Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272449 times)

Cearnaigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8175 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:33 pm »

Pantheon Blitzcrank too stronk for solo q.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: May 03, 2012, 08:06:27 am »

I'm increasingly of the opinion that they need to segregate the NA servers to English and Spanish/Portuguese. The language thing is a real sore spot in a lot of cases. Dunno how it is on the EU servers, but then they're more used to multilingualism there.

Or do they get "schrieb Deutsch Arschloch" comments too?

I don't really think it is as big of a deal as people make it out to be. From my experience players who's native language isn't English at least know enough of the language to get by in game. The players who truly can't speak English seem to be the minority, they just stand out more. I've lost more games because of native English speakers than I do from people who can't speak the language.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: May 03, 2012, 10:16:29 am »

True....I had one the other night where three of our team were going back and forth like crazy in chat all game in Portuguese, and just as we're about to hand out "gg" all around, our Kayle goes, "I wish I could understand a word of this".

I had assumed I was the only English speaker. xD

Totally unrelated: Is is just me, or does Hecarim seem destined to be the next Sejuani? (i.e. champ that seems fun at first, then nobody wins with it, and it gets tossed onto the scrappile). I haven't seen a game yet where a Hecarim has been a force to be reckoned with. Maybe it's just that people are still figuring out how to play him, but overall he doesn't strike fear into my heart.

Laned Taric w/ MF last night, to great effect. "Here's a stun for you, and there goes your armor, and now my ladyfriend here is going to introduce you to a world of hurt." Even though MF isn't the sort of bursty damage dealer like an Ahri or LeBlanc, she still synergizes well with Taric.

Also had my first in-game sighting of Karma (she and Cho'Gath were laning against me and TF). I can see her potential, but I also saw how weak she can be if not played to her potential. She's one of those you really need to play near the edge of death to be effective, like Tryndamere or Mundo or Sion. Only they're inherently somewhat tanky and she isn't. Karma seems like the kind to be woefully ineffective solo, somewhat effective in a duo lane, and a total badass in a 5v5 teamfight.

Also, that free 10 Win IP boost is really cramping my play lately, because I'm only playing 1 match a day (or at least, 1 win a day...usually win 1st try), cause I get close to 500 IP out of that first win. Be glad when it's gone, just so I can play more matches. And I should have enough IP to buy something/someone nice. I wish skins were purchasable with IP. 'Cause the default Taric is kinda bleh, but the Bloodstone Taric looks hella sweet.

The other Taric skin....the less said, the better.  ???
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:28:10 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: May 03, 2012, 11:58:29 am »

I think part of Hecarim's problem right now is that people don't know how to build him. Also, While I don't think he is one of the harder champions to play, I do think you need to get used to and understand his kit before you can do well with him. I haven't played enough of him to really know where he lies - but I do think he's better in solo q than Sejuani is. The problem I can see with him is that he requires a fair bit of gold to keep ahead of his opponents. If you're jungling this requires for you to have successful ganks, which can be hard if you have bad teammates.  I haven't played him toplane, so I don't know how well he does up there. At the end of the day I think Hecarim will probably suffer from the same thing that most champs do - that there are a few champions that can fill the role the he does better.

Sejuani's biggest problem I feel is that she requires very strong and coordinated team play to be effective. She is easily counterjungled by strong junglers, so if your team isn't quick to react to invasions then you are done for. She's an amazing ganker and has a very strong ultimate, but she can't carry on her own.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8179 on: May 03, 2012, 02:08:48 pm »

All Hecarims I see are jerks that gank me all the time and  ikeep losing lanes because of that. Late game they usually fall off though, but their ganks tend to be strong-as-fuck.

And haven't seen a Sejuani in like, forever. What champs are like that? Karma, Sejuani, Eve? (seen Eve much more often though)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: May 03, 2012, 02:36:19 pm »

Yeah, Eve seems to be coming back into style a bit. Seems to be pretty effective too, at least the ones I've seen.

That Karma sighting yesterday was literally the one and only time I've seen her used. Wasn't all that impressed, but then me and my lanemate were on our A game, so I'd be curious to see it again.

Sejuani is....just not there. Maybe occasionally when she was a freebie a few weeks back.

Orianna and Rumble are pretty damn rare too. And I tend not to see Gragas or Udyr unless they're a freebie.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: May 03, 2012, 03:31:08 pm »

Leona and Jarvan come to mind. Renekton and Anivia too. Noc seems to have fallen out of favor, sadly.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: May 03, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »

Price is part of it. Not as many people are going to have all those 6300IP characters.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: May 03, 2012, 04:44:28 pm »

Nocturne seems to be having a bit of a revival. When I first started playing League he was a very popular pick, but for a while I hardly saw him at all. I think League has a bit of a trickle down effect in terms of what champions are played more often. Players that watch high elo streamers will start playing champions that are picked a lot at high level play. For example I hardly ever saw jungle Mundo, but recently he became so popular and did so well that Riot ended up nerfing him.

Some champions suffer from changes in the meta. Karma for example doesn't really fit well because she's not very useful without items, and since the current meta has supports giving all the farm to their carries she doesn't really get picked often. It's also interesting to see how  a champion's role evolve. Jarvan used to be a solid solo top laner, but these days he's more favoured as a jungler.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:46:13 pm by Wiles »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: May 03, 2012, 07:31:57 pm »

When you joined, Mundo was probably in his former weakass form. He got buffs 5 or 6 patches ago, then suddenly became a monster, and then they made spell vamp quints, and then people discovered they have a massive amount of synergy with mundo, and then they started trying him more and more seriously, and then he became popular and got picked in tournaments and then he got nerfed.

With Noc, it's more a deal of power creep than anything. In the jungle remake a few patches ago where they made anybody able to jungle, they weakened the impact ganker junglers like Nocturne have, and strengthened control and farmer junglers.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: May 03, 2012, 08:11:21 pm »

Honestly, I think Nocturne is still pretty good. He's had this trend ever since release where people would play him a ton, Riot would nerf him, people would stop playing him, then later people would realize he's still really strong and start playing him again, then Riot would nerf him again, then people would stop playing him, then realize he's still really strong, and so on.

It's happened three or four times since he came out.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: May 03, 2012, 08:18:34 pm »

Now that Ire's been nuked to hell, better nerf nocturne?

Anyways, Noc might still have a place as a pubstomper, but in organized play with counterpicks, he gets destroyed. The new jungle isn't a place for ganking junglers with the prominence of champs who love to instantly nuke the entire jungle (Shyv, Mundo) or champs who want to duel with you (Shyv, Mundo....).

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: May 03, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »

But Nocturne has been seeing more play in higher level games lately, he was a popular pick/ban at IPL4.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:01:56 pm by Wiles »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: May 03, 2012, 10:17:13 pm »

But Nocturne has been seeing more play in higher level games lately, he was a popular pick/ban at IPL4.
It's because of his disruption in teamfights. If you get split up, then Nocturne can basically remove him from the next teamfight, or make this teamfight 4v5, because you're working with less information. He also ganks well, jungles well, and scales decently.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »

The new jungle isn't a place for ganking junglers with the prominence of champs who love to instantly nuke the entire jungle (Shyv, Mundo) or champs who want to duel with you (Shyv, Mundo....).

God dammit, this is so true. You make me feel like a try hard fuck for maining her.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1067