Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270277 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Started playing again finally. Varus is pretty fun (got him today) but Hecarim (Got him a few days ago) is THE BEST THING. Oh my GAWD he' SO FUN.
EEh... To each his/her own. There aren't any satisfying mechanics to him for me. He's mediocre in everything, and I'd rather have one amazing skill and a terrible everything else just for that satisfaction. Nothing about him stands out, and whenever I play him I end up getting pegged with the blame-the-jungler meta, which sucks.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Made an EU account the other day for shits and giggles and to see what it was like playing with a brand new account and a few months' experience under my belt.

IT IS PAINFUL. Had a bot match (a beginner bot match) that turned into an hour-long bloodbath. I was the only player with a positive K+A/D ratio, and I was playing Janna, for god's sake. Had over 50% of the teamkills and something like 85-90% of the kills+assists.

On the one hand, kinda fun as "challenge mode". On the other hand, so much rage at people running right into turret fire or trying to take on 3 enemy champs solo.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Made an EU account the other day for shits and giggles and to see what it was like playing with a brand new account and a few months' experience under my belt.

IT IS PAINFUL. Had a bot match (a beginner bot match) that turned into an hour-long bloodbath. I was the only player with a positive K+A/D ratio, and I was playing Janna, for god's sake. Had over 50% of the teamkills and something like 85-90% of the kills+assists.

On the one hand, kinda fun as "challenge mode". On the other hand, so much rage at people running right into turret fire or trying to take on 3 enemy champs solo.
I have to try this now. Sounds fun, and I do mean it. I find people running into turrets funny as hell. Its like a combination of schadenfreude and a feeling of superiority, with a dash of wtf.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Udyr is a pretty fun champion, always easy to jungle as him, and the ganks are very awesome.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Tried a ranked game. Our jungle was Shyvana versus Nautilus. Shyvana should destroy Nautilus. Shyvana did not counterjungle Nautilus a single time. Their Naut got super fed and destroyed us.

Their bot was warding tons. Our bot bought 0 pink wards. Their bot got super fed and destroyed us.

Not to mention everyone going "Ban Darius! Ban Darius! Ban Darius!" during the entirety of champion select.

Who the hell says ranked is more mature than normals? In normals I get people who know how to play their champions, know how to form a team, and know how to ward. In ranked I get people who whine for FOTM bans, let the enemy's ganking jungler step all over them, call a role despite only knowing one champion in that role, and play FOTM champions without knowing how to use them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Tried a ranked game. Our jungle was Shyvana versus Nautilus. Shyvana should destroy Nautilus. Shyvana did not counterjungle Nautilus a single time. Their Naut got super fed and destroyed us.

Their bot was warding tons. Our bot bought 0 pink wards. Their bot got super fed and destroyed us.

Not to mention everyone going "Ban Darius! Ban Darius! Ban Darius!" during the entirety of champion select.

Who the hell says ranked is more mature than normals? In normals I get people who know how to play their champions, know how to form a team, and know how to ward. In ranked I get people who whine for FOTM bans, let the enemy's ganking jungler step all over them, call a role despite only knowing one champion in that role, and play FOTM champions without knowing how to use them.
That's why you have to duoqueue. It's the only way to assure that you'll have a good time. My friend and I did a ranked... We went 5/2/6 and 5/1/6. As Graves and Janna. Our bot lane crushed so hard, they had to 5-man gank us. And we still would get kills. My only death was an execution getting Soraka.

Fun times.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

On a positive note, my friends seem to excel at troll strategies. Double jungling is the new thing. We've done Nautilus/Shen and Alistar/Blitzcrank, stomped both games. Our AD Lulu in bot went 15/1. I went 4/1/21 as Alistar.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a positive note, my friends seem to excel at troll strategies. Double jungling is the new thing. We've done Nautilus/Shen and Alistar/Blitzcrank, stomped both games. Our AD Lulu in bot went 15/1. I went 4/1/21 as Alistar.
Doesn't beat quadrajungle. 3-minute dragon. 15-minute baron. Guaranteed.

EDIT: Or whatever the dragon timer is.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Honestly, though, if you're going to have 4 smites, make the fifth guy take smite, and get that much more smite goodness.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly, though, if you're going to have 4 smites, make the fifth guy take smite, and get that much more smite goodness.
Fifth guy wasn't into the idea. We gave him mid.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Dragon spawns at 2:30.
And all smite games are good.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double jungling is the new thing.

Haha

Anyway, new balance patch makes me wonder why they are buffing gragas? I play him regularly and he is strong, not only against aps with his easy to hit, long range AoE + sustain and large hp pool, so screw you burst mage - but also against ADs, with said range and debuffs... his ulty (on a dangerously short cooldown with CD) is janna ulti-like utility and can turn any teamfight, if only by dmg.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would anyone be interested in a Cho guide for jungling and such? I'd like to share what I've come up with so we can see more of the guy running around.
I'd be interested.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Good read. I've played around some with Cho'Gath, and I get the gist of what you're saying about being a troubleshooter of sorts, zipping around to disrupt pushes, hit undefended lanes, etc.

Maybe I missed it, but what summoner spells do you go with? Smite, obviously. But what about the second? Teleport, for increased battlefield mobility? or do you figure with L5 Boots, it's kind of superfluous and go for Exhaust or Ignite instead?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1067