are actually smurfs.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fiddles games aint fun at my elo anymore, as if everybody isn't babies or something.

Half the time I end up split pushing (with fiddledicks) even if I get fed.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Yeah, it is kinda shame what has happened to him. Riot has toned down so many champs that used to be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1067