Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270465 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Rubick is in DotA 2 now. Goddamnit Riot, why can't we have a similar champ.

Those who don't know what Rubick does: He steals the last spell a enemy/allied hero cast. Pretty fucking cool.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rubick is in DotA 2 now. Goddamnit Riot, why can't we have a similar champ.

Those who don't know what Rubick does: He steals the last spell a enemy/allied hero cast. Pretty fucking cool.

Because League's balance philosophy is to tone things down and make things...Balanced.

In DOTA everything is OP and that's why it works.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Riot should just make all the roles of their champions so much more visible. Make non-tank champs have their base health at lvl 18 be around 1000-1500, the non-carries have their attack damage reduced to around 30-50, and non- mage champs have their cooldowns increased by about 100-200% per ability. While we're at it, nerf the items too. And quadruple the tower damage. And increase sight range by 50%. And make minions deal 1 damage per attack. All of these would make LoL a much better game.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Rubick would be OP as all fuck in League, as would just about every DotA champ.
Imagine a guy with heals from Soraka but then he can go ahead and use Karthus's ult. Or just about any other crazy combination. Blitzgrab into Singed flip into Alistar headbutt? Trollvault into trollpool?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Rubick would be OP as all fuck in League, as would just about every DotA champ.
Imagine a guy with heals from Soraka but then he can go ahead and use Karthus's ult. Or just about any other crazy combination. Blitzgrab into Singed flip into Alistar headbutt? Trollvault into trollpool?
Best champ ever: Naut Passive, Naut's pull, Blitzcrank's pull, Amumu bandage toss, Urgot ult.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

That would be the best thing ever in the most aggravating way possible.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Riot should just make all the roles of their champions so much more visible. Make non-tank champs have their base health at lvl 18 be around 1000-1500, the non-carries have their attack damage reduced to around 30-50, and non- mage champs have their cooldowns increased by about 100-200% per ability. While we're at it, nerf the items too. And quadruple the tower damage. And increase sight range by 50%. And make minions deal 1 damage per attack. All of these would make LoL a much better game.
Hmm... that last bit makes me think minions should just be replaced by an impenetrable wall and a button you have to click when it lights up for small amounts of gold. Then Riot can define exactly how long they want farming to go on.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I disagree on all of these. Screwing around with base stats is the easiest way to make things go in exactly the opposite direction from what you want. Why? Because your base stats are what you don't need to build. It's pretty much always better to compliment your base stats rather than add to them.

Give AD carries the highest base AD and low base defenses? The most likely thing that would happen would be that they'd just start building tanky to make use of their higher bases for longer. That's how things have always worked out.

For instance, if you gave an AD carry +100 AD lategame, then the smart decision isn't to build a bloodthirster and get +200. It's smarter to build a defensive item because you no longer need that extra bloodthirster. I know you're not recommending this specifically, but it's the same principle.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it sort of works in DotA because items aren't all that powerful. They're definitely useful, but you can't just "build tanky" for the most part (from what I remember, anyway). It always ended up with me feeling like a glass cannon if I was playing a hero based on dealing damage, though. I guess the glass cannon syndrome is similar in LoL, but at least you don't just evaporate if someone with a stun looks at you wrong in a team fight.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Penguin is right, high bases are what make the tanky dps meta. There's a reason Riven was thought to be complete shit until everybody realized you could build 6 bloodthirsters on her. Low base, high scaling isn't a tanky dps, because you have to build damage to get the scaling. That's why ADs have some of the lowest base ADs in the game, so they can't afford to build tanky, until maybe a last item like Banshee's Veil.
Best champ ever: Naut Passive, Naut's pull, Blitzcrank's pull, Amumu bandage toss, Urgot ult.
You've got 3 Qs there. All the ones I named are different letters.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

(I was joking)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Well, but that's the age-old debate between min-maxing and complementary builds, isn't it? And it varies based on champ. Alistar is a tank you can build AD or even AP, but Dr. Mundo doesn't scale on either stat. For him, it's health, health and more health. Sure, you *could* add AD if you really want, but you're losing more than you gain. Boots + 5 Warmog's FTW.

And because of Ryze's passive, you're hard-pressed to build armor and AD when mana and AP are so much more effective. There's a fair number of characters that scale so much more effectively in one direction, so that's how they're always built. And then a lot of characters who are hybrids where you can build multiple ways depending on your play style and which abilities you favor.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I was joking)
By the end of your comment I was sure you were, but at the beginning I thought you had a good idea. I got really confused when I realized I couldn't figure out when it shifted from "hmm yeah" to "uhhh, oh. haha."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

And because of Ryze's passive, you're hard-pressed to build armor and AD when mana and AP are so much more effective.
hard-pressed to build armor and AD[MR I think]

Please tell me you're joking. Every goddamn mana item in the game has some sort of tanky stat. You don't have to choose with Ryze, that's his gimick. Endgame Ryze build: Frozen Heart/Banshee's Veil/Rabadons/2 RoAs/Mercs or Sorc.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

And because of Ryze's passive, you're hard-pressed to build armor and AD when mana and AP are so much more effective.
hard-pressed to build armor and AD[MR I think]

Please tell me you're joking. Every goddamn mana item in the game has some sort of tanky stat. You don't have to choose with Ryze, that's his gimick. Endgame Ryze build: Frozen Heart/Banshee's Veil/Rabadons/2 RoAs/Mercs or Sorc.
Um...

Where's the Archangel's?

Because you lose so much if you remove that AA for AP (he'll usually gain it all back). He doesn't scale well off of AP, which is why you turn him into a tanky mage. Get rid of one of those RoAs and replace with an AA, and I could see your build being useful.

Endgame build is dependent on the enemies, but I end with Archangel's/Banshee's/Frozen Heart/WotA/Mercs/RoA. I don't even like RoA, but it has it's uses. I just usually forget about it.

You're better off grabbing tank stats for mana instead of AP, since the minimal gain in damage does not offset the tanky stats you gain. Sustain is a must. Your ult is up every 20 seconds, sure, but it's better to use that in a fight rather than as your sustain, so that's why I grab a WotA (You heal surprisingly fast on Wraith's with ult and WotA.)

Plus, that early game Tear is the easiest thing to farm and let's you lane forever eventually, while also slowly gaining power. Cast your E every time it's up, as it only costs 60 mana, so it farms your tear cheaply.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1067