Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270808 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Spectator Mode + Varus - 1.0.0.139
« Reply #8340 on: May 22, 2012, 05:52:24 pm »

This thread is the original. Here's the r/leagueoflegends post.

To me, it's less "you can get banned for breaking the meta" and more "you can get banned for being a dick to your team". I know the solo queue attitude is "fuck my team, they're a bunch of shitty noobs i need to carry" but that's a toxic attitude and it leads to bad games where your team is like "don't play AP yi" and you're like "fuck you, i'm more important than you guys, i'm playing AP yi" and I think that's reportable.

Actually, I've found AP Yi to be almost as annoying as mid Soraka. He's crazy sustainable and goddamn why does alpha strike hurt so much? I mean, granted, I was playing Annie, who's all about the burst damage, so it may be different had I been playing, say, Cassiopeia or Anivia, but JESUS, with a few Doran's Rings he could just meditate back up to full health and still be a pain in the ass for the whole team. Meditate just has a crazy crazy AP ratio.

I suppose this is beside the point, though.
Also often called Boowells.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: May 22, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »

I really don't see the problem with that. The guy says if you want to be a stupid fuck keep it in normal, where it means fuck all. Hell, he even suggests just talking over this shit with his teammates or finding people who know what's going on.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: May 22, 2012, 06:32:31 pm »

Yeah, but you know how the community likes to get worked up into a frothing rage over the idea of someone getting banned unjustly, even especially when the person is pretty obviously being a dick in other ways.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: May 22, 2012, 08:48:05 pm »

I just had the most horrible nightmare.

I was fighting a team with Kennen, Morg, and Janna. I dreamed that we never could ever initiate on them. I was Amumu. I know why he cries now.

*Checks Match History*

Oh god...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: May 22, 2012, 10:54:59 pm »

Yeah, but you know how the community likes to get worked up into a frothing rage over the idea of someone getting banned unjustly, even especially when the person is pretty obviously being a dick in other ways.

I've noticed the exact opposite, actually - anyone who claims to have been banned unjustly tends to get a righteous kicking in at least the first few pages of the thread.
 This particular chap seems to have been banned for performing badly -the games he won with his offbeat picks were not reported eg. he had a win and a loss with his AP Hecarim, only getting reported for the loss. So the message from Riot seems to be that you are only allowed to break the meta if you win when you do so.

I just had a great idea to cut out a lot of red tape - anyone who loses a ranked game should get instantly banned from ranked for the next 24 hours.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: May 22, 2012, 11:09:38 pm »

I've noticed the exact opposite, actually - anyone who claims to have been banned unjustly tends to get a righteous kicking in at least the first few pages of the thread.

Okay, yeah, there's two types of people. The first kind goes "I was banned for doing nothing" and they get their ass kicked. There's the second kind that goes "I was banned for doing [insert thing the community believes people get banned unjustly for]" and they get support. If you know how to play into the community's paranoia, you'll get positive results.

This particular chap seems to have been banned for performing badly -the games he won with his offbeat picks were not reported eg. he had a win and a loss with his AP Hecarim, only getting reported for the loss. So the message from Riot seems to be that you are only allowed to break the meta if you win when you do so.

I feel like you're getting the cause and effect mixed up. If you go "hey, i want to play AP hecarim mid" and your team says it's okay, you've got a good chance to win and you won't get reported. If you say you want AP hec mid and your team says no, and you say "fuck you, i do what i want" then you've just made your team far more likely to lose and you probably deserve to get reported.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8346 on: May 23, 2012, 12:57:35 am »

But what about the times when you actually pick a decent AP mid (like Veigar) but your team still says "no, pick someone else"? People don't like Veigar, people don't like AP Hecarim, but both can work in mid. You shouldn't get reported for not picking someone who everyone picks.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: May 23, 2012, 01:36:34 am »

Do you see anybody getting banned for picking good champions when their team wrongly thought their champion was bad? I haven't heard of one.

Either there aren't enough players out there that think Veigar is a reportable offense to actually get anyone banned, or tribunal players are aware enough of what's generally good and bad to determine when the reported guy is right.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: May 23, 2012, 02:19:20 am »

I feel like you're getting the cause and effect mixed up. If you go "hey, i want to play AP hecarim mid" and your team says it's okay, you've got a good chance to win and you won't get reported. If you say you want AP hec mid and your team says no, and you say "fuck you, i do what i want" then you've just made your team far more likely to lose and you probably deserve to get reported.

The problem here is that the tribunal does not give you access to what happened in the pre-game chat, so we are left to speculate.
 The other point is that only I know which champions I happen to be skilled with - so if the team demand that I play support, I might well choose Fiddlesticks, knowing that he's my best champion - after all I might be utterly hopeless with Soraka, so I'm just giving my team the best possible chance of winning.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: May 23, 2012, 04:36:49 am »

Honestly, if the guy got reported, he did something wrong, that's for sure. He might have sucked, he might not have communicated, whatever.

What's more worrisome to me is the reason "you chose champions unsuited for their role". Because screw you Riot, you're not telling me what to play. If I suck, punish me for sucking - but playing poorly has been repeatedly stated to not be a bannable offense; if I'm trolling, or intentionally feeding - punish me for that, if I'm refusing to communicate - you get the point. Don't punish me for not conforming to the meta, especially since a lot of these reports are in lower elo, in higher elo noone really cares too much, and in lower elo very few people actually understand the meta, so one guy who does can get reported for bullshit. If I'm 1200 elo and I play an unorthodox pick and we lose, it's more likely we lost because of individual player errors, not because OH NOES THE META IS BORKEN.

On the other hand it is a low-level support, so I doubt anyone cares about him, but it's still not very good to me.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8350 on: May 23, 2012, 04:47:26 am »

Honestly, if the guy got reported, he did something wrong, that's for sure
People can report even for no real reason.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: May 23, 2012, 04:57:50 am »

Sorry, I'm not thinking today :) Meant "punished". I know people report others for a dumpload of stupid reasons.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8352 on: May 23, 2012, 06:19:58 am »

Anyone notice how Riot has basically given up on making their owns champions, and they just rip off of DotA now?
Varus is a rip-off of Windrunner, Darius is a rip-off of Axe, and so on.

Now, I wouldn't mind this as much as I do now, but so many players see videos of DotA and then they're like "OMG these guys copy from riot burn in hell fags", and this pisses me off.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: May 23, 2012, 07:05:42 am »

Honestly, having the game called DOTA2 should be a sign to those ragers that those heroes "probably'' existed in the first DOTA as well. Seeing how the League of Legends is based on DOTA, even a 12 year old should understand that Valve didn't copy the heroes

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: May 23, 2012, 10:03:55 am »

Got around to playing Varus and Riven for the 1st time last night.

Varus: AS machinegunner like Teemo, but with that awesome chargable long-range shot. WHERE IS YOUR GOD TOWER NOW, HERO?
Excellent early-game harass, scary farmer once you get his AS up around 1.5, has problems with mana and long cooldowns early on.

Early-game Riven: Damn, you suck. Low HP, weak armor, slow move and AS....just shut up and farm. And try to stop dying all the time.

Late-game Riven with 4 Bloodthirsters: Solos Baron for shits and giggles.  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1067