Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270869 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Spectator Mode + Varus - 1.0.0.139
« Reply #8310 on: May 18, 2012, 08:01:40 pm »

But the cooldown on it is too long (8 seconds) and the scaling isn't good enough (0.6 AP) to make building mage worth it. Can't rely on his ult either, because of a long cooldown. Malphite is bit of an oddball anyways, none of his skills support each other all that much: Q is a generic MS stealing nuke which scales with AP, W is a short duration AD + ARmor steroid and passive cleave, E is an anti-carry AoE skill which scales with armor and ult is a dash/knockup which scales off of AP. And passive scales directly with Health, indirectly with armor and magic resist.
Basically you can buy pretty much anything for him, but if you do that you have a bruiser with some AP.

Then again you might ask why I like AP WW when he has only 1 skill which scales with AP. The reason for that is the lower cooldown and the heal.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: May 18, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »

Naw, I actually meant Malphite. I kinda classify him as a tanky mage because he does magic damage with his skllls mainly, aside from his W. Even if he scales with armor. I totally forgot about Maokai, but yeah, Maokai is played competitively as a jungle.
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: May 18, 2012, 08:20:33 pm »

No, the problem was the jungle remake. It butchered the carefully balanced triangle of junglers there was back then, which I've talked about a few times. The way they remade it put priority on creep murder and farming and 1v1 jungle combat, and took away much of the reward of ganking. Nobody can keep their jungle cleared, now. Nobody. For example, Udyr could clear his camps and then still have time to prey on the lanes. As I mentioned before, Nocturne was top tier more than in solo/duo queue. Nunu jungle was pretty good, because he had to put absolutely no time to cut into the enemy jungle, and it was actually meaningful. Counterjungling then had a different meaning than it does now, not to mention the way you can't clear for level 4 anymore.

I have a lot of bones to pick about junglers.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: May 18, 2012, 08:22:49 pm »

Shyvana can. She clears camps like it's nobody's business and then has like 2 seconds left of +40% movespeed from the leftover W. Trust me. I'd have an empty jungle so often were it not for the fact at the least one lane constantly needs ganks and that I'm uncomfortable with counterjungling too much, aside from wraith stealing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: May 18, 2012, 08:56:41 pm »

I steal wraiths constantly when I play mid, from first b (need a ward) onward.  I'm undecided on the jungle changes.

Also, I went over to the PBE to try Varus out and oh my god the new map is fucking incredible.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: May 18, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »

Yeah, after the first clear it's a lot more freeform, and since the jungle's less dangerous even the first clear has more room for changing things.  The way I played Noc in the old jungle basically kept me from ganking until after the first clear-to-4, because I couldn't survive if I got hurt in a gank.  Now I can gank a nearby lane at pretty much any time without worrying about it.
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: May 18, 2012, 10:33:39 pm »

While I might not enjoy seeing 4 junglers over and over again, nothing makes me more annoyed than Riot dumbing the game down. If I see one more jungle Veigar (because "hurp derp I can clear jungle veigar #1 jungle now") I'm going to break my policy and ragequit.

Level 2 ganks aren't any more viable than they were before. Anybody who can gank level 2 probably will, because the jungle is so much less rewarding for so much more running around, and anybody who can't gank level 2 is going to wait till level 4.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: May 18, 2012, 10:47:46 pm »

While I might not enjoy seeing 4 junglers over and over again, nothing makes me more annoyed than Riot dumbing the game down. If I see one more jungle Veigar (because "hurp derp I can clear jungle veigar #1 jungle now") I'm going to break my policy and ragequit.

Level 2 ganks aren't any more viable than they were before. Anybody who can gank level 2 probably will, because the jungle is so much less rewarding for so much more running around, and anybody who can't gank level 2 is going to wait till level 4.

I don't know where the hell you're seeing jungle Veigar, because I'd probably first see jungle Annie before Veigar. Veigar's stupid in the jungle. If Annie wasn't so dependent on blue buff and could actually sustain a bit, she might be a bit more viable.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8318 on: May 18, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »

Y'all should see Heimerdinger jungle. He can jungle Wraiths with his turrets while he is beating the crap outta the wolves with his grenades and rockets. Not to mention that passive regen.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: May 19, 2012, 04:24:20 am »

OGN final, mig blaze vs. mig frost, on game two so far:
http://www.own3d.tv/ognlol
edit: shyvana just enabled a couple of ganks :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:26:08 am by baruk »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8320 on: May 19, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »

I think Riot's servers crashed or something. The forums don't work and can't log in, it even froze during champion select.

Did anyone get kicked out mid-game?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: May 20, 2012, 09:23:12 am »

I played support Cho'Gath.

Bot lane was Ashe and Shen. Both of them had 400 ping.

I missed less than six ruptures in that whole game. It was hilarious.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: May 21, 2012, 07:04:12 am »

I'm really tired of seeing Blitzcrank every single game. Sure you can ward your bushes, sure you can passively farm creeps, but his lane presence is more annoying that Taric's. And come late game, he's still an initiating machine. No fall off, no trade offs but the 14 second cool down and the miniscule amount of mana. He's not broken or anything, just extremely annoying and game changing. They buffed him quite a few patches ago, I'm just hoping they increase his mana costs to make his early game a little less derpy strong.

I've seen some games where the opposing teams' carry just get totally obliterated but they still win cause Blitzcrank carried. His kit just screams annoying. Shield passive, Semi-spammable Pull/Displacement, Movement/Atk Speed steroid, HIGHLY spammable knockup, AOE silence.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:10:43 am by xDarkz »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: May 21, 2012, 08:31:43 am »

I'm really tired of seeing Blitzcrank every single game. Sure you can ward your bushes, sure you can passively farm creeps, but his lane presence is more annoying that Taric's. And come late game, he's still an initiating machine. No fall off, no trade offs but the 14 second cool down and the miniscule amount of mana. He's not broken or anything, just extremely annoying and game changing. They buffed him quite a few patches ago, I'm just hoping they increase his mana costs to make his early game a little less derpy strong.

I've seen some games where the opposing teams' carry just get totally obliterated but they still win cause Blitzcrank carried. His kit just screams annoying. Shield passive, Semi-spammable Pull/Displacement, Movement/Atk Speed steroid, HIGHLY spammable knockup, AOE silence.

The pull plus knockup is heavy CC. You absolutely need to juke the pull because it's not as spammable as you think.

Otherwise, the only way to make his early game presence less powerful is for a rework. And guess what? There are already quite a few champions needing a rework. I mean, how long ago was the stealth rework announced?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: May 21, 2012, 09:53:29 am »

Blitz (who i play a plenty) has fairly high mana cost, if I waste two grabs I'm oom ( and I run +max mana runes) and I found that a good alister counters blitz as far as support vs support goes.

If one had to nerf blitz (which you don't, he does like no dmg and has his role), I'd go for a cooldown increase.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1067