Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272433 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8130 on: April 27, 2012, 11:42:50 pm »

I was talking more about Morello's Evil Tome, insofar as the debuff goes; having 75 AP, a bit of mana regeneration and a 20% CDR in addition to the debuff makes it a good looking change, and brings it up to par for most of the endgame AP items.

Haunting Guise just looks tasty if you build specifically for it. I can imagine my Vlad build, if I swapped out my current AP for Magic Penetration runes (as well as getting Sorceror's Shoes), being particularly nasty. 20 MagPen from Shoes, 20 from HG, and 19 if you build full magic pen with runes, or just 14 if you decide blues are better off as MR.

Plus, mages who aren't able to get Lichbane for one reason or another will still have an option for movespeed, unlike tanks (who can easily write off Force of Nature) and carries (Phantom Dancer/Trinity Force).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:49:46 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: April 28, 2012, 12:26:21 am »

Except for guys like Dr. Swaindo the heal debuff isn't as important to me as the dot.  I'd never forgo ignite to take Morello.
Shoes...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8132 on: April 28, 2012, 03:04:52 am »

Except for guys like Dr. Swaindo the heal debuff isn't as important to me as the dot.  I'd never forgo ignite to take Morello.
I'm sorry, what?
410 damage at level 18, Mundo probably has +4000 HP so damage-wise it doesn't do jackshit because he heals it in 2 seconds. The heal reduction is much more potent than the damage itself against big healers.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: April 28, 2012, 07:53:17 am »

I'm sorry, what?
410 damage at level 18, Mundo probably has +4000 HP so damage-wise it doesn't do jackshit because he heals it in 2 seconds. The heal reduction is much more potent than the damage itself against big healers.

He's saying that for everyone but those two he doesn't care about it. So for Annie, he doesn't care. Mundo he's flipping his shit because he cannot go where he pleases.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8134 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:50 am »

I'm sorry, what?

He's saying that for everyone but those two he doesn't care about it. So for Annie, he doesn't care. Mundo he's flipping his shit because he cannot go where he pleases.
Oh yeah, I read it as he doesn't care of the heal reduction for guys like Mundo or Swain. My bad.

Bad Reading x 1
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: April 28, 2012, 11:14:00 am »

I dunno about Swain, but by the time you'd have bought MET or Executioner's, he's already past the point where grievous wounds stops being effective. He'll still be recovering 100 hp per second. I'm more interested in what sort of interactions this breeds for supports. A well timed MET could turn off the enemy healer. Janna and Lulu and other non-heal supports like Blitz are going to become a bit more powerful.

tl;dr Grievous Wounds isn't that effective vs. mega healers. MET's going to fight weaker healers like alistar.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: April 28, 2012, 11:16:15 am »

That's why you use three ignites.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: April 28, 2012, 11:24:24 am »

Played a game after a little over a month, took Trynda, facerolled solo top vs Nida and Mundo, they were pretty bad tho, none could land their skillshot properly, especially Nida who fired them all over the place for some reason :S

Next game I took Graves, sucked but we still won thanks to a super fed jungle Fiora :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: April 28, 2012, 11:33:27 am »

3 Igniting mundo past level 11 is the worst possible thing you could ever do with 3 summoner spells. Maybe if they turned regen off, but like I said above, he'll be recovering 100 hp per second with ignite, so why waste it?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: April 28, 2012, 11:56:02 am »

I dunno about Swain, but by the time you'd have bought MET or Executioner's, he's already past the point where grievous wounds stops being effective. He'll still be recovering 100 hp per second. I'm more interested in what sort of interactions this breeds for supports. A well timed MET could turn off the enemy healer. Janna and Lulu and other non-heal supports like Blitz are going to become a bit more powerful.

tl;dr Grievous Wounds isn't that effective vs. mega healers. MET's going to fight weaker healers like alistar.

I don't know about you, but I find Grievous Wounds to be actually horrifying as Mundo and Swain. It REALLY does cut down on their regeneration. Mundos can 1v2 for a ridiculously long time with a Warmog's or two. Swain with Rylai's/Deathcap can sustain for a long time in teamfights even without Zhonya's. Ignite effectively stops them from doing that. I'm pretty sure it works on lifesteal, too.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:29 pm »

I'm really glad DFG is losing its mana regen. Now all it needs is like 50 more range on the active so you don't have to overextend to burst with it.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8141 on: April 28, 2012, 12:52:54 pm »

I don't know about you, but I find Grievous Wounds to be actually horrifying as Mundo and Swain. It REALLY does cut down on their regeneration. Mundos can 1v2 for a ridiculously long time with a Warmog's or two. Swain with Rylai's/Deathcap can sustain for a long time in teamfights even without Zhonya's. Ignite effectively stops them from doing that. I'm pretty sure it works on lifesteal, too.
Yup, after they changed stuff like Visage working on all healing isntead of just regen/spell heals, and GW halving lfiesteal and spellvamp too, Teemo/Exhaust wasn't the only thing that shut down an AD Sion anymore. And a fed AD Sion heals as much as Mundo does.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: April 28, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »

I wonder, is there a way to check your ban? I thought I got banned for leaving/getting d/c'd at a certain point, but I checked it and no luck.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: April 28, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »

You should be able to see when you're unbanned when you try to log in.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: April 28, 2012, 02:54:28 pm »

The thing is that I SHOULD be unbanned today, but I see nothing yet, so it would be nice to have a specific time.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1067