Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272364 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8115 on: April 27, 2012, 04:56:16 pm »

I wish I could parse that picture, because it looks like it's supposed to be hilarious. I wish I had regular access to a computer capable of playing LoL, heh.
It requires knowledge of a game mechanic peculiar to Ryze - his abilities do more damage the more mana he has, so he can increase his damage output without buying ability power (AP) items. Every other mage will tend to build AP, so he's a bit of an oddball. Playing LoL at level 30 (so you can participate in the tribunal) and not knowing about this is a faux pas equivalent to being sat at the captain's table, complaining that your gazpacho soup is cold.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: April 27, 2012, 05:13:39 pm »

Spectator mode looks really awesome. I can't wait to lazily spectate my friends and then tell them how bad they are.

This actually seems really good, if it comes within this month, I'm gonna be quite happy.

It's the Varus patch. So, hopefully May 1.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: April 27, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »

I'm considering my first 6300 IP purchase.. a third runepage. I'm wondering if it's worth it so I can have a dedicated rune page for support, with gold/10 quints, or if a wider selection of champs would let me be a greater asset to my team. I only have the 450 IP champs so far, with 10k of IP in the bank.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:57:08 pm by baruk »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: April 27, 2012, 06:26:59 pm »

It depends. Do you like the champions you have now? Are you satisfied in your options? If you're not, a new champion will probably help the most.

Do you feel strained on rune options right now? Is this preventing you from being able to play all the champions you want to? If so, you might want a rune page.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »

Don't buy a 6300ip champ now.

A third rune-page is a good choice, as long as you have something to put in this (and not a pae for one champ only)...
I personnaly use 3 pages (for now) : AD, jungler, AP.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48:26 pm »

I have a few questions about pages and IP. Wait, so you can put IP in a bank? Or was that some kind of metaphor?

Also, can you use the same rune in different rune pages?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: April 27, 2012, 07:13:29 pm »

I have a few questions about pages and IP. Wait, so you can put IP in a bank? Or was that some kind of metaphor?
Metaphor. Probably a British idiom.

Also, can you use the same rune in different rune pages?
Yes

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »

Does anyone know where to find a good jungling guide?  I'm considering learning how to do it to be a bit more viable instead of being the usual AP carry Anivia or AD Wukong :)

edit: and where are you guys finding these preemptive patch notes?  I can't find them anywhere ._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: April 27, 2012, 08:39:17 pm »

It requires knowledge of a game mechanic peculiar to Ryze - his abilities do more damage the more mana he has, so he can increase his damage output without buying ability power (AP) items. Every other mage will tend to build AP, so he's a bit of an oddball. Playing LoL at level 30 (so you can participate in the tribunal) and not knowing about this is a faux pas equivalent to being sat at the captain's table, complaining that your gazpacho soup is cold.
Yeah, figured it was something like that. I've played maybe ten LoL games so far, mostly co-op dominion (because it takes like half or less the amount of time to play), so I'm not exactly familiar with all the quirks :P

I guess it's possible the reporting critter was borrowing (or bought or some such nonsense) a L30, but it's a bit silly of a thing for someone who actually played their way to that point to miss, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: April 27, 2012, 09:11:51 pm »

Does anyone know where to find a good jungling guide?  I'm considering learning how to do it to be a bit more viable instead of being the usual AP carry Anivia or AD Wukong :)

edit: and where are you guys finding these preemptive patch notes?  I can't find them anywhere ._.
http://www.youtube.com/user/stonewall008?feature=g-all-u
This is the only resource you'll need, as far as jungling goes. Stonewall really knows what he's doing, and I haven't found any others as noobie friendly as his guides are.
We get the early patch notes from PBE.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: April 27, 2012, 09:13:16 pm »

and where are you guys finding these preemptive patch notes?  I can't find them anywhere ._.
I find them here, but I believe there's a better formatted version on another site:

http://www.lolpro.com/news

Edit: Morello's Evil tome: New Ignite substitute for CDR happy mages? 50% healing/regen debuff that lasts for 6 seconds, 20 second cooldown... sure, it's test changes, and has no damage component but damn if it doesn't sound a bit OP.

Will of the Ancients getting a minor nerf in terms of cost was welcome though. It felt entirely too easy to get for such a large upgrade from a Revolver.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:20:39 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: April 27, 2012, 09:28:38 pm »

Does anyone else randomly lose connection on lolpro? I don't think it's just my computer, since it happened at a school computer as well.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: April 27, 2012, 09:32:15 pm »

Astral, you know there's a better version of that on executioner's calling, right?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: April 27, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »

Astral, you know there's a better version of that on executioner's calling, right?

Not for mages, right? Mages are also getting a bit of a movespeed buff on Haunting Guise, something they desperately needed. Also, unlike Calling, it's a viable endgame item rather than a holdover situational item.

Edit: If they had Executioner's Calling build into something, or have some sort of stacking component for its passive DoT, it might be worth buying, but for now it's just a meh kind of situational item.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:09:08 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: April 27, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »

HG still isn't the kind of item I'd keep in my endgame build. There are far too many big ticket AP items to get otherwise. Rabadons is a must, Zhonyas is pretty important for any ap who wants some defensive stats, RoA is core on half the AP champs, Abyssal gives the same MP but more AP plus some MR which is hard to get in large amounts for APs, Void Staff fills the same MPen role but with a good bit more ap, DFG and Lichbane both give great extra nuking power, oh, and let's not forget the utility WotA and Rylais bring...
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1067