Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270762 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Current meta is that you have a bruiser top, bruiser/assassin jungler, AP mage mid, AD carry and tank/healer support bot. It is very boring, as this has been going of for a very long time. I miss the days where we all just picked random champions and then whined how the team sucks. Also the thing that every goddamn game has either a Riven, Darius or Ashe is furiating. Especially if there are multiple of all those.

On the other hand, I played Xin Zhao jungle today. As you might know, Xin is kinda UP at the moment. I was against a Lee Sin who also jungled. Their Lee started by invading my red with his team. I calmly took my time with my blue, and then after killing it, I went for Lee's red. He had no clue. After stealing it, I continued jungling normally, and stole Lee's blue as well. He tried to invade my jungle later on too, but me and Anivia from midlane fucked him up. Many times. He dared not to come again after getting killed by us 2 or 3 times. Felt good to screw with Lee Sin.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

So then people get pretty pissed when you counter the meta and stomp their asses?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

So then people get pretty pissed when you counter the meta and stomp their asses?
Depends. Did they do so in an infuriating way, or was it in an epic way? Because the latter is amazing.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Do you mean was the win amazing or was the rage amazing? Because I can say both. Pulling a win out of your ass after getting down an entire row of turrets by changing tactics a little bit is pretty awesome, and then seeing the other team rage about it because is pretty awesome too. But I know infuriating wins, too. When it seems that no matter what you do you are doomed to failure, and people stubbornly carry on with the same exact tactics.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Mostly, people just get pretty pissed when you stomp their asses.

There are also people who don't understand how the meta works and just think it's going to get them free wins because the pros say so. They get mad because they think you're cheating them out of the wins they deserve by not thinking for themselves.

On the flip side, there are the people who don't understand the meta and just think that it's a bunch of fotm stuff, so when your counterjungle strategy with Shyvana destroys their super hipster jungle Morgana, they get mad because you're being "cheap".

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup. Other things to break the meta include, but are not limited to, sending Vayne top to deal with bruisers, sending your AD carry mid to deal with Kassadin, sending your bruisers bot to deal with the AD carry and support.

The reason Vayne top works is because she has good damage, but low range, so melee bruisers have a bit of a difficult time dealing with her and her percentile true damage.

AD Carries in mid work against Kassadin because they're not affected by his silence or his passive. Ashe works especially well in this regard pre-6.

I'm not sure why double bruiser bot works, but it does, apparently. I haven't really tried it.

All-bruiser teams break the meta (and break face) because they're both pretty heavy damage and pretty difficult to kill, as opposed to the traditional meta, where it's "Kill AP and AD carry to win".

Which is why I'm starting to take Cho'Gath bottom, because he brings natural utility, tankiness, AND damage to the table. Blitzcrank is similar, but his utility is far more in exchange for less damage.

I think I've got a decent grasp on LoL's mechanics by now. I hope. There are a lot more strategies than are immediately obvious and the meta isn't always right.
Also often called Boowells.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Well, I feel kind of bad now. I was running Cho'Gath all over the place to whatever lane needed back up, and I ended up growing him up to five stacks and pretty much ganking champions that were in the middle of a fight. I was pretty much taking meta and kicking it in the face, saying 'fuck you I do what I want!'.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I feel kind of bad now. I was running Cho'Gath all over the place to whatever lane needed back up, and I ended up growing him up to five stacks and pretty much ganking champions that were in the middle of a fight. I was pretty much taking meta and kicking it in the face, saying 'fuck you I do what I want!'.

This is why I like Cho'Gath. You can pretty much build anything on him except AD/health regen/mana regen and he's golden. Although, he does prefer tanky stuff like Frozen Heart/Force of Nature. I like getting a Deathcap on him, too. I found out recently that his ultimate scales with AP (although afterwards I felt a bit stupid for not figuring that out earlier). True damage is the best.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Best non-meta strategy is the aoe ult bullshit.  If they know what your'e doing and know how to counter it you'll probably lose (The counter is split pushing.  If they can't kill your entire team in one category five fuckstorm they can't win.), but if they're not prepared (Very few players are) then you'll walk all over them.

Also the four tanks (Or three tanks and support morgana) plus Kog'maw setup.  That one fucking sucks to play against.

Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also the four tanks (Or three tanks and support morgana) plus Kog'maw setup.  That one fucking sucks to play against.

LeBlanc says "Fuck you" to the Kog'Maw and nukes him 100% to 0%.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

That's why he gets a Guardian Angel, and that's why the Morg is there. 

But yeah, that's the idea.  I beat a team like that a long time ago with pre-rework Jax, just suicide diving hte kog'maw and letting my team clean up when he was dead.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but the whole teamfight is initiated because their Kog'Maw getting nuked out of the blue really throws a wrench into the works. Those few seconds of no Kog is crucial.

Not to mention your ult is on a ~25 second cooldown whereas his Guardian Angel is on a 4 minute cooldown. Although, I admit, getting into a good position is somewhat difficult.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Whoa, sorry to break up the meta chat, but check dis out :

There is info in the live game client right now, in this here file
\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.0.147\deploy\assets\data\gameStats\gameStats_en_US.sqlite
about this dashing fellow:

Draven: The Axe Thrower:

Unlike his brother Darius, victory in battle was never enough for Draven. He craved recognition, acclaim, and glory. He first sought greatness in the Noxian military, but his flair for the dramatic went severely underappreciated. Thirsting for a method to share ''Draven'' with the world, he turned his attention to the prison system. There he carved out the celebrity he desired by turning the tedious affair of executions into a premiere spectacle.

At Draven's first execution, he shocked onlookers when he ordered the doomed prisoner to run for dear life. Just before the man managed to flee from sight, Draven brought him down with a flawless throw of his axe. Soon, all Draven’s executions became a gauntlet through which Noxian prisoners raced for a final chance at life. He used this trial as his own personal stage, and turned executions into a leading form of entertainment. He rallied onlookers into a frenzy, while desperate prisoners scrambled to evade him. They never succeeded. Rejecting the solemn, black uniforms of Noxian executioners Draven donned bright outfits and developed flashy signature moves to distinguish himself. Crowds flocked to see Draven in action, and tales of his performances spread quickly. As his popularity grew, so did his already-inflated ego. He belonged at the center of attention. Before long, the scope of his ambitions outgrew the population of Noxus. He decided that the glorious exploits of Draven should be put on display for the entire world.

'The best' is wherever I decide to set the bar each day.

Range: 525
Movespeed: 305
Armor: 16.0
Armor/lvl: 3.3
Mana base: 240
Mana per level: 42
MP/5: 1.39
MP/5/lvl: 0.13
Health/5: 1.0
HP/5/lvl: 0.14
Health: 420
Health per level: 82
Attack base: 46.5
Attack per level: 3.5

Rating:
Attack 9
Defense 5
Magic 3
Difficulty 4

*If Draven doesn't move, Spinning Axe will fall near his present location. It will fall directly on him, or just to the right or left.
*If Draven does move after attacking, Spinning Axe will lead him in the direction of his movement. Use this to control where the spinning Axe will go.

Countering:
*Launch skillshots toward the landing position of Draven's Spinning Axes.
*Disrupt Draven with the goal of making him drop his axes. If you do, his power drops dramatically.

Skills:
Q: Spinning Axe: Draven's next attack will deal bonus damage. The bonus is equal to 50/60/70/80/90% of his total Attack Damage.
This axe will ricochet off the target high up into the air. If Draven catches it, he automatically readies another Spinning Axe.
Draven can have two Spinning Axes at once. Range: 300

W: Blood Rush: Draven gains 40/45/50/55/60% increased Movement Speed for 1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5 seconds and 20/25/30/35/40% increased Attack Speed for 3/3/3/3/3 seconds. The Movement Speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration.
Catching a Spinning Axe will refresh the cooldown of Blood Rush.

E: Twin Axe: Draven throws his axes, dealing 70/100/130/160/190 (+) physical damage to targets hit and knocking them aside. Targets hit are slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2/2/2/2/2 seconds.

R: Whirling Death: Draven hurls two massive axes to deal 175/275/375 (+) physical damage to each unit struck.
Whirling Death slowly reverses direction and returns to Draven after striking an enemy champion. Draven may also activate this ability while the axe is in the flight to cause it to return early. Deals 8% less damage for each unit it hits (Minimum 40/40/40%) and resets when the axes reverse direction.

Passive: Draven's Critical Strikes deal bonus physical damage over time. Spinning Axe also causes this effect even if it does not Critically Strike.

So... this might possibly be the next champion.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

So I just played a match where the enemy team nearly immediately had two players disconnect and never be seen again, and one player that was off and on. The two that stayed on and the guy that was off and on were all ranged champions. Our entire team was four melee, and one ranged, and I was playing Cho'Gath. We lost. Hard. How does this even happen? How do two rangers defeat an entire team? I could barely level with Cho because I would farm a lane nobody was in only to get bumrushed out of nowhere by the rangers, whom I couldn't kill because I was underleveled.

I have no idea what went wrong, and frankly it was kind of ridiculous.

EDIT: I know this isn't the place to vent, but I'm legitimately wondering how they won.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:33:20 pm by jc6036 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Looks like they didn't mean to leave Draven in the client, there's a thread about him on LoL but it got deleted.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1067