Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270555 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

SS as in Missing in Action.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

SS as in Missing in Action.
Huh. Never actually seen that in use.

Had a string of bad PvP matches lately, though finally redeemed by a surrender-win the other day when I hauled out Taric. I finished 0/7/8 but was considered team MVP, because the enemy team was full of carries. We were losing pretty hard until a pattern emerged: I'd charge in slightly ahead of the rest of the team (often from a different direction) as the enemy massed to push mid. They'd burn all their ults focusing me down, and then the rest of my team would hit them while they were standing over my charred, smoking corpse. And usually I'd managed to get off a Shatter to drop their armor, and sometimes an item active debuff. After a couple of aces allowed us to push their midlane up to the inhib turret, they surrendered 5-0.

Sacrificial lamb is best lamb.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Mia is more of a US Server thing while ss is common to EU servers.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depends who you ask, ss can also mean "safe/secure" (as in, stay safe and secure, someone is mia) - and then America is just full of rude people - that all speak one language.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Depends who you ask, ss can also mean "safe/secure" (as in, stay safe and secure, someone is mia) - and then America is just full of rude people - that all speak one language.
Talk Amurrican or gtfo

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I have good news and bad news.

Good news first: Mantheon crushes Darius.

Bad news: You can never ult as Mantheon without your team leaving you
My brother managed to ult into the baron and take it from the enemy team. And then somehow walked away. I was very impressed.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile

I find panths that gumba stomp adorable (meaning they are in a 1 on 1 autoattack fight with you... and choose to ult, right on you).

Had a ton of bad games on the NA servers, good ones on EU --- and i blame this:

NA servers have been on longer, everyone there had lvl 30, if they are good or not, if they play a lot or not, just the time alone makes people reach it.
EU servers have a lot of people on lvl 30, but casuals/trolls/noobs/perma-feeders did not reach lvl 30 yet and by chance you are matched less with them.

Am I being silly? I have great people on EU, teams that ward and know what ss/mia means and that don't go insta-pick-or-troll all day...

I have a hard time understanding why such poor logic as this is so prevalent.  Whatever is true of the quality of your teammates is true for the quality of your opponents as they are drawn equally from the same pool.  If that pool is really that inferior to you, you ought to stand out and dominate every game.

The simple fact remains that due to the way matchmaking is designed almost every player will lose half the time, and win half the time.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Can't entirely agree. If it were purely a game of 1-on-1 duels, I'd see your point. But you can have players who are individually unskilled but cooperate, vs. a team that is individually unskilled and don't cooperate. The cooperating team is going to win virtually every time. Since it's mix and match, you're unlikely to wind up with all 5 of one kind or another, but even having 2 that cooperate in a single lane together can have a major impact on a game. They're liable to win their lane, which affects the dynamics for the other two lanes as the enemies in those lanes shift to try and help out, as the successful pair get fed, as they're able to gank other lanes, etc.

Hell, all things being equal, even just having one competent mid laner vs. one incompetent mid-laner can make or break a game.

Maybe it's just that Europeans in general are more used to cooperation as a model instead of lone-wolfing it everywhere. Too many Big Damn Heroes = team fail. Hell, maybe I'll create an account on the EU servers and see how it goes.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile

The point is that it would happen to your team just as often as the other team.  If you are having a losing streak it is just that, a streak in what is statistically going to happen. 

It is more likely that the difference in play style is due to the time of day you're playing in each continent.

Terms like perma-feeder to describe pick up team mates makes me facepalm.  You've only ever played a single game with them. Getting outplayed in lane phase happens. You can't chalk this up to a failure of your teammates every time.  Sometimes its the skill or luck of your opponent.  Like a Nid game of mine that stands out in particular, the enemy bot lane couldn't catch a break on their jukes,  their teammates berated them, but it was me being on fire and  correctly guessing all their dodges, and landing several blind tower kill spears.

My big take away:  the only statistic difference between your team and their team is you.  The rest plays out in team comp, luck, and morale.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I'm Nautilus, giving blue buff to Ahri. Our Twitch walks up and takes it.

"sorry lag"

Lag does not cause you to walk up and take blue buffs. You're just a prick.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

The point is that it would happen to your team just as often as the other team.  If you are having a losing streak it is just that, a streak in what is statistically going to happen. 

It is more likely that the difference in play style is due to the time of day you're playing in each continent.

Terms like perma-feeder to describe pick up team mates makes me facepalm.  You've only ever played a single game with them. Getting outplayed in lane phase happens. You can't chalk this up to a failure of your teammates every time.  Sometimes its the skill or luck of your opponent.  Like a Nid game of mine that stands out in particular, the enemy bot lane couldn't catch a break on their jukes,  their teammates berated them, but it was me being on fire and  correctly guessing all their dodges, and landing several blind tower kill spears.

My big take away:  the only statistic difference between your team and their team is you.  The rest plays out in team comp, luck, and morale.

But if it's not 100% my team's fault then it might be partially my faaaaault!

Here's a cool thing for overly critical team-players to do.  Get LoLRecorder, record some games where you lost, and watch yourself through the same lens you watch your teammates.
Shoes...

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still disappointed that LoL doesn't have an innate recorder/replayer yet. I mean, it does have spectator mode but that isn't the same thing.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They mentioned months ago (even before spectator mode popped up in tournaments... so maybe it was closer to years at this point :-\) that spectator mode is a stepping stone along the path to replays, so we're closer than we were. It doesn't mean we're close, but at least we're closer.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Next champ is Darius's brother, Draven. He's a ranged AD and he throws axes.
Wicked Blades Draven's Critical Strikes deal bonus physical damage over time. Spinning Axe also causes this effect even if it does not Critically Strike.
Spinning Axe Draven's next attack will deal bonus damage. This axe will ricochet off the target high up into the air. If Draven catches it, he automatically readies another Spinning Axe. Draven can have two Spinning Axes at once.
Blood Rush Draven gains increased Movement Speed and Attack Speed. The Movement Speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration. Catching a Spinning Axe will refresh the cooldown of Blood Rush.
Stand Aside Draven throws his axes, dealing physical damage to targets hit and knocking them aside. Targets hit are slowed.
Whirling Death Draven hurls two massive axes to deal physical damage to each unit struck. Whirling Death slowly reverses direction and returns to Draven after striking an enemy champion. Draven may also activate this ability while the axe is in the flight to cause it to return early. Deals less damage for each unit it hits and resets when the axes reverse direction.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Draven appears to be a ranged AD. Or at least ranged caster. He has a 525 AA range, if I remember correctly.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 1067