Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270630 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

E used to give extra shield for every hit enemy: This was when you still healed 33% from minions too, insteadof just half of this. The E gave you 1/2/3/4/5 extra shield per hit enemy, so it was really useful for charging up a shield. Now it deals damage and nothing else: A very basic skill.

Q gives massive damage 1 vs 1 so you want that. W is safe to use, and makes you more durable. At level 5, it deals twice the damage of Sunfire cape, and increases your resistances by 30. In a 1 vs 1 situation your Q + Shield which lasts 6 seconds + another Q when the cooldown goes off gives you the best damage. So many times the enemy jungler has died in a gank (or given a doublekill to me) when they though I was just gonna throw some metal dust in their eyes and run off. No, you get your shield, and bas their skulls in when they have nobody near them. Once you get the ghost, use it well. Block the enemy's escape route. Cast your cloud on the ghost and have it autoattack the enemy while you run back (if low on hp). When you're 300 hp and you have a 1100 hp ghost, which does the enemy focuse? The Mordekasier, thats right. And when they're chasing you, you use that ghost to rape their asses. When they realise they won't win, turn back and Q their face. Simple as that.

Or level your E and spam it like fucking every normal Mordekasier does. And see how you lose when the other guy doesn't just stand back anymore. It also costs the msot health to use.

Also, of the damage:
Q does  132 / 181.5 / 231 / 280.5 / 330 (+1.65 per bonus attack damage) (+0.66 per ability power) damage against single target.   Cooldown 4 seconds at lvl 5.
W does 144 / 228 / 312 / 396 / 480 (+1.2 per ability power) damage if all ticks hit. Cooldown 12 seconds (duration 6) at level 5.
E does 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+0.6 per ability power) damage. Cooldown is 6 seconds at all levels.

I can do a Morde guide if someone needs it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 06:06:54 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

I'm sure it won't hurt anyone at the very least, and I find it disturbingly fun sperging on LoL mechanics, so go for it, it might even help someone!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recall the 13 health pot Morde from a Dyrus video. Didn't know it was considered the orthodox approach, but it certainly would seem to work.
Ignore Rylai's Scepter, it is useless. The slow isn't going to help you all that much because all of your damage besides ult is AoE, the slow % is low. Stacking flat health also is a bad idea: The healing from Hextech Revolver and your ult don't work well with flat health: Armor and Magic resist increase the effective healing a lot more. I'm not entirely sure, but if your passive shield gets reduced damage from resistances, then stacking those will also be much better than stacking health.
Don't agree with this part, Rylai's is viable on a character like Morde who lacks crowd control -  I always take either Rylai's or Hextech Gunblade to fill this gap. A 15% slow is better than nothing, and the ult applies the full 35% slow in any case.
 A little health is useful, not least because of all that true damage floating around.. I've played some Morde on Dominion (he's not terrible), and starting bot lane with a giant's belt and 7 health pots just gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

The problem with maxing w or q first is that if they stay even a little bit  back it's hellishly hard to hurt them. E has a decent range, and all of the damage is instant.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

If you want to harass, you play someone like Ahri or LB. If you want to farm & push and snowball like crazy into lategame unlike other mages, you play Morde. And as Morde you focus on the farming and pushing.

EDIT: The guide is out. I tried to keep it as short as possible.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=28560
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:10:17 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Mord got fixed back up after the nerfs. He's still a little below par, but one of the best APs for carrying a team to victory still.

Annie is in a terrible position right now. She holds absolutely no power without her stun up, but she can't farm for shit without using skills, so she basically has to stop herself from farming to have any sort of lane presence. It's sad, really.
How dare you.

Annie is amazing.

If you can't use her stun, you're not playing her right. You don't stun at full stacks. You stun at 3, using shield + Q.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

I'm not a huge annie fan, if you hadn't guessed. As for the 3 stacks shield, that still doesn't mean much when it's obvious as hell when she has to run up to your face to actually cast it.

Borde: What do you think about upgrading revolver to gunblade? It gives a much needed slow, more spell vamp, and more AD for that delicious Q.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want to harass, you play someone like Ahri or LB. If you want to farm & push and snowball like crazy into lategame unlike other mages, you play Morde. And as Morde you focus on the farming and pushing.

Requoting for free guide.

Also I can't say since I don't play Annie, but I really think she'd work fine for pubstomping in soloqueue. I wouldn't pick her at 1800+ ranked, but my chances of playing there are less than 0, so :D
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

How are you people even playing? The last...I dunno, close to a week now?...that I've tried to play on NA servers, I get the "You are #20000+ in queue, time remaining: umpteen hours" message. :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Requoting for free guide.

Also I can't say since I don't play Annie, but I really think she'd work fine for pubstomping in soloqueue. I wouldn't pick her at 1800+ ranked, but my chances of playing there are less than 0, so :D
She snowballs HARD. Just the sheer AoE she has can crush your team before they realize they're dead. Thing is, she can stun your whole team, wipe out all of their health, take out a straggler, and then stun another person before they realize they've been stunned.

And she can push people out of lane by threatening them. She can last hit with her Q all day. She has her weaknesses, like if she can't stun you, she probably can't kill you, but she is really good. I'm actually upset I don't see her more often.

How are you people even playing? The last...I dunno, close to a week now?...that I've tried to play on NA servers, I get the "You are #20000+ in queue, time remaining: umpteen hours" message. :(
Click it. Wait hours. Come back later.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For me it's like log in, woo get right in here my boy, welcome, WELCOME to [current time - 9] America f yeah come play with the biggest retards in the entire nation because there it's 5 am and noone in their right mind plays WOO

And then I get a team with 5 ap carries and we still somehow win because noone on the enemy team buys any MR even though I'm supposed to be playing at 1800+ Dominion elo. Life, what can you do about it.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I'm not a huge annie fan, if you hadn't guessed. As for the 3 stacks shield, that still doesn't mean much when it's obvious as hell when she has to run up to your face to actually cast it.

Borde: What do you think about upgrading revolver to gunblade? It gives a much needed slow, more spell vamp, and more AD for that delicious Q.

It works well. You get less AP and it is more costly, but Gunblade is a great item for Morde.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had a game where I was completely blown away by the bottom lane. My Taric was stunning them at the wrong times and they just proceeded to jump on us when they knew his stun was down.

Most recent game, I picked Ashe against Draven and rocked his world. I'd save my volley almost exclusively for harass. They had a Soraka so I figured I outta play offensive or they'd outsustain us. Last hitting minions and volleying to where his axes were gonna land netted me enough kills to snowball into a monster that went 12/1/17.

I feel as though Draven is heavily outclassed by a number of AD carries, if not all. He hits pretty hard with his Spinning Axes, but if you mess him up even just a little during the early/mid phase of the game, he's going to be nothing more than target practice. His skillset is interesting, but I feel like it doesn't give any leeway for mistakes.

. . . His brother on the other hand. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I like to play Draven in mid. About 48 MR at level 1, and when I go back for the first time (first item is Doran's Blade) I get boots and a null-magic mantle for more MR. THen build that into merc treads, and next build Hexdrinker for even more MR. This gives a really durable early game which prevents that mage harass pretty darn well. Throw a Spinning Blade or two every now and then, and I outdamage their harass. Ganks are a problem since Blood Rush lasts a very short time, and Stand Aside doesn't knock the enemies back all that much. Flash and Exhaust are good for the escapes, though.

This one game I was mid against Kennen. Our Vlad refused to leave mid early even though I called mid way in advance, so we played duo mid to level 3. Skarner ganked and got Vlad, but I got Kennen. Vlad went back to bot due to his defeat, and I was soloing Kennen.
Kennen decides that he can take me on, and I won't blame him since I was only half hp. He rushes at me, throws his usual junk, but he gets killed. Basic MR, Exhaust, and dat +65% damage Spinning Axe got him. Then I just went back to base to buy my new Mercury Treads and everything went easy after that.

Until Skarner decided to babysit mid when our Amumu ganked zero times.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noone queue for Dominion right now, please. Soloqueue is full of gibbering monkey-apes to the extent I barely won a 5v4, and came really close to losing it when the 5th enemy player reconnected. Zileans, tryndameres and feeders, oh dear :(
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1067