Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270781 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

ah k
hmm swain's bug interesting how they end up with a bug that makes his ult cost no mana.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I have had 4 games with a Darius in them. 3 of the times both teams had Darius, one game only enemy team had one. In all 3 games where both teams had a Darius, ours sucked big time, and the enemy Darius got fed. In the one game where we didn't have Darius, the enemy Darius fed. So, I have came up with a hypothesis:

If there are 2 Dariuses in the game, ours will suck.
If the enemies have a Darius but we don't, he will suck.
I assume that if our team has a Darius but enemies don't, he will do good.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Zephiroth.Zeph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice! :)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

I was playing a game as jungle shy and I see an amumu right next to my cleared blue buff at level three and 300 health. I kill the amumu. He all chats saying that shy's OP and that I'm a cunt.

We won that game hard even though they had a fed Darius because at the end of the day it doesn't matter how good you are if your amumu's a failure and Kog only gets kills when he dies in teamfights and steals them.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, apparently, the way to beat Darius is to send Garen top. Darius does not have any escapes and just can't deal with Garen's early game power.

Funny thing is, we had a team of all tanky characters. I took Cho middle, we had Shen jungle, I think, and then there was Nautilus and another bruiser down at bot. All-bruiser team is powerful against the meta. :P

So long as the bruisers are being played well, I mean. Personally, I had twice the farm of Ahri by the time people started leaving their lanes. With a few good jungle ganks from Shen, the Taric/Varus combo down at bot was sufficiently crumbled. Top lane, Garen just kept killing Darius. It was funny. Bruisers just have everything you could ever want in a character.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

So, apparently, the way to beat Darius is to send Garen top. Darius does not have any escapes and just can't deal with Garen's early game power.
Darius is Garen's evil twin. He never was quite as good in ballet doing a death vortex, so he refined his woodcutting execution skills.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Yeah, the only thing Garen has on Darius is the early game. Even Morello (AKA Mr. I troll the forums) said "Yeah, we want to work on the whole Darus does pretty much everything Garen does  but better".

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, it worked. It might've been just because we had the more skilled team, although bot gave away first blood to Varus.

So, I've got a question: Do all-bruiser teams actually work really well in normals? I mean, if you split up the damage between AP/AD/True (Irelia with Wit's End at top and Cho'Gath in mid being fine examples of hybrid damage)?

I mean, most people just follow the meta that's set forth in the competitions, but those don't really apply to normals, especially at the lower Elo, right? Could I make a case for playing Cho'Gath in any lane AND the jungle? That would be awesome. I'm tired of having to play Blitzcrank support, no matter how good it is.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

All Bruiser is a great way to crush the traditional meta. Even 2 bruisers bot is enough to send support/ad packing.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Ugh, so much Jargon going on in this thread. Anybody care to clue me in on some of the more used stuff?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Ugh, so much Jargon going on in this thread. Anybody care to clue me in on some of the more used stuff?
You should quote a post for us to translate into English. American English.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Funny thing is, we had a team of all tanky characters. I took Cho middle, we had Shen jungle, I think, and then there was Nautilus and another bruiser down at bot. All-bruiser team is powerful against the meta. :P

So long as the bruisers are being played well, I mean. Personally, I had twice the farm of Ahri by the time people started leaving their lanes. With a few good jungle ganks from Shen, the Taric/Varus combo down at bot was sufficiently crumbled. Top lane, Garen just kept killing Darius. It was funny. Bruisers just have everything you could ever want in a character.
Hey, it worked. It might've been just because we had the more skilled team, although bot gave away first blood to Varus.

So, I've got a question: Do all-bruiser teams actually work really well in normals? I mean, if you split up the damage between AP/AD/True (Irelia with Wit's End at top and Cho'Gath in mid being fine examples of hybrid damage)?

I mean, most people just follow the meta that's set forth in the competitions, but those don't really apply to normals, especially at the lower Elo, right? Could I make a case for playing Cho'Gath in any lane AND the jungle? That would be awesome. I'm tired of having to play Blitzcrank support, no matter how good it is.
I was playing a game as jungle shy and I see an amumu right next to my cleared blue buff at level three and 300 health. I kill the amumu. He all chats saying that shy's OP and that I'm a cunt.

We won that game hard even though they had a fed Darius because at the end of the day it doesn't matter how good you are if your amumu's a failure and Kog only gets kills when he dies in teamfights and steals them.

I know that some of this is just shortened champion names, and the only ones I got were Garen and Cho'Gath.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bruisers - really beefy damage dealers who take and deal out damage effectively.
AD - Attack Damage (Usually means physical damage)
AP - Ability Power (Usually means magic damage)
True - True damage (ignores magic resist and armor)
Shy - Shyvana
Normals - normal queue, either blind pick or draft mode
Hybrid - does both magic and physical damage. Or true damage.
Kog - Kog'Maw
Blue buff - Large golem in the jungle with little blue rocks. It gives a buff that grants Cooldown Reduction and... I think... 1% max mana regeneration per second.

Most of the other champion names you can just look up in the store to find out more. I think that's all the jargon that was used. Or most of it anyway.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, I keep seeing the word 'meta' as well. What does it mean within context of LoL? (I assume it has to do with champion selection or somesuch.)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Darius Dominion Trip Report:

My kind of guy <3

So he's a melee dps, occasionally a tanky one, but don't count on that. What you're supposed and even mechanically encouraged to do is killsteal. Killsteal with your ult, killsteal with your Q, killsteal with your passive, which does about 350 damage with 5 stacks, which are not that hard to build, honestly. I levelled Q first because it's direct damage, the slow is not that useful in Dominion, and you only need one point in the hook to hook people, but damage is damage.

I also found that while you could build tanky - phage, fratmas, frozen heart, it's not in any way useful. You are not an initiator, you have no way to initiate a fight, because your pull is really short-ranged and more serves to stop people from running away and annoy your teammates when they miss skillshots rather than start a fight a la Blitzcrank. All a tanky build accomplishes is to reduce your damage. My last few games I built mainly damage - start Prospectors and boots, Ninja Tabi/Merc Threads, Sanguine Blade, Warden Mail, More Damage(Last whisper/Brutalizer, whatever), finish Randuin's because why not. Run around, catch their carries out of position, slap casters for a quarter of their health, kill EVERYTHING with your ult. If your ult goes on cooldown, you are A Bad Darius, yes you are.

Darius feels and sounds incredible, except his laugh, which is fit for annoying your teammates pre-game and nothing else. The skill sounds, especially Q and R are amazing, his voice is not annoying. He looks like a Space Marine which is good, since I like Warhammer 40K, but his hair is silly and in all honesty he is not an interesting or original looking character in any way.

And now the most important thing : yes, he kind of does need a nerf.

His kit is decent, not too much utility, no escape mechanism apart from a single slow, but the damage he does is rather huge even with tanky items. I've heard a full tanky dps build still gives him about 200 total AD on SR, which is 1k true damage ult with 5 stacks of bleed - that is fun for the player, not really for the other team. Even on Dominion I've had cases where I go to gank bot, kill whoever is there, then run top where a teamfight is going on and just triple kill the point since everyone is low. The ult basically is an automatic -30% to people's health, since if they go below that it's QR rinse repeat. I don't think nerfing the cooldown reset on kill would be worth it, though, since it's what makes him feel so damn powerful; just reducing the damage gained from the passive stacks seems the most reasonable solution. Also the passive might need a bit of a nerf too, but it's quite hilarious to still get kills after you're dead.

All in all, I'm really happy with Darius not just because he is overpowered right now (at least on Dominion), but because playing him feels satisfying. Landing his Q, his hook, his ult - it makes you feel like a murdermachine. He is a low skill ceiling champion for sure, but we can't have all champions be Lee Sin now, can we.

edit about the meta : JC, it's kind of hard to explain, but the meta is basically the strategy beyond the individual game. It's the preferred way to play the game - having top be solo lane, AP mid, AD carry/support bot, jungler - this is the meta. Breaking the meta is ignoring this over-arching strategy to accomplish a different goal - the kill lane bot, not having a jungler, sending an AD carry top vs the enemy bruiser - hoping that this counters the commonly accepted over-arching strategy. It also determines which champions are considered good, since they fit this over-arching strategy - things like Soraka as a support, junglers who clear fast and can counterjungle now, compared to the old jungle which favoured junglers with a safer clear like Warwick.

The thing is, it's accepted because it works without too much effort, although the meta shifts around often, mostly around tournaments, since the pro teams really understand what makes things commonly accepted, what makes them work, and how to work around them, while Johhny RandomeloScrub just knows this and this works fine, go for it. It also makes things a bit boring occasionally, though with the advent of Moscow5 and their comparatively more unorthodox strategies (you can thank them for popularizing counterjungling, for example, with Shyvana) this has forced even other teams to try out new things, thus spreading some weird choices.

Also holy shit this post is long.

edit : 800 god damn words. I have written essays for contests that are shorter than this. God have mercy.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:25:45 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1067