Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272562 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8220 on: May 06, 2012, 04:17:04 pm »

Riven is hard to beat up top. I imagine a good Teemo or Kennen could give her a hard time with their ranged harass. They also have speed boosts to avoid her gap closers. Renekton can do well against her too, but you have to be very aggressive and shut her down early because she scales into late game better than he does.

I think the champion I hate laning against the most is Yorick. His early harass/sustain is just way too annoying. On the upside even if he beats you in lane you can still come back and beat him later because he falls off pretty hard.
Yorick doesn't even have to do well to be good. All he needs to do is ult his carry, and he's done his job. It's like a reverse Mordekaiser.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: May 06, 2012, 04:20:43 pm »

Garen/Shen for me. Even when I don't lane against them, just having them in the other team means general annoyance and rage. They can easily get fed since they're quite strong early on and after that they become nigh-unkillable. You shouldn't focus them no, but god damn it they still do a ton of crap if you don't, and if you do you won't kill them since they're tanky as hell and in turn your team will get killed by their carry.

Freaking annoyances
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: May 06, 2012, 04:26:11 pm »

I played a game with the Rioter Awwww Yeeeaaahhhh for my birthday, and some other dude's birthday too. We lost, but it was a long and pretty evenly matched game.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: May 06, 2012, 07:01:58 pm »

Goddamned weekend crowd. Making me queuedodge again and again. I really really don't like noncommunicative, insta-locking teammates. I don't mind a player instantly calling a lane, but instantly locking in a champ who could go top or bottom, not even calling a lane, and then calling your teammates faggots in champ select is a recipe for disaster.

EDIT: Nevermind, I take it back. Just stomped a game as Jungle Jax. 4v5, Shen never showed up for the entire game. Xerath, Kog, and I carried. Graves was okay.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:56:13 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: May 07, 2012, 03:09:20 am »

It's not the weekend, it's the matchmaking. No matter how good you are your gonna lose around half your games.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:38 am »

It's not the weekend, it's the matchmaking. No matter how good you are your gonna lose around half your games.
It's the truth (I think).
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: May 07, 2012, 05:07:02 am »

Had some truly amazing games where I simply violated the meta and won em all...

Duo que with a friend, trying to get him into mid, while I roam as blitzkrank... (not trusting any pubbies, since we do know they respond to pings with 17 minutes delay) - cv, flash and my grab - that alone can screw every jungler over and after blue steal/firstblood, I just stalk there jungler while helping whatever lane goes back or is pushed (or steal jungle)...

Can't wait for a pro team to use something besides the meh-standart meta and then be copyed everywhere, would mix things up a little... but in the meantime, roam krank ftw (fiddle works well, too but he is a little weak early on...)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: May 07, 2012, 06:20:50 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95HtcUJSCg

The REAL reason riot nerfed supports.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: May 07, 2012, 08:21:26 am »

I'm on a 5-game win streak, and something like 12-3 over the last 15 PvP matches. Been fun pairing Taric with different champs to see what synergies are there. Taric+Veigar is interesting. My stun lasts just long enough that an attentive Veigar can drop Event Horizon around the enemy. First instinct for most people is to flee as soon as the stun wears off, and they flee right into the ring, stunning them for even longer. And/or if we're coordinating well and Veigar has his ult up....ouch. Instagib against AP champs. Also doubles as effective defense against gap closers. They leap in to whomp on the poor little crazed yordle, and get a faceful of Dazzle at close range, maximizing the dmg and giving Veigar time to run/flash to a safe distance. Of course, this often means they turn on me and things do not end kindly for me. :-/

I'm seeing that the real counter to Taric is someone like Katarina who can close the gap fast enough that I have difficulty targeting her for the stun, and does heaps of magic damage, which is unaffected by Taric's armor boosts. I have to consciously remember to build MR when I run into someone like that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: May 07, 2012, 05:12:25 pm »

I hate AD carries who think that their job in a team fight is to not die. You've probably seen the kind - they're master positioners, never in harm's way. Their problem is that they spend so much time right clicking the ground that they never actually right click the enemy team.

The AD carry's job is to not die so you can deal as much damage as possible. If you're not dealing that damage then you might as well jump into the center of the enemy team so you can tank a little.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »

I hate AD carries who think that their job in a team fight is to not die. You've probably seen the kind - they're master positioners, never in harm's way. Their problem is that they spend so much time right clicking the ground that they never actually right click the enemy team.

The AD carry's job is to not die so you can deal as much damage as possible. If you're not dealing that damage then you might as well jump into the center of the enemy team so you can tank a little.

I give AD carries a bit of leeway in this matter, because it might be partially some of the team's fault, too. If they get dived by the whole enemy team, they're going down, period, without dealing much damage either. You NEED to CC and be a distraction for the enemy team. Otherwise, the carry is probably right in staying away. Bruisers and AP carries make their life hell. I used to play Tristana, but I'm considering dropping her for, say, Vayne or Graves, once I buy them, because they can't be targeted as easily. Graves, especially. Having played him a few times on free week, he feels almost overpowered compared to how difficult it is to play Tristana.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: May 07, 2012, 09:35:29 pm »

I'm fine if they're waiting to feel safe, but when the entirety of your team is getting killed while you skirt the edge of your autoattack range and do nothing, you're going to get dived because the fight will quickly turn into a 5v1 once your team is gone.

also varus spotlight is out

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: May 08, 2012, 01:48:01 am »

I hope that Varus comes out tomorrow (technically today; it's 3am for me). Sweet Armok he looks like the kind of character that's right up my alley.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:54 am »

Needed Report reason:
"Unaware of other lanes"
"Unaware that this is infact not a singleplayer game"
"Unaware that there is more then k/d"

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: May 08, 2012, 07:36:07 am »

Oh god, Varus is going to be like release Vayne. I'm already terrified of the max hp %...
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 1067